New Front 3

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

When Fat Ange came in they trusted their man and backed him financially. That’s what we need, but nobody knows where that money is coming from.

A Summer of rummaging around the bargain basement for cripples, bosman’s and broken players and trying to patch together a team out of them isn’t going to be anywhere near enough. 

Honestly scunnered as fuck with it all.

People need to realise that fat Ange had 30 million worth of Edouard and Ajer money to play with. Our two biggest saleable assets once upon a time in Kent and Morelos are out of contract in about 4 weeks. Bargain basement it is no matter how much the board want to back Beale. The money isn't there and FFP rules fuck us up if any of our backers did want to plough serious money in to us.

The only hope for any meaningful funds at the moment are by convincing someone that Kamara is worth a gamble based on past performances but that's me clutching at straws. I was genuinely hopeful that we could get Morelos, Kent and Kamara back to producing what they have shown us in the past but Beale hasn't managed that at all so far so I won't get overly-excited if either Kent or Morelos do sign an unlikely extension. Judging by how good they both can be they should easily be both the hottest free properties to come out of Scotland in a long while but they've been miles off it for a long while now.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

People need to realise that fat Ange had 30 million worth of Edouard and Ajer money to play with. Our two biggest saleable assets once upon a time in Kent and Morelos are out of contract in about 4 weeks. Bargain basement it is no matter how much the board want to back Beale. The money isn't there and FFP rules fuck us up if any of our backers did want to plough serious money in to us.

The only hope for any meaningful funds at the moment are by convincing someone that Kamara is worth a gamble based on past performances but that's me clutching at straws. I was genuinely hopeful that we could get Morelos, Kent and Kamara back to producing what they have shown us in the past but Beale hasn't managed that at all so far so I won't get overly-excited if either Kent or Morelos do sign an unlikely extension. Judging by how good they both can be they should easily be both the hottest free properties to come out of Scotland in a long while but they've been miles off it for a long while now.

I know that they had Ajer and Edouard money and we don’t. That’s why I said I don’t know where our money to do that is coming from. 

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Anyone still paying the money for Tillman?

talented young player who cld go on to be very good, but where we are at and given our resources, it makes no sense to spend such a large volume of our transfer kitty on him. 

If we were in a different spot with our squad you cld view him as a sound investment. But where we are on the squad, and our financials, its a risk we cant really take.  Its a shame as I think he has potential, but we have bigger problems to solve with the money we have available.

1 minute ago, crabbit247 said:

Fantastic question. I've no idea. He has the ability but and I hate to say this. Does he have the balls for our league games?

Can we afford to spend approx 5 Million of whatver budget we have on an attacking midfielder, when we have Cantwell, Lawrence (to come bacl) and Lowry (with potential but who knows?)

I know he scores, but still needs to develop and prove in big games, and we need more in front 3 and proven clinical players.

I like him btw, but its about priority and positions and what we have available.

36 minutes ago, Stunels said:

He's not even worth a mention at this rate, guy's finished

Heard otherwise. His surgery went very well and they are hopeful this is going to fix his recurring problems. Would be a huge break for us to have him fit for a season but who the fuck knows

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Heard otherwise. His surgery went very well and they are hopeful this is going to fix his recurring problems. Would be a huge break for us to have him fit for a season but who the fuck knows

Hadn't heard that, could be big if its true.  Really solid sub option for us in the past.

59 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

12 on the starting front three, another 6-7 million on the three backups and that’s before they do any business this Summer, because unlike us, you know they won’t stand still.

Good job we’ve got Sakala under contract for next season though. He’s a real difference maker.

I actually think they’re getting worse tbh. Their recent signings haven’t been as good from what I’ve seen. That cunt Oh is howling. 

£15m is about what it's going to cost for a new front three that is actually effective, and can operate to that level in Europe as well. 

We don't have that, we're going to bargain shop free agents and possibly spend a large chunk on maybe one or two players, but we're effectively going to redress shite with shit.

