Rugby world cup 2023

KingKirk

10 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

They were never qualifying out of that group mate, not a chance.

No was never likely. But would be really crap if we played brilliantly and still went out. At least when we don’t deserve to it’s not as frustrating 

Just now, Gmajor1991 said:

The only dampener is the awful, awful “Ireland’s Call”. Come on Ireland🔵🟢🟡🔴

I’d rather hear that than the fucking soldiers song. I hope you are using the red dot as Ulster there btw because our flag isn’t fucking yellow 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Would you prefer the Soldiers Song?

His genuine answer is yes. He’s from Dublin, it’s quite bizarre he chose to support us because his political beliefs are quite sympathetic to the republican side which is only natural given where he’s from, but aye, odd.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

His genuine answer is yes. He’s from Dublin, it’s quite bizarre he chose to support us because his political beliefs are quite sympathetic to the republican side which is only natural given where he’s from, but aye, odd.

Always assumed someone supporting us and living there was in Dublin temporarily, for work or something.

Seems I'm way off.

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Always assumed someone supporting us and living there was in Dublin temporarily, for work or something.

Seems I'm way off.

Nah he’s literally from Dublin and randomly chose to support us. I want to give the guy credit but I have read his opinions on aspects of Irish politics and I don’t like them :lol:

Hes definitely made Ulster the yellow dot in his post there btw. Minging 

Was always going to be a massive ask.

We were shafted with the pools and faced (IMO) the two best sides in the World. 

Players must feel so frustrated that they have so much potential and couldn't get going or gain any sort of momentum.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

All things said I do enjoy Zombie getting pelted out by a full stadium. 

Noticed they were singing it at the Ryder Cup as well. Didn’t really see it as an anthem to be sung at sport right enough but there ye go. 😂

Just now, B1872 said:

Noticed they were singing it at the Ryder Cup as well. Didn’t really see it as an anthem to be sung at sport right enough but there ye go. 😂

At the Ryder Cup they were singing at Cantlay 'He's in your head, he's in your head. Rory. Rory. Rory'. :lol: 

Probably been highlighted from the boy in the UFC, Korean Zombie, who recently retired. 

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

At the Ryder Cup they were singing at Cantlay 'He's in your head, he's in your head. Rory. Rory. Rory'. :lol: 

Probably been highlighted from the boy in the UFC, Korean Zombie, who recently retired. 

Oh right!🙈😂

20 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I enjoy that it upsets people of an IRA apologist persuasion. 

Was a big thing there, loads commenting on it, news, papers, politicians and what not.

I'd go so far as to say i even agreed with the leader of the Nationalist SDLP'S view on it -

Mr Eastwood took to X (formerly Twitter) to voice his opinion on the debate.

"Zombie is an anti-war song written after the IRA killed 2 children in Warrington,” he said.

“Stop trying to make it something it isn’t. And stop pretending opposing IRA brutality is the same as supporting British brutality.

"Most of us opposed both.”

2 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Ireland at the breakdown are a different level. Joke being ranked 5th and having the 2 best teams in your pool. None of these teams should have 1 never mind 2 top 5 teams in their pool. 

Either way, mental Ireland have never made it past a quarter final. Didn't even top their pool last time, losing out to Japan of all teams