20th Anniversary Dinner

Just now, SPWF said:

This a red neck man. Club’s being run by fucking charlatans. 

Edit: Just noticed it’s not the club that are running it :lol: Still embarrassing. 

Basically a sanctioned club event though with FiveStar.

Noticed the official Rangers social media pages haven't advertised this one though, no fucking wonder.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Some amount of depressing bastards.

A night to remember one of our best seasons ever

Think the depressing thing is this was twenty years ago and we've won five titles since and never done another treble since.

And now we're having an anniversary for it while we get smashed pillar to post off them in all competitions for over a year at this point.

Might be something yourself would enjoy, but I couldn't sit there and be happy and have a laugh, while we're currently basketcase that look incapable of doing such feats again.

6 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I get the point you’re making, but it puts me in mind of some wee tinpot team like Kilmarnock celebrating the canteen-th anniversary of that one time they won the league. 20 years ffs.

They had three trebles in over 100 years when we had seven, and they’ve managed now to win five in the last seven years. It just taints it when you see how far we have fallen since those days.

The treble’s not even been possible for 100 years

16 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

That's embarrassing and a thing I'd not be celebrating, twenty year since we done a treble is fucking pish.

You're no celebrating the club you're celebrating that specific team, that tim team was probably the strongest in my lifetime, winning a Treble against them was one of our biggest achievements in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

You're no celebrating the club you're celebrating that specific team, that tim team was probably the strongest in my lifetime, winning a Treble against them was one of our biggest achievements in my opinion.

Still embarrassing given the current state of the club. 

Starting to become one of those, mind when this happened, or mind when we done this.

Great feeling back then, but to regurgitate it now, as an anniversary is just not the right time in honesty, nor would it ever be.

We don't do that. 

We want more trophies, we don't sit and look back on treble twenty years ago.

Tinpot stuff.

4 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Starting to become one of those, mind when this happened, or mind when we done this.

Great feeling back then, but to regurgitate it now, as an anniversary is just not the right time in honesty, nor would it ever be.

We don't do that. 

Tinpot stuff.

What a load of fucking shite man :lol: 

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

We don't do that. 

Tinpot stuff.

I don't see the problem in it, it's nostalgic but it'll take a lot of people back to a time in their lives that they really enjoyed, whether we like it or not it's been 20 years since we've won a treble, the longest it's ever been between trebles and none where probably as against the odds as that one, it was an incredible season with the most incredible finish, a team that wouldn't give up.

I'm proud of that team and loved that period in my life, if folk think it comes across as tinpot that's upto them but I'd tell them to lighten up and enjoy the memories of what those guys gave us.

45 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Shouldn’t have Celebrated the barca bears cause we were shite when we celebrated their achievements 

Engaging in reducto ad absurdum doesn't change the fact that it's embarrassing, a non comparable event in winning a European trophy, Vs celebrating something twenty years on that should be pretty run of the mill for a club like this.

Mental.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Engaging in reducto ad absurdum doesn't change the fact that it's embarrassing, a non comparable event in winning a European trophy, Vs celebrating something twenty years on that should be pretty run of the mill for a club like this.

Mental.

Trebles never have and never will be ‘run of the mill’ for anyone. Celtic are just having a freak run

Great times for the club back then, never thought we would fall as far as we have when we won the 50th title. It's good for fans to reminisce about those times in the company of legends, but also a reminder of what dross we are putting up with now. A conflicting one