Welcome to Rangers, Oscar Cortes

Broxi

17 minutes ago, ayro said:

Big blow that he’s out for the season which shows how well he had settled in.

Interesting to see if we still sign him in the summer once he’s completed his rehab.

I’m torn on what I think should happen here. He seemed like he was going to be a great signing for us but I hate the idea of signing another player that could now start frequently breaking down 

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Do Killie suffer many injuries themselves from it? Genuine question btw

No idea, but I'm sure since coming back to the top flight we've had at least three major injuries from it? Waghorn, Jamie Murphy and Cortes

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m torn on what I think should happen here. He seemed like he was going to be a great signing for us but I hate the idea of signing another player that could now start frequently breaking down 

Yeah especially given his position if there’s any longer term problems or does it change the potential fee agreed with Lens.

Hopefully it’s just our scar tissue that’s the problem and he’s back with no issue in the summer.

2 hours ago, chris182 said:

No idea, but I'm sure since coming back to the top flight we've had at least three major injuries from it? Waghorn, Jamie Murphy and Cortes

Blaming the pitch is a bit of a stretch.....we've had our fair share of long term injuries from grass parks....injuries are part & parcel of the game, it just feels the last couple of seasons have been worse than ever

Disappointing but expected. Massive upgrade to what we had so the pleasing thing is around the type of player the management team want to identify,  time will tell now if he’s signed permanently or not and whether the injury plays any part in the decision making.  Total bad luck. 

21 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Blaming the pitch is a bit of a stretch.....we've had our fair share of long term injuries from grass parks....injuries are part & parcel of the game, it just feels the last couple of seasons have been worse than ever

Three injuries in eight years whilst not desirable doesn't really prove much tbh. That said football should be played on grass.

4 hours ago, chris182 said:

Templeton as well mate ..... all skilful players who were on and coming onto being valuable for us ..... sickening when this happens and I don't think any of them managed to come back to the form they were producing pre injury.

🇬🇧

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Reasonable compromise would be to ask Lens to extend the loan until next January window, on the same terms as existing arrangements.

If I was Lens, the last thing I'd want for my currently injured player would be to send him back to a league where there are several shite artificial surfaces to play on.