***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

His record is abysmal and the football we're all watching is absolutely chronic. 

2 weeks on the training pitch apparently and that's what they served up today, utter shite,same as its been since he got here. 

He's done. 

It's OK to be pleased we won 😄

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: that’s bollocks and you know it. Threads last year were filled with negativity when we were winning. Particularly the DU game

Pretty sure you're one of the "winning is all that matters" proclaimers. We won today so for today that should be all that matters.

I never said Beale was the first to experience this 🤣

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

His record is abysmal and the football we're all watching is absolutely chronic. 

2 weeks on the training pitch apparently and that's what they served up today, utter shite,same as its been since he got here. 

He's done. 

Well he's not done as he's still here. We won today, it seems like folk aren't happy.

Personally I'd be delighted if he won every game this next block til the next international break. Maybe you'd not be so pleased.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some who say that say other stuff is what's important when we win. Am Iwrong?

These types of arguments are usually a bit disingenuous though. 

Winning is obviously the most important thing, but you have to give yourself the best chance of winning. Playing the way we do, under the current manager, suggests it is not giving us the best chance of winning.

It's not getting the best out of our players either. Alternatively, if this is the best out players can offer, then the manager has signed absolute dross. 

It's never as simple as flip flopping between the two for the sake of being negative. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Pretty sure you're one of the "winning is all that matters" proclaimers. We won today so for today that should be all that matters.

I never said Beale was the first to experience this 🤣

It is, which is why I never complained. 

I know you never, but you said it as if it’s different from previous managers, when it’s the same.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is, which is why I never complained. 

I know you never, but you said it is if it’s different from previous managers, when it’s the same.

Great, almost positive 😁

Can't help you interpreting that way but you're right I never said it. 👍

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They got pumped 4-0 at home off Stirling Albion, beat at home to Ayr who are having a shocker of a season, beat off Stenhousemuir. It’s not a false position at all.

Awful results but I'm not sure how games from July, none of which were in the league, would be relevant in a discussion about how them being bottom of the league is a false position. It's only 5 league games in FFS. ST Johnstone will not be bottom of the league come May. 

4 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

These types of arguments are usually a bit disingenuous though. 

Winning is obviously the most important thing, but you have to give yourself the best chance of winning. Playing the way we do, under the current manager, suggests it is not giving us the best chance of winning.

It's not getting the best out of our players either. Alternatively, if this is the best out players can offer, then the manager has signed absolute dross. 

It's never as simple as flip flopping between the two for the sake of being negative. 

Don't know why anyone wouldn't be pleased to have won, especially those who believe winning is all that matters,but from the negativity today it seems not to be the case  😁

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Great, almost positive 😁

Can't help you interpreting that way but you're right I never said it. 👍

I’m always positive, me. Never negative, ever.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Awful results but I'm not sure how games from July, none of which were in the league, would be relevant in a discussion about how them being bottom of the league is a false position. It's only 5 league games in FFS. ST Johnstone will not be bottom of the league come May. 

You don’t see how them being beaten/humiliated by 3 lower league teams, getting a massive 3 points against lower league teams, is relevant to a team, that have started the season rotten, and are barely scoring? 

They might not, but they finished 11th two seasons ago, and last season were right in the relegation shout until the split.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't know why anyone wouldn't be pleased to have won, especially those who believe winning is all that matters,but from the negativity today it seems not to be the case  😁

I'd say everyone is pleased we won, but that they're equally (or perhaps more) concerned for the forthcoming fixtures if we continue to perform in a similar fashion. It's already seen us drop points this season and embarrassed in Europe.

The negativity will disappear if we can go on a winning run where we steadily improve. Time will tell on that front. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m always positive, me. Never negative, ever.

You don’t see how them being beaten/humiliated by 3 lower league teams, getting a massive 3 points against lower league teams, is relevant to a team, that have started the season rotten, and are barely scoring? 

They might not, but they finished 11th two seasons ago, and last season were right in the relegation shout until the split.

It certainly demonstrates that they were pish in July. However 5 games in (4 games at the time of the original post) when all teams haven't played each other yet means there's every chance that they aren't sitting in their true position. Like I said they held the scum to 0-0 away from home so today was a potential banana skin for us, especially off the back of our last result and our general form this season. Two nils away from home I'll take all day long. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It certainly demonstrates that they were pish in July. However 5 games in (4 games at the time of the original post) when all teams haven't played each other yet means there's every chance that they aren't sitting in their true position. Like I said they held the scum to 0-0 away from home so today was a potential banana skin for us, especially off the back of our last result and our general form this season. Two nils away from home I'll take all day long. 

They were awful in August, and looked awful today. They’ve spent the vast majority of the last two seasons fight relegation too, they’ll be near there this season as well.

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not a defence of Gio who I wanted gone or Beale who I want gone.

Just noticeable that there's so much negativity on a day we won, and a bit changing the rules by some to fit that narrative.

Don’t think is a difference tbh, both had the same criticisms that’s can’t see style of play which we feared would catch up on us.

If we drew or won the other week still be plenty criticism about. It’s pony to watch 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's done. 

:lol:

Fuck being you mate, sorry.

5 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Can’t wait to see The happy clappy win’s a win mob on Thursday 🙈 we’re being served up absolute dug shit and have been every game bar a home draw with PSV 

Happy clappy, ffs really…I think I may have seen 1 person think Beale’s the man to take us forward.

Hard to watch this style of football from both teams.

St Johnstone happy to have eleven men in their half, Rangers happily knocking the ball around in their half then lump a long ball forward.

Yes we won 3 points but if we get used to playing this style of football we will get slaughtered in Europe.