Alex Lowry Progress at Hearts

Loyal72

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Harsh. I think he is worth another chance.

Have you looked at our bench recently?

Maybe Clement could give him a good shake and point him in the right direction. He certainly needs guidance, because he isn't a wee boy anymore and needs to take the step up or he will be playing in the lower divisionsfor the rest of his career.

How many more managers do you want Lowry to dissapoint before admiting he's not worth the hassle for us.

The problem is the boy, he doesn't have the mentality to be a top flight footballer. Would rather we invest our time in those who do

4 minutes ago, Finny said:

He's not even close to the type of player the manager wants in our team. Cantwell is getting in at a push I think. There's no way Lowery plays under Clement. 

I did say as a bench player when we had loads of injuries mate,

you know, the terrible times when you have to resort to playing the likes of Scott Wright. 

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

How many more managers do you want Lowry to dissapoint before admiting he's not worth the hassle for us.

The problem is the boy, he doesn't have the mentality to be a top flight footballer. Would rather we invest our time in those who do

I think he is worth a place on our thread bare bench. Fair enough if you you disagree.

We have the likes of Scott Wright on the bench.

Typed his name twice in an hour. Boke inducing. LOL.

Doesn’t work hard enough off the ball to be a modern day player. 

Has a technical level slightly above most young Scottish players, but nowhere near the work rate.

You’ve got to have talent levels off the scale like Ozil, Riquelme to get away with that in 21st century football. But even those players seem out of touch with what’s needed nowadays, you don’t see them coming through anymore because sides can’t carry them. 

28 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think he is worth a place on our thread bare bench. Fair enough if you you disagree.

Doubt I'll ever see Lowry scoring the decisive goal in a Scottish Cup Final.

33 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'd take Scott Wright over Lowry every day of the week. And I don't rate him much

Lowry is a waste of time

25 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'd take Scott Wright over Lowry every day of the week. And I don't rate him much

Lowry is a waste of time

We both know that Wright isn't worthy of the bench. Had one great match in his Rangers career and has scored about 2 goals since.

We should agree to disagree about Lowry and let Clement decide mate.

38 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Lowry is a waste of time

I'd give him a week to 10 days training under Clement tbh. If he doesn't buck his ideas up in that time then gone and try swap him for Barron if he's meant to be coming in.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Might just keep him here to stick on the bench in EL ties. That’s what we already do, when we could be sending other players out on loan.

And reward his shite attitude? Nah. 

Too long he's thought he's Mr Big I am, without producing anything to show for it, reality check at Hearts.

I can't believe I've seen some people excited that he's coming back, not saying you are - but there's this part of our support that thinks Alex Lowry is the one, he's going to be the big breakout.

It's rapidly going off a cliff, and he'll be kicking about in league two in no time.

Disappointed that it has not worked for Lowry at Hearts. I believe he has a good talent but probably putting his leisure time before his football, and that will never work.

My thinking is either he listens to Phil and has a chance with us (he might send him out on loan for the rest of the season) or he ignorers his advice and his career goes down hill fast. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He is :lol: Not that it’s an achievement

Both pish but at least Scott Wright has helped us win trophies

Lowry is garbage. Out of possession one of the worst players I've ever seen get to the level he has got to

It's either physical limitations for him (i.e. not fit enough) or he's just lazy and given what i've been told about his attitude and behaviour of certain people close to him I think it's the fact he thinks he should be starting week in week out for us. Deluded

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Both pish but at least Scott Wright has helped us win trophies

Lowry is garbage. Out of possession one of the worst players I've ever seen get to the level he has got to

It's either physical limitations for him (i.e. not fit enough) or he's just lazy and given what i've been told about his attitude and behaviour of certain people close to him I think it's the fact he thinks he should be starting week in week out for us. Deluded

Doesn’t make him a better player though mate, Wright works harder, Lowry’s much better

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I can't get my head around the fact that he has ability but he seems hell bent on fucking his career up by having a lazy attitude to the bare minerals of the game...fucking mystified why he hasn't realised that ability alone will only take you so far:furious:

No different to any other job. We’ve probably all worked with people who could be a lot better at their job but choose not to put the effort in.

I'd like to see if Clement can get something out of Lowry. He doesn't seem the type to fuck about and won't tolerate shite. I think Lowry definitely has ability but like others have said, he has to do more especially off the ball. 

Also.. Scott Wright is shite.