Should homophobic language be permitted?

Should homophobic language be acceptable?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should homophobic language be acceptable?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Didn't Chris McKee get done for it? Or was that for something else?

Aye, four games for calling someone either a ‘poof’ or a ‘faggot’ after a heavy tackle. Went and apologised to the boy right after the game. 

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

When the language has literally been considered racist for generations, I think it's fair to assume that people have had plenty of time to adjust.

I think if people's parents or grandparents continue to use racist terms unknowingly, then it should be their children's responsibility to point this out and let them know.

If they refuse to accept this advice, then they have no excuse and they would be being willfully racist.

OK, I’ll put you down as YES and YES :lol:

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not at all. I used to use language all the time that I have taken out of my vocabulary as it's wrong.

That's kinda my point on here.

Language about disability, sexual orientation etc. You can learn and unlearn terms that are suitable and not.

Years ago I did use the term 'poof' as an insult, and have not for years since because I know it's homophobic.

It's pretty easy to follow.

Well the second last paragraph is a pure lie as you used the word poof to insult a poster in the politics thread as shown in the other thread

You really should quit while you are losing this argument....you have spouted a lot of nonesense and proved yourself to be very hypocritical on the subject while insulting an elderly family member of another poster....you will have better days in the forum that's for sure:confused:

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

While it isn't a reference to the player's own sexuality, it is used as a stereotypical reference to homosexual males historically being perceived as being soft or girly. That's why it's considered homophobic language.

I'm not even sure why this needs explaining.

I get all that. Still won't stop people tho. 

Usual scumbags and trolls derailing the entire forum, is it? 

Overtly racist, homophobic, or similar content will be removed and the offending party banned. Cunts trying to showboat how inclusive they are by freaking out whenever someone posts something containing words they don’t like can also be banned.

Grow up.