Should homophobic language be permitted?

Should homophobic language be acceptable?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should homophobic language be acceptable?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

haha, you get racist people everywhere. It's usually the old people who really don't understand foreigners culture or language. It's like taking a young Chinese guy from Beijing with no English language skills and just dumping him in the middle of a random area in Glasgow. That's how we can come across to the locals. Old people are not going to flock to the person and may say the odd insensitive thing. It took me a while to understand why nobody would sit next to me, now I just smile and enjoy the extra space. 

I understand why people may think Japanese (or any race) are racist with their "locals only" restaurants or whatever but when you get to understand the people, you realise they aren't actually racist. There can be a fine line between preserving culture and being racist or being too open and ending up with men calling themselves woman and wearing dresses. 

I must be a right sexy bastard then, they sat next to me. :lol:

There's a huge amount who believe Japan is only for Japanese, the younger generation is massively changing that but it is still prevalent. You've got bars for 'no wide eyes'. Anyway this is about something else, we're definitely clogging up the thread. :lol:

Just now, J-Maestro said:

There's a huge amount who believe Japan is only for Japanese, the younger generation is massively changing that but it is still prevalent. You've got bars for 'no wide eyes'. Anyway this is about something else, we're definitely clogging up the thread. :lol:

Guy in my works been 3 times, I can’t believe how much it costs to go there 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

She did have dementia ya loud mouth prick, you’d be as well watching who you talk to and what you say about people’s family members on here, :)

Then read my post again, I said it would not apply if the person had dementia.

Being old is not an excuse.

Use that language on here and you get a ban for a reason. It's not acceptable and is deemed racist, does not matter if you are old.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Japan is excellent, I'd rather know a bar doesn't welcome "wide eyes" than go in and find out any other way :lol:

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Is calling someone's granny an old boot not deemed abusive to the elderly then? I'm getting confused slightly. 

He's no well

No cunt will take him seriously anyway, just stamps his feet demanding to be noticed. Shown up for being a hypocritical little clown

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Then read my post again, I said it would not apply if the person had dementia.

Being old is not an excuse.

Use that language on here and you get a ban for a reason. It's not acceptable and is deemed racist, does not matter if you are old.

Fuck off ya wee arse bandit

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Japan is excellent, I'd rather know a bar doesn't welcome "wide eyes" than go in and find out any other way :lol:

I recorded that first part of Jane McDonald's trip to Japan the other night.

Think i'll go and watch it, than laugh at Pound Shop Gary Linekars on here ffs

photo-62387.png

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He's no well

No cunt will take him seriously anyway, just stamps his feet demanding to be noticed. Shown up for being a hypocritical little clown

Not at all. I used to use language all the time that I have taken out of my vocabulary as it's wrong.

That's kinda my point on here.

Language about disability, sexual orientation etc. You can learn and unlearn terms that are suitable and not.

Years ago I did use the term 'poof' as an insult, and have not for years since because I know it's homophobic.

It's pretty easy to follow.

10 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Guy in my works been 3 times, I can’t believe how much it costs to go there 

It’s well worth it but there are parts of it that are really fucking seedy, age of consent being one of them. They only just changed it this year from 13 to 16. 

40 year old men fawning over ‘Idol’ groups etc.

Outside of that it’s fucking fantastic.

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

You are actually a perfect example of someone just moral grandstanding and calling someone racist when they actually aren't, and you know they aren't. 

I've seen countless people being willingly racist and relying on the 'different generation' excuse to get round it.

Is an excuse that doesn't hold up, unless like I say the person is suffering from a neurological condition, which @RFC55's gran was, so I do apologise for that.

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I've seen countless people being willingly racist and relying on the 'different generation' excuse to get round it.

Is an excuse that doesn't hold up, unless like I say the person is suffering from a neurological condition, which @RFC55's gran was, so I do apologise for that.

Calling someones granny an old boot deserves a fucking kicking or much worse, an apology is in order. Calling someone a poof can be a term of endearment especially when they are acting like a wee jessie.:thumbup:

28 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

If my pal rolls about after a tackle for example I’d say get up ya poof, that won’t ever change

It is 100% about how it is used and its intention that matters. I mean the word black isn't racist but it is relatively easy to use it in a racist way. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

It is 100% about how it is used and its intention that matters. I mean the word black isn't racist but it is relatively easy to use it in a racist way. 

Some words we just shouldn’t be saying too though, I’m sure @RFC55 might say it and not mean anything by it, but he’s also intelligent enough to know it’s not exactly ok to do.

Does it mean he’s going round gay bashing or even hating gay people? No.

Is it ok to say it? No, it’s part of the reason there’s so little ‘out’ footballers too.

As I say I used to use it far too often, I recognise that I wasn’t right for doing it though.