Todd Cantwell

42 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Every cunt to a man livid with Clement’s tactics.

Cantwell points out it’s the only reason he’s away and yet there’s still some criticising him for it :lol:

Surprised you got Cantwell’s cock out your hands long enough to type this tbh. 

1 hour ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

The latest prick to come here expecting to stroll it, only to find out he’s actually just shite. 
Juninho Bacuna 2.0 

waste of talent imo

😂

Of all the players to tarnish with that brush, you've picked a right fucking strange one.

25 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Other than 1 or 2 games where he played (and got hooked) playing on the right, what exactly is the positional or tactical difference between now and when Beale signed him?

I think Beale let him float about and do what he wanted. Clement is much more rigid. 

3 hours ago, WWTC said:

Other than 1 or 2 games where he played (and got hooked) playing on the right, what exactly is the positional or tactical difference between now and when Beale signed him?

under beale towards the end of gio season, he was scoring goals, making runs from the middle and actually being direct........phil didn't like it, phil did not like that one little bit, i think it was pretty evident that he wasn't willing to follow those god awful tactics we're currently using and saw him as a scapegoat by hooking him.

some won't like it, but unfortunately cantwell is spot on.

5 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

under beale towards the end of gio season, he was scoring goals, making runs from the middle and actually being direct........phil didn't like it, phil did not like that one little bit, i think it was pretty evident that he wasn't willing to follow those god awful tactics we're currently using and saw him as a scapegoat by hooking him.

There were always two sides to the Cantwell saga. Cantwell didn't help himself with his cryptic Instagram posts, so the majority sided with Clement.

44 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

And that is where the frustration from. He played well and show flashes of ability but was inconsistent and disappeared in big games. He might have played well under Beale towards the end of season that was over, but he underperformed under the same manager when it mattered. 
I don’t know why think “Phil didn’t like that” because he stopped being direct. He was hooked at halftime in a game where he couldn’t stay in position. He cost us a goal v them at Ibrox doing a pirouette in the centre of the park when we have overloaded their box. There’s no doubt he has talent btw but that doesn’t make him a good football player. He could have easily got his head down and made the manager play him if he wanted to stay at the football club he apparently fell in love with. 

7 hours ago, WWTC said:

And that is where the frustration from. He played well and show flashes of ability but was inconsistent and disappeared in big games. He might have played well under Beale towards the end of season that was over, but he underperformed under the same manager when it mattered
I don’t know why think “Phil didn’t like that” because he stopped being direct. He was hooked at halftime in a game where he couldn’t stay in position. He cost us a goal v them at Ibrox doing a pirouette in the centre of the park when we have overloaded their box. There’s no doubt he has talent btw but that doesn’t make him a good football player. He could have easily got his head down and made the manager play him if he wanted to stay at the football club he apparently fell in love with. 

A poor performance in Clement’s first OF, where his job was to focus on man marking McGregor instead of what he’s good at, has been allowed to grow into he disappeared in every big game.

Good in the LC final, very good in the SC semi, one of our better players in the SC final. There were a number of ‘big’ games he turned up in to keep Clement’s initial run going, Hibs and Aberdeen etc.

There are plenty of valid criticisms but his time here has become warped by many.

He lost the ball in the final third btw.

5 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

A poor performance in Clement’s first OF, where his job was to focus on man marking McGregor instead of what he’s good at, has been allowed to grow into he disappeared in every big game.

Good in the LC final, very good in the SC semi, one of our better players in the SC final. There were a number of ‘big’ games he turned up in to keep Clement’s initial run going, Hibs and Aberdeen etc.

There are plenty of valid criticisms but his time here has become warped by many.

He lost the ball in the final third btw.

Big games include important ones against lesser opposition that you simply have to win in, and he let himself down badly in several of those mate. His antics towards the tail end of the season were embarrassing and his performances weren’t much better. 

fair enough, in the middle of the  final third with an overload. 

As I said my frustrations with him are more that he showed he had ability, but he didn’t do that regularly enough and for me he disappeared when it mattered and literally vanished when the going got tough. Nothing worse than a watching a wasted talent.