Previous Rangers striker statistics.

beararse

4 hours ago, beararse said:

so career goal scoring stats for a striker has no relevance?

A total dud who happens to have a better goal return than every striker that’s played for Rangers this century!

He's nearly 29 and has 115 goals. That's his goal return.

Using goals per 90 is exactly the kind of stat that Beale would have used to justify buying him and look where it got him.

8 hours ago, beararse said:

The 272 you mention is for his time at Rangers so far.

The 139 mins per goal I quoted Is over his career

Based on these stats the OP maybe has a point and ties in to what we've seen so far. He has looked pish with us but the 272 stat backs this up. The 139 stat gives us slim hope that there might be a player in there that we've just not seen yet.

Better players than Dessers have completely turned their careers round with us after a poor start.

5 hours ago, beararse said:

A total dud who happens to have a better goal return than every striker that’s played for Rangers this century!

Compare their numbers at Rangers, and see how they stack up. 

5 hours ago, beararse said:

Football is and always has been a “what have you done for my lately business” and good stats across his career or not, Dessers has been absolutely rotten for us and that’s all people are ultimately going to care about or judge him on.

Stats are only ever as relevant as the way you choose to interpret them or spin them to suit whatever your argument is. What’s his record like specifically for Rangers compared to every striker that’s played for Rangers this century?

10 hours ago, beararse said:

Career stats. Not club stats.

The 272 you mention is for his time at Rangers so far.

The 139 mins per goal I quoted Is over his career (as is all the others I mentioned)and  he has the best minutes per goal average than all those players we thought were great.

Mate come on.

Stats at the same club , playing in the same competitions is one thing. You also need a reasonable sample size. Career stats is entirely another when comparing forwards at one club.

If we signed the best striker in a lower league over a decade and put him in a Rangers top does that his record make him better than all those other Rangers players listed?

50 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Football is and always has been a “what have you done for my lately business” and good stats across his career or not, Dessers has been absolutely rotten for us and that’s all people are ultimately going to care about or judge him on.

Stats are only ever as relevant as the way you choose to interpret them or spin them to suit whatever your argument is. What’s his record like specifically for Rangers compared to every striker that’s played for Rangers this century?

I’ll give him to the winter break at Rangers before doing that. Need a decent sample size to mitigate settling in/playing under a retarded manager.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate come on.

Stats at the same club , playing in the same competitions is one thing. You also need a reasonable sample size. Career stats is entirely another when comparing forwards at one club.

If we signed the best striker in a lower league over a decade and put him in a Rangers top does that his record make him better than all those other Rangers players listed?

I was going to use 25 goal Tommy Goss at Annan as an example but can’t be arsed now. 😂 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Completely pointless comparing the career stats of players who have played in different quality leagues, such as Defoe who played vast majority of his career in the Premier League, Jelavic who played 6 seasons in the Prem, etc etc

Okay.

Restrict it to a straight shoot out between Dessers and Morelos who has only played on Finland and Scotland (I’m not introducing his South American stats but they actually have anegative impact on his averages).

Over the span of their careers Dessers marginally pips Morelos.

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Okay.

Restrict it to a straight shoot out between Dessers and Morelos who has only played on Finland and Scotland (I’m not introducing his South American stats but they actually have anegative impact on his averages).

Well you're saying this to the guy who criticised Morelos for 3 straight years that he was no longer good enough to lead our line. So to me you're just saying one guy who isn't good enough is better than another guy who wasn't good enough.

Compare to Morelos' first 3 seasons at Rangers when he was actually an impressive standard and I would assume he wins. 

Honestly, what does Dessers' goal scoring record in the Eredivise and 2nd tier from 6 years ago even matter? He has been terrible for us. 

He has had 3 good seasons in his career, one of which was only in 13 games in the 3rd tier Europe competition and another was in the 2nd tier. 

Morelos also offered a lot outside of the goals (for the most part), Dessers has not done that at all here either. 

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate come on.

See if Dessers had played in a lower league for 10 years you’d have a point but he’s played in top league football his entire career bar one season, when he played for NAC Breda.

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

Okay.

Morelos is 2 years younger and has scored 176 goals to Dessers 115. It's not even close.

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Morelos is 2 years younger and has scored 176 goals to Dessers 115. 

The extra 8,568 minutes playing time probably helped in that regard (as well as not playing in the top Eredivisie or Seria A), hence why you go with goal scoring averages when comparing strikers 

18 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Well you're saying this to the guy who criticised Morelos for 3 straight years that he was no longer good enough to lead our line. So to me you're just saying one guy who isn't good enough is better than another guy who wasn't good enough.

Compare to Morelos' first 3 seasons at Rangers when he was actually an impressive standard and I would assume he wins. 

Honestly, what does Dessers' goal scoring record in the Eredivise and 2nd tier from 6 years ago even matter? He has been terrible for us. 

He has had 3 good seasons in his career, one of which was only in 13 games in the 3rd tier Europe competition and another was in the 2nd tier. 

Morelos also offered a lot outside of the goals (for the most part), Dessers has not done that at all here either. 

If were are cherry picking  Morleos best average it's season 19/20 where he netted every 114.34 mins If we pick Dessers best season in top flight Dutch football he has an average of a goal every 102.49 mins. 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

If were are cherry picking  Morleos best average it's season 19/20 where he netted every 114.34 mins If we pick Dessers best season in top flight Dutch football he has an average of a goal every 102.49 mins. 

It's not cherry picking. If we're trying to argue that Dessers is good enough by comparing to previous strikers then we should be comparing him to a standard which is actually considered to be good enough to be our main striker, which universally Morelos' last couple seasons weren't, so it's not achieving anything to compare to Morelos when Morelos was shit for us.

Are we missing the point where I also said Dessers has had 3 good season out of 11? So you've picked one of those good ones, great. 

Why not phrase the question like this and put it back to you then, would you pick Dessers up front over any of the other strikers you named when they were at their peaks for us?

38 minutes ago, beararse said:

See if Dessers had played in a lower league for 10 years you’d have a point but he’s played in top league football his entire career bar one season, when he played for NAC Breda.

He scored a third of his career total goals with Breda. In the second division.  

argument lost imo

Just now, beararse said:

The extra 8,568 minutes playing time probably helped in that regard (as well as not playing in the top Eredivisie or Seria A), hence why you go with goal scoring averages when comparing strikers 

Why has he played less football despite being older? Injury problems or not fancied by managers at the 8 clubs he's been at? Him having played that much less is not in any way mitigating his lack of goals.

Only you compare averages. Good strikers are judged on the number of goals they score. The golden boot doesn't get awarded to the best goals per 90 minute striker.

If you compare all the players listed in the OP’s goals to minutes ratio for Rangers (which isn’t fair in itself because Dessers sample size is the smallest) then, to the surprise of nobody, Dessers has the worst.

Just proves what I always say, stats can pretty much be skewed however you want them to be to suit whatever narrative it is you are trying to push.

12 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

We’ve all got eyes, he’s pish. Update this thread with the minutes per goal average at the end of the season and we’ll see how good he is compared to the others then.

We said the same thing about McCoist and Hately. But, back then we had a bit more patience. Give the lad time and then judge him.