Welcome to Rangers, Oscar Cortes

Broxi

56 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Long term injuries to our best players has just become the norm for Rangers. Big Phil is going to try his best to analyse and attempt to rectify this he has said before I believe.

I think that a lot of it this year is due to players not getting their fitness high enough in pre season. Then we had players getting thrown in with little or any game time and expected to play every game themselves. 

Of course we have still had some bad luck but I do believe that a good pre season can and will reduce injuries throughout the season. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

If I was Lens, the last thing I'd want for my currently injured player would be to send him back to a league where there are several shite artificial surfaces to play on. 

Hope you’re wrong and that Lens also don't realise that hammer throwers are allowed to kick lumps out of anyone wearing a Rangers strip.

40 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

I think that a lot of it this year is due to players not getting their fitness high enough in pre season. Then we had players getting thrown in with little or any game time and expected to play every game themselves. 

Of course we have still had some bad luck but I do believe that a good pre season can and will reduce injuries throughout the season. 

Well fuck knows, but hopefully Clement and his team are all over this and get it sorted somehow.

17 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Basically what I'm waiting for. The fitness levels since Gerrard left have dropped dramatically and we need to get that back.

I get the impression there's only so much they can do fitness and conditioning wise mid season. 

Will be good to see what Clement does with a proper pre-season, see what the levels are like next season.

30 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I get the impression there's only so much they can do fitness and conditioning wise mid season. 

Will be good to see what Clement does with a proper pre-season, see what the levels are like next season.

You can push the players in pre season until they are exhausted to build up fitness levels and stamina. Then when the season starts all you are doing is maintaining it. Playing twice a week would go a long way towards doing that and leave players doing that not needing fitness training. Squad players would obviously have a different programme to keep their fitness levels up. Maintaining a level of fitness is a lot easier than gaining fitness in my opinion anyway.