Alex Lowry Progress at Hearts

Loyal72

10 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Lowry's a fucking waster

I’ve heard plenty about him not acting like a professional too, certainly over the course of the last two managers.

Clearly a great talent, but needs to screw the nut. Hopefully time at Hearts gets his head straight and he sees how good first team football can be, and how big Rangers are.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve heard plenty about him not acting like a professional too, certainly over the course of the last two managers.

Clearly a great talent, but needs to screw the nut. Hopefully time at Hearts gets his head straight and he sees how good first team football can be, and how big Rangers are.

I would be delighted to be proved wrong 😉👍

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe that is partly the fault of the managers.  Would also have hoped the captain and other senior players would have stepped in.

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

Maybe that is partly the fault of the managers.  Would also have hoped the captain and other senior players would have stepped in.

All rumours so don’t want to throw the boy under the bus, but it’s more to do with the crowd he’s with and how he acts away from the training centre / Ibrox. 

12 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Even though he is in and out of the Hearts midfield?

Think he’s a bit of a luxury player for a team like Hearts. Just by actually trying to play a forward pass he’d improve our midfield 

On 08/10/2023 at 00:05, SonicWill said:

My pal is a Hearts season ticket holder and is already asking if they can keep him. Seems like he's held in very high regard by the support.

If there's any option to recall him, it'd be worth exploring. Providing, of course, we're willing to give him game time.

Halliday speaks highly of him all the time too.

9 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Comes across really well there, honest aware and humble.

I guess it shows we shouldn't listen to rumour and speculation.

First ive actually heard him speak. Heres hoping he turns it around at ibrox. Wouldnt be opposed to him coming back in january

Is this spell at Hearts not the best we could hope for for a loan deal.

He’s playing plenty of minutes and seems to be performing. It’s exactly what he and the club needs.

Hopefully when he comes back in the summer he shows the same drive and determination to show he’s good enough for us

22 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Is this spell at Hearts not the best we could hope for for a loan deal.

He’s playing plenty of minutes and seems to be performing. It’s exactly what he and the club needs.

Hopefully when he comes back in the summer he shows the same drive and determination to show he’s good enough for us

No, coz folk like being negative and writing him off. 

16 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Comes across really well there, honest aware and humble.

I guess it shows we shouldn't listen to rumour and speculation.

I'm not sure a 50 second clip does that tbh mate.

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Lowry on bench for Scotland Under 21’s v Hungary. Leon King started. At halftime it’s 3-1 Scotland. It’s on YouTube if anyone is interested. 

King was playing in midfield and looked pretty comfortable playing there.  Wonder if he could do a job for us in the holding midfield role...

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I don’t know mate. I just don’t see it with him yet. 

Personally I think it's hard to judge him considering he's still young and had to play in some terrible line-ups with terrible centre half partners.  For a centre half he's always looked very comfortable on the ball, maybe he'll play better as a holding midfielder just letting the rest of the midfield attack.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

I don’t know mate. I just don’t see it with him yet. 

Don't know about King, hopefully he'll make it with us but not sure. 

Halliday said the other week that after Lowry scored the winner for them in the cup (92nd min or something) then the week after set up the winner in the league - coming on as a sub he walked into the dressing room and said "Had to bail yous out again lads". 

That's a great cocky attitude to have. Shows he's confident, I'd get him back in January and let the new manager assess him. Boy has talent. 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Don't know about King, hopefully he'll make it with us but not sure. 

Halliday said the other week that after Lowry scored the winner for them in the cup (92nd min or something) then the week after set up the winner in the league - coming on as a sub he walked into the dressing room and said "Had to bail yous out again lads". 

That's a great cocky attitude to have. Shows he's confident, I'd get him back in January and let the new manager assess him. Boy has talent. 

Agreed mate. It’s King I don’t know about. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Agreed mate. It’s King I don’t know about. 

Yeah I know, hard to judge King as he was thrown in at the deep end in Gios time. 

I just think Lowry gets a right shit time at points. "supposedly" he has this attitude, because ITK people say it.

Think some pretty good footballers in todays game have an attitude, doesn't mean given the chance they aren't good players. 

If they turn up, play well and win us games  so be it. 

He wasnt playing all that much for Hearts. Then he came on v Killie got the winner and by all accounts ran the show v Hibs until he got substituted. I like the lad and always want young Scottish boys to play for the team they love. Sadly it hasnt happened much in recent years as we prefer wasting money on the likes of Lammers, Dessers etc rather than trust our own youths 

14 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Yeah I know, hard to judge King as he was thrown in at the deep end in Gios time. 

I just think Lowry gets a right shit time at points. "supposedly" he has this attitude, because ITK people say it.

Think some pretty good footballers in todays game have an attitude, doesn't mean given the chance they aren't good players. 

If they turn up, play well and win us games  so be it. 

Yeh I don’t mind the cocky attitude, if anything we need a bit of that. And somebody who won’t hide and will try and play the risky forward pass.

It’s the off the field stories you hear about his boozing etc. The boy has all the ability. If he matures off the park and gets himself in the right physical condition, he’ll be some player. (He was subbed against Hibs because he was absolutely gassed.)