Tav as right winger

MonTheGers

His lack of awareness when defending has probably stopped clubs down south making an effort to sign him. For us he must be worth a shout in a back three and make us not so reliant on him tracking runners. Yesterday he quite literally turned his back on Jota and had no idea where he was when the cross came in.

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

His lack of awareness when defending has probably stopped clubs down south making an effort to sign him. For us he must be worth a shout in a back three and make us not so reliant on him tracking runners. Yesterday he quite literally turned his back on Jota and had no idea where he was when the cross came in.

I hope to fuck you mean “with” a back 3 and not “in” a back 3!

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

To my knowledge, no one has ever come in for Tavernier. His average defending is the reason.

A four-year contract extension is just another Wilson blunder.

A fucking shambles we gave him an extension. He still had 2 years left when we gave him it, he’ll have had barely any resale value at the end of that deal and the club never even fucking announced how long we extended him for, did they? At the time I remember them just saying it was a deal that would take him “well into his thirties”. 

A club run by fucking imbeciles from top to bottom, at the time.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I also think nobody has come in for him as they know he wouldn't leave us. I'll take pelters but I don't think his defending is as bad as made out. Yesterday he actually defended really well against their winger all day. He switched off with everyone else for their goal but.

Yesterday, he played well, but in the long time he has been here, he has been on the end of too much amateur defending.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I also think nobody has come in for him as they know he wouldn't leave us. I'll take pelters but I don't think his defending is as bad as made out. Yesterday he actually defended really well against their winger all day. He switched off with everyone else for their goal but.

Yeh a lot of times you hear interest for a player is because an agent has shopped them because the player has given them the heads up they would be open to a move.

A lot of times clubs don’t even need to approach other clubs. They speak to these big agencies almost on a daily basis

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Tav as a player is the very least of our problems.  He could quite easily play in any of the right hand side positions.

Tav as a captain?  Different conversation. 

Couldn’t agree more. The reason I suggested the right wing trial for remainder of the season was more because he could be more effective than any of the other options we currently have, albeit starting position and no real familiarity in that role probably makes it a non starter, despite my suggestion. RWB would be perfect for him I think, but we aren’t ever going to regularly play 3 CB’s, so again a non starter.

Someone said about shoehorning in underperforming players is a stupid idea and I agree with that to an extent, but would reiterate that sadly he is our biggest threat on goal. 

Don’t believe he should ever have been made captain but he is, so we are stuck with that until at least the end of the season. 

For what it’s worth I think Tav gets a lot of stick and a lot is justified. Didn’t think he did a huge amount wrong on Sunday, did well defensively overall, but switching off at the goal along with the other culprits was unforgivable. Not good enough as a right back for me overall. So he either needs replaced or moved up the park if that was at all possible. 

Midfield is the way to go if any.  Worked for Ricksen, Gatuso etc.  He's done at right back. 

That goal on sunday was pathetic defending, not even having awareness jota was running behind him (McGregor rooted to his line, again for the 10,000th time) and Raskin stopping (he'll learn).  Oh and Davies sleeping (think was Davies) letting maeda skip in front of him and then not blocking the cross.

If I was shouting at Raskin straight away for stopping, how could the defence right beside him not see it