***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

3 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Lammers clearly has footballing ability - you can tell that in his touch and some of his passing.

But he seems like the sort of player who just isn't suited to modern football. He's almost like a second striker/number 10 but with no pace or agility.

It seemed like he was playing almost as a right winger at points today, and he's definitely not going to do anything for us out there.

I think there's definitely a good player in there, but we'd need to so radically alter our system to accommodate his particular skillset that it's probably more hassle than its worth. Still relatively early doors but he looks a poor signing.

He's a bit like a guy you would see at fives who has all the skill in the world one minute then is tripping over the ball the next.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Used to say that earlier than many about Gio and plenty on here said winning was all that matters. Seems it’s not.

We all know not having a style of play and relying on individuals falls a part quite quickly.

Also is that a defence of gio? :lol:

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Gio had more credit in the bank, this clown hasn't. 

Not long ago this time last year gio went there and insisted on us sticking 21 of 22 corners into the same place. We got beat off a dug shite St J team.

Can we fuck up about Gio, both aren’t good enough.

43 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

We all know not having a style of play and relying on individuals falls a part quite quickly.

Also is that a defence of gio? :lol:

Not a defence of Gio who I wanted gone or Beale who I want gone.

Just noticeable that there's so much negativity on a day we won, and a bit changing the rules by some to fit that narrative.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He's a bit like a guy you would see at fives who has all the skill in the world one minute then is tripping over the ball the next.

St J had a promising spell for 15 mins or so in the 2nd half but outwith that we were in full control imo. Sima with a but more composure puts the game to bed before HT.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The boys said in the group chat he’s the perfect 5s player. 

My response was ‘he needs bigger goals not smaller ones’. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not a defence of Gio who I wanted gone or Beale who I want gone.

Just noticeable that there's so much negativity on a day we won, and a bit changing the rules by some to fit that narrative.

:lol: that’s bollocks and you know it. Threads last year were filled with negativity when we were winning. Particularly the DU game

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it's not about winning being all that matters, it's about what you think of the guy and his record?

His record is abysmal and the football we're all watching is absolutely chronic. 

2 weeks on the training pitch apparently and that's what they served up today, utter shite,same as its been since he got here. 

He's done. 

Another chronic performance despite how the manager sees it.

Not helped by that mobs spoiling tactics and another performance of complete ineptitude from officials allowing nothing tussles and exaggerated contact to be rewarded with fouls against our players how Raskin gotna yellow when the cunt dived was fucking ridiculous yet that cunt Kane twice dived and got the benefit of var to see if a foul or more had been committed.

Weak officiating it's.no co incidence that every time we have an issue with these patsy bastards at the  SFA their officials do their utmost to facilitate tactics no better than blatant cheating from opposition teams .

Whilst a few of our players are doing some of  the same there was times today eg the blatant  barge on our player in their box resulted in no booking eventually the wee bastard was booked not good enough the manager needs to be more vocal and again questions need asked of that cunt Walsh and The actual laws of the game .

No doubt we were rank rotten today whilst it's ongoing those bastards antics today had a big bearing.on the game as well as questionable officiating our players should be in their faces giving them pelters especially pricks like Kane .

Performance wise it just isn't there can't break these cunts down with quick football every time they let them regroup because of the shitty side to side passing from us Beale still doesn't get it and it looks like neither do most of that squad only.pass mark for me today was Roofe occasionally Raskin but overall it was fucking horrendous viewing .

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was like that in my younger days, used to be prime Ronaldinho at 5s and 7s, put me on a full sized park with grass and I was brutal, couldny trap a bag of cement.