Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve said before that imo we need another Gerrard type Appointment.

We not only need a manager, we need a personality - someone who can galvanise the club.

It needs to be as little a gamble / project as possible. Going now for a Gerrard like appointment would be crazy.

I agree fully though we need a personality who can galvanise the support. Fuck knows who though.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It needs to be as little a gamble / project as possible. Going now for a Gerrard like appointment would be crazy.

I agree fully though we need a personality who can galvanise the support. Fuck knows who though.

I wasn’t talking about the coach Gerrard, i was talking the personality/Stature Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve said before that imo we need another Gerrard type Appointment.

We not only need a manager, we need a personality - someone who can galvanise the club.

Who is that guy though? I can’t think of anybody who fits that sort of profile and I wouldn’t trust the people overseeing any recruitment process to identify them either.

I’ve said all along that I want Favre, because I think his strengths over the course of his career are all things we need as a club right now - develops young players, encourages good football, has worked with big names and personalities, has a track record of getting clubs to perform above expectations - but I’m aware that would also be a massive gamble at this point too because he’s never managed in Britain, he’s 65 years old and his last two jobs haven’t gone particularly well.

If we went down the caretaker route, to allow us to get a SD in and allow them the time to get their feet under the table and assess everything, my choice would have been Ranieri, but he’s in work at the moment (for now :lol: ) rather than somebody like Warnock.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I wasn’t talking about the coach Gerrard, i was talking the personality/Stature Gerrard.

Don’t understand how people aren’t getting that. 

Say what you want about his coaching or his managing, but when he came in he was the manager and everybody knew it because his name, his stature, his personality and his standing in the game gives, well gave, him a level of respect that everybody from journalists to the board room, understood and appreciated.

8 minutes ago, molesmole said:

From that lot I could see us going for Lopetegui, Marsch or Hassenhüttl with Lopetegui turning us down leaving the other two as ‘top’ contenders.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Who though? 

Few successful managers with such a trait are in our price range. And most in the game with such stature are as players who are likely untested as managers.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yep it's got pitfalls all over the place.

All of us want a good manager in permanently now, and for him to build us up again and get us winning. But such a capable guy is likely to be employed so we need to find cash for him and to pay off Beale, and hopefully for funds in Jan. I doubt we have such funds freely available.

I really fear that even if we have the right guy, that he fails to win stuff with this squad and the fans turn on him too by the summer. Which many will.

A temp stop gap isn't ideal, but it might help that manager's cause in the longer term. I've no idea who though.

There's no clear option for who the right guy is, so I'd imagine whoever the Board bring in, permanent or temp, will be met with huge amounts of negativity.

Like most, I can see the negatives of each option but not the solution, not the name who is achievable and ticks all our boxes.  It's a fucking shitshow.

That's pretty much my view as well, especially after wasting so much money on sacked managers and underperforming players.

I like Muscat, but many are against "projects"

Potter is too expensive and I'm also not a fan.

Clarke is a hilarious suggestion (that I personally wouldn't be happy with) as there is no chance he accepts.

I still want Beale gone though, but don't see any obvious solutions unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Don’t understand how people aren’t getting that. 

Say what you want about his coaching or his managing, but when he came in he was the manager and everybody knew it because his name, his stature, his personality and his standing in the game gives, well gave, him a level of respect that everybody from journalists to the board room, understood and appreciated.

If you're referring to me I fully get it. I'd love it. But such charismatic folk of stature are few and far between and more importantly aren't necessarily going to be successful in the short term. No manager, this guy or otherwise, is going to get time, 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who though? 

Few successful managers with such a trait are in our price range. And most in the game with such stature are as players who are likely untested as managers.

Quick look at out of work managers -

RVN and AVB are two names that jump right out.

Glasner and Lopetegui would also command a lot of respect.

You also have Hassenhutl.

Whether we could get them or not is different but imo RVN, Glasner and Hassenhutl would be gettable.

Reckon this will drag out until the international break. 

He should have been sacked yesterday but quick decisive action from this board not a chance.

With the new manager I reckon it will be Muscat we get.

From what I've read he sets up and plays a similar approach to what postecoglou did at the tarriers.

I can see our board thinking a straight copy of that will work with us. 

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Quick look at out of work managers -

RVN and AVB are two names that jump right out.

Glasner and Lopetegui would also command a lot of respect.

You also have Hassenhutl.

Whether we could get them or not is different but imo RVN, Glasner and Hassenhutl would be gettable.

RVN gives me the fear.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He should have been sacked yesterday but quick decisive action from this board not a chance.

From what I've read he sets up and plays a similar approach to what postecoglou did at the tarriers.

Someone on FF saying as we’re a plc we need to announce it Monday morning? Fuck knows how true but we punted Gio on a Monday morning so maybe something in it.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

79DAD06E-8587-409D-87C4-F85D5CC4F2DA.gif

The personality route is why I think, in my mind, a short term deal for someone like Magath makes sense.

He’s experienced as both a manager and a DOF. He’s a strong personality who doesn’t suffer fools and he takes an interest in us.

We need someone to come in and fix immediate issues with this playing group but also fix the football department and build it back up from the ground up. Beale was far too inexperienced for both roles.

The roadmap for me would be something like make him manager until the end of the season then move him upstairs to continue fixing the rest. At the same time give him the ability to appoint a manager for next season then get him to identify his long term replacement as DOF. 

He’s of an age where we can’t rely on him long term but he may be the short, sharp, shock the club desperately needs.

The board also need to realise that they are like me and every other fan at Ibrox, they don’t know much about football at the top level intimately. They need someone strategically advising them on this and they need to listen.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Someone on FF saying as we’re a plc we need to announce it Monday morning? Fuck knows how true but we punted Gio on a Monday morning so maybe something in it.

Hopefully it's true mate. 

But still wouldn't be surprised if he's still in the dugout come Thursday.