The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

Hope to fuck journalists ask proper questions tomorrow at the press conference. Things like does he actually know what the issues are, how is he planning on fixing it, what is his style of play, what is your actual formation, tactics, how do you want to see your team play, why are we not seeing this, why are the players not responding, had he faith in his signings, if so why isn’t he playing them etc. 

No doubt fuck all like that will be asked and it’ll be the same pish from the journalists looking for click bait about booing GSTK. And Dingwall and 4lads will as blazer chasing pish as well no doubt!

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Did PLG not walk away for free?

56 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He resigned and only took relocation costs. I think he may have done it that way to ensure his background staff got full payouts or something? I’m sure I’ve heard that before.

Did he not walk right into the PSG job?

59 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It’s beyond that stage for me now. Even if we went out and battered St Johnstone 5-0 it’s just papering over the cracks at this point.

I agree was meaning specifically for the atmosphere at the game on Saturday.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It’s beyond that stage for me now. Even if we went out and battered St Johnstone 5-0 it’s just papering over the cracks at this point.

Never a truer word.

If the board think a win in Perth will make this go away, then they’re incompetent and deluded.

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Is there any substance to the rumours that Rangers approached Potter and Muscat ? It seemingly broke in the sun about Potter so not convinced, i reckon its all click bait and Beale will still be here for a wee while yet, hope im wrong, i also hoped the same when Gio got booted and look who we ended up with, ive got no confidence in the board appointing someone who can finaly turn us round.

The Muscat one came from an Australian Twitter account that seemed pretty reliable and think the Potter link first broke from an English (London based) journalist?

They may well just be doing 2+2=9 in terms of there is pressure on Beale and we will link a name, but on the face of it there seems little benefit for them just putting out click bait (or perhaps I mean you would think they would have better stuff to make up to suit their local audience if they are just running a nothing story)?

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Is there any substance to the rumours that Rangers approached Potter and Muscat ? It seemingly broke in the sun about Potter so not convinced, i reckon its all click bait and Beale will still be here for a wee while yet, hope im wrong, i also hoped the same when Gio got booted and look who we ended up with, ive got no confidence in the board appointing someone who can finaly turn us round.

White and Jordan covered Potter earlier. They said there has been absolutely no contact with him from Rangers.

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Don’t think he was short on offers tbf. I remember him being linked with quite a few big jobs before we managed to get him only for it to turn into an utter shambles.

I barely remember anything from that part of that season in all honesty :lol: 

22 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Don’t think he was short on offers tbf. I remember him being linked with quite a few big jobs before we managed to get him only for it to turn into an utter shambles.

Le Guen had a far superior start to his season than Beale has, on a far lesser budget :lol: fucking says it all really.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He didn’t though. He had a honking start in the league.

Well that's nonsense. He won 3 and drew 3 and lost 1 in his first 7 games for us. Beale has lost 4 in his first 8 this season. Only difference is Le Guen only played one leg of a qualifier and it was for the UEFA Cup.

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

Well that's nonsense. He won 3 and drew 3 in his first 6 games for us. Beale has lost 4 in his first 8. Only difference is Le Guen only played one qualifier.

By the end of September we had played 8 games under Le Guen. Won 3, drew 3 and lost 2.

The guy was honking so let’s not rewrite history here. It took him until November before he managed to win 2 league games in a row ffs

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Hope to fuck journalists ask proper questions tomorrow at the press conference. Things like does he actually know what the issues are, how is he planning on fixing it, what is his style of play, what is your actual formation, tactics, how do you want to see your team play, why are we not seeing this, why are the players not responding, had he faith in his signings, if so why isn’t he playing them etc. 

No doubt fuck all like that will be asked and it’ll be the same pish from the journalists looking for click bait about booing GSTK. And Dingwall and 4lads will as blazer chasing pish as well no doubt!

If 4lads is going then I don't think he is going to hold back. Possibly the same with Edgar. The rest will be pitter patter usual shite.

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

Yeah we were starting to suffer back then. He did make a couple of more than decent signings to be fair but others were absolutely howling.

Aye, I'm talking about the budget though not the quality of signings.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

By the end of September we had played 8 games under Le Guen. Won 3, drew 3 and lost 2.

The guy was honking so let’s not rewrite history here. It took him until November before he managed to win 2 league games in a row ffs

Not trying to. But this season has started off in a comparable manner. Shocking performances and very poor results.