Opinion peace...

Kingbilly1872

By Dan Plumley

7th Nov, 2023 | 8:10am

Points deduction verdict emerges after Rangers developments - Finance Guru

We’re delighted to welcome football finance expert Dr Daniel Plumley as our exclusive columnist. Each week he’ll be giving his views on the biggest talking points at Rangers...

Dan Plumley has insisted that future fines or points deductions could be on the cards at Rangers if fans continue to break the rules after delaying the game against Dundee.

X

No club has ever been sanctioned for such incidents, with the Scottish FA deciding against it once again after the 5-0 win at Dens Park last week.

The finance expert admitted that the English FA have clamped down on fan behaviour quickly, with the Scottish FA backed to follow soon, as the only way to stop these things is to hit the clubs where it hurts.

“I think that is the ultimate end game with these things, a sanction,” he exclusively told Ibrox News.

“In England, the FA have been pretty sharp to clamp down on things, a lot of was around pitch invasions, especially in big games towards the end of the season.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Subscribe

“You’ve seen fines handed out and it’s pretty standard, if you’re going to run the risk of doing that, then you run the risk of the financial penalty.

“Ultimately, that is not great for the club, of course, the fans want to express themselves in certain ways but it can cost the club money, and we have seen examples of that in England where that has been the case.

“You would expect a similar narrative in Scotland to start taking place if these things continue because ultimately, the only way you stop them is you hit the club where it hurts and that either means fines or point deductions.

“We’ve seen fines to date, but you can see the way the sanctions can start to go. I get the sense if it carries on, it’s only a matter of time before Scottish football brings in sanctions as well.”

In other Rangers news, Plumley has insisted that the club can argue they have missed out after a £900m+ deal was signed off

Related Articles

Injury Expert issues Borna Barisic update ahead of Rangers v Hearts

Follow us on:

Never going to happen as it would set a heavy precedent, but in saying that, if this were to happen, it would be our club. 

Dunno what Rangers were supposed to do to stop a load of people up in Dundee from setting off a fire alarm. Surely that's a Dundee problem???

No?

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Why is a ‘finance expert’ any more qualified than me on whether a football governing body would seek to deduct points for actions of supporters? 

Aye, it should have at least have what punishment exactly is, or at least have a go at it. Dunno why they needed a finance expert to not prove what the title says...

It's a load of shite, but it is off of SKY, so it's not some Diddy website but it's a talking shite site. 

22 minutes ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

By Dan Plumley

7th Nov, 2023 | 8:10am

Points deduction verdict emerges after Rangers developments - Finance Guru

We’re delighted to welcome football finance expert Dr Daniel Plumley as our exclusive columnist. Each week he’ll be giving his views on the biggest talking points at Rangers...

Dan Plumley has insisted that future fines or points deductions could be on the cards at Rangers if fans continue to break the rules after delaying the game against Dundee.

X

No club has ever been sanctioned for such incidents, with the Scottish FA deciding against it once again after the 5-0 win at Dens Park last week.

The finance expert admitted that the English FA have clamped down on fan behaviour quickly, with the Scottish FA backed to follow soon, as the only way to stop these things is to hit the clubs where it hurts.

“I think that is the ultimate end game with these things, a sanction,” he exclusively told Ibrox News.

“In England, the FA have been pretty sharp to clamp down on things, a lot of was around pitch invasions, especially in big games towards the end of the season.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Subscribe

“You’ve seen fines handed out and it’s pretty standard, if you’re going to run the risk of doing that, then you run the risk of the financial penalty.

“Ultimately, that is not great for the club, of course, the fans want to express themselves in certain ways but it can cost the club money, and we have seen examples of that in England where that has been the case.

“You would expect a similar narrative in Scotland to start taking place if these things continue because ultimately, the only way you stop them is you hit the club where it hurts and that either means fines or point deductions.

“We’ve seen fines to date, but you can see the way the sanctions can start to go. I get the sense if it carries on, it’s only a matter of time before Scottish football brings in sanctions as well.”

In other Rangers news, Plumley has insisted that the club can argue they have missed out after a £900m+ deal was signed off

Related Articles

Injury Expert issues Borna Barisic update ahead of Rangers v Hearts

Follow us on:

“KingBilly1872” :lol:

Absolutely reeking.  

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

“KingBilly1872” :lol:

Absolutely reeking.  

Plenty of people know who I am. I made this profile years ago and somehow ended up signing into this rather than the profile I have used for a decade at least. Can't remember my password for my profile and don't know what email I used for it other than it being one I haven't used in a long long time. 

I agree, the name is ridiculous.  Am no one of the nappy rippers though 👍

32 minutes ago, Kingbilly1872 said:

Anyone know what this is about and why this si called Finance expert wasn't talking about it???

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Could we have peace in our time, or is King William's article a piece of shite? 

I blame the schools!

So do I. My English teacher got us to watch a film to write a book report about it 🙃 🤣🤣

Not even joking. Fucking Catholic school, at least I never got arse raped. 

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

Not a typo 

Aye, my opinion is Peace if you want to get into it. Peace in the middle east (whose teams get to play in European football for some reason 😆

And Peace in Ukraine and anywhere else in the world where cunts are killing each other for reasons I'm sure most wouldn't agree with if they were told the truth. 

Our country is knee deep in the shite the world has had to go through I'm the last 100+ years. 

This is supposed to be about football though. 

What's the £900m shite about?