The Offside Goal vs St.J

RealWorldRich

10 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It shouldn't have been chopped off as it wasn't some clear and obvious error, not a conspiracy though.

Totally irrelevant. Every goal is checked. There doesn't need to be any 'clear and obvious error' when it comes to goal checks. The slightest infringement can be enough for a goal to be disallowed.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Totally irrelevant. Every goal is checked. There doesn't need to be any 'clear and obvious error' when it comes to goal checks. The slightest infringement can be enough for a goal to be disallowed.

Just as nonsense a write-off as the Morelos one before.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Stopping the opposition player from making a pass without taking possession of the ball 'completes the foul'.

Round we go again. In relation to rules are you referring to 12.1 where there is impeding with contact? Because a few posts ago it seemed you were implying it was simply impeding due to where he placed his foot ( ie it was a foul even if no contact had come from it). Two very separate and distinct rules.

If its the former, then imo the contact element infers contact made by the attacker. Not a rule warning for player A about the actions of player B causing player A to have committed an offence.

If its the latter, then based on your own quote that I've copied below again, its not about possession its about the ball being in playing distance which with Dessers it was.

Which is why I'm trying to drill down to exact cause of the foul and rules breached and why, yet it seems like you're being vague.

image.thumb.png.8dfa3a1e0409129127d047360f52f99c.png

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Round we go again. In relation to rules are you referring to 12.1 where there is impeding with contact? Because a few posts ago it seemed you were implying it was simply impeding due to where he placed his foot ( ie it was a foul even if no contact had come from it). Two very separate and distinct rules.

If its the former, then imo the contact element infers contact made by the attacker. Not a rule warning for player A about the actions of player B causing player A to have committed an offence.

If its the latter, then based on your own quote that I've copied below again, its not about possession its about the ball being in playing distance which with Dessers it was.

Which is why I'm trying to drill down to exact cause of the foul and rules breached and why, yet it seems like you're being vague.

image.thumb.png.8dfa3a1e0409129127d047360f52f99c.png

I implied nothing of the sort. I outright stated that Dessers putting his foot in and failing to win the ball is what impeded the celtic player from making a pass. That's where the foul is.

You've now quoted the bit about impeding an opponent without contact - which is as relevant to this as the offside rule.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

He was only kicked because he impeded him. For someone who spends so much time talking about fitba, this is schoolboy-level stuff for you to be getting wrong.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I implied nothing of the sort. I outright stated that Dessers putting his foot in and failing to win the ball is what impeded the celtic player from making a pass. That's where the foul is.

You've now quoted the bit about impeding an opponent without contact - which is as relevant to this as the offside rule.

Top post abive. Only kicked because he impeded him. That suggests the foul (impeding) has been committed from where the foot is, and the kicking comes after that foul. If that's not what you were inferring fair enough I'm simply clearing that point up. We're talking about impeding with contact which as I've said I believe is about the contact being made by the attacker.

Btw- it's fine to discuss points without being wankyall the time 😄 👍

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Top post abive. Only kicked because he impeded him. That suggests the foul (impeding) has been committed from where the foot is, and the kicking comes after that foul. If that's not what you were inferring fair enough I'm simply clearing that point up. We're talking about impeding with contact which as I've said I believe is about the contact being made by the attacker.

Btw- it's fine to discuss points without being wankyall the time 😄 👍

Well, you'd be wrong.

You may want to take your own advice there.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Just as nonsense a write-off as the Morelos one before.

I think the Morelos one was a goal, but he’d blown the whistle before it went in so under VAR rules they couldn’t change it?

Clancy is a wee cheating rat though. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He doesn't have some god given right to pass the ball, especially after making a poor touch then trying to turn 180 when he knew he was in trouble.

Dessers ran into an unoccupied square of grass - that cannot ever be a foul.

23 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

He doesn't have some god given right to pass the ball, especially after making a poor touch then trying to turn 180 when he knew he was in trouble.

Dessers never ran into anywhere,  he left a foot in and the player on the ball made contact with it

Next time we get a penalty for someone going by a defender then colliding with a leg left in, im guessing you'll say its not a penalty 

37 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

In that situation it's a rules given right rather than a god given one.

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

I have never even opened this thread until right now but honestly, why is this one incident even still being talked about

Because people can’t just accept other peoples opinions for what they are and won’t stop until everybody else agrees with them or at worst they get the last word in 

Welcome to the internet buddy, everybody wants to win it  👊🏼

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

In that situation it's a rules given right rather than a god given one.

Which rules mate? Be specific. Not just the ifab rule bit the specific term related to the Dessers incident.

If its impeding then then quote the ifab rule, specifically whether you believe the contact is relevant or not.

3 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Because people can’t just accept other peoples opinions for what they are and won’t stop until everybody else agrees with them or at worst they get the last word in 

Welcome to the internet buddy, everybody wants to win it  👊🏼

Which makes the Dessers "foul" all the more scandalous, it's abundantly clear that it was an entirely subjective call.  They say VAR isn't there to "re-ref" the game.  On field decisions that are subjective should remain how they were originally called by the ref.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Which rules mate? Be specific. Not just the ifab rule bit the specific term related to the Dessers incident.

If its impeding then then quote the ifab rule, specifically whether you believe the contact is relevant or not.

Mate, no offence, but @The Dude has tried, quoted everything that we need to know. If you want to live in the belief it's not a foul, batter in. You'll be in the same position wondering what's going on the next time, for what will be the the 4th time involving us, the same decision is made. 

7 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

Which makes the Dessers "foul" all the more scandalous, it's abundantly clear that it was an entirely subjective call.  They say VAR isn't there to "re-ref" the game.  On field decisions that are subjective should remain how they were originally called by the ref.

VAR is there to make sure every goal is legit, ours wasnt

2 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

In your subjective, and wrong, opinion.

Ah so im wrong, along with current refs

Good to know, btw you didnt answer my question yesterday 

If one of our attackers runs into a defenders outstretched leg in the box, are you wanting a penalty? 

Yes or no will suffice