Bargain keeper, bargain defenders and midfielders, blow a large chunk on a striker or a winger, and bargain fill the rest.

Doesn't take mystic meg to see that the same issues are going to persist.

The fucking board are our issue, they don't have the funds to make us competitive, they don't have the football and business sense to employ the right people to make the right decisions when it comes to how best to invest into the squad. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think they’re getting worse tbh. Their recent signings haven’t been as good from what I’ve seen. That cunt Oh is howling. 

Actually agree. As much as it pains me to hand it to the cunts their standards have been excellent in terms of picking up points and results domestically. They won't keep that up as it's would be completely unprecedented in any league in the world. 

We need to win the first OF game next season which will be at Ibrox. Fuck the game in a couple of weeks for laying down a marker as it is meaningless. First OF game at Ibrox next season is where it matters. Psychologically the whole tone for the season was set in the first OF game this season and has completely played out the way that game went. Squad refresh required starting with a keeper.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Actually agree. As much as it pains me to hand it to the cunts their standards have been excellent in terms of picking up points and results domestically. They won't keep that up as it's would be completely unprecedented in any league in the world. 

We need to win the first OF game next season which will be at Ibrox. Fuck the game in a couple of weeks for laying down a marker as it is meaningless. First OF game at Ibrox next season is where it matters. Psychologically the whole tone for the season was set in the first OF game this season and has completely played out the way that game went. Squad refresh required starting with a keeper.

They skelp us in the last game it will leak into next season. Can't go a season without beating them once including twice in the cups. That's going to fuck us

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They skelp us in the last game it will leak into next season. Can't go a season without beating them once including twice in the cups. That's going to fuck us

We won the last 2 OF games in the 55 season and the last one was a 4-1 skelping. It means fuck all.

Obviously as fans we don't get to pick and choose which games we win but the more important game is the first one next season. The one in 2 weeks is essentially meaningless and at Ibrox so there won't be a skelping. If it turns out not to be meaningless and they can win the league at Ibrox then that's obviously TOTALLY different.

They kick off 45 minutes before us next week at Tynecastle. Us at home to Aberdeen we will know what their final score is just about in time for kick off for our second half. If the scum haven't finished the job against Hearts I still want us to go for the win against the sheep whatever that may mean for the game against them the following week.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Split hairs over a transfer fees all you want, but the point is we need investment to raise the quality.

They’ve spent a relative fortune on their front three, and a decent whack on the three who play second fiddle to them, do you think we are going to get so lucky that we pick up between three and five forward players who match their output, at a fraction of the financial outlay?

There’s no doubt we need to invest. “Atleast £15M on the front 3” sounds like all is lost if we dont. £12M isnt atleast £15M, end of discussion really.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Matondo hasn’t looked like a complete car crash in the last few weeks. 90% sure he won’t make it here but we know Kent isn’t part of the future so I’d give him the rest of the season to see if he can play himself into form. If not, we try to move on. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Matondo hasn’t looked like a complete car crash in the last few weeks. 90% sure he won’t make it here but we know Kent isn’t part of the future so I’d give him the rest of the season to see if he can play himself into form. If not, we try to move on. 

Think he looks better because hes came on in games that are absolutely crying out for a natural winger.  Don't know if he's good enough for Rangers beyond that.

In his defence though he's just back from injury.

8 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

He's utter garbage and a waste of money. However, he should start ahead of Kent who should not be anywhere near the team now. 

10 goals and 2 assists in 27 games last season in Belgium tell you that Matondo is a better player than what we have seen so far from him. Play him in the remaining games instead of Kent who probably won't be here next season. We've genuinely nothing to lose there. 

2 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

He's utter garbage and a waste of money. However, he should start ahead of Kent who should not be anywhere near the team now. 

Haven’t seen enough of him to say he’s garbage so give him the remaining games to see what if anything he’s got.

Kent and Morelos should be told to fuck off just now what message does it send out to other players to see these 2 chancers being automatic picks that don’t give a toss.