Calling Decisions Out

I can absolutely see why Sterling was sent off but I struggle with why that was a red card and Casey's challenge on McAusland wasn't even a booking or had much of a VAR review.

Although VAR did at least think the referee might want to look again. 

21 hours ago, B1872 said:

It’s pretty clear we are referee’d differently. Personally I don’t think the referee’s are cheating but the pressure put on them from the media is getting to the point it’s impossible for them to treat us fairly. We are paying referees £1000 a match, for that amount we can get foreign referees in. 

These stats show we've had the most wrong decisions in the country this year against us.  If this happens, keeps happening, is not acknowledged at appeal stage (Sterling), and we're told to stfu when we as a club complain then it stops being about whether it's cheating or not. It's permitted ongoing bias by authorities and hence corrupt.

Noticed the majority of the people in the media wanting rid of VAR are tarrier fans, ex tarrier players or media that are paid by the scum. Was listening to Heart and Hand there and Edgar brought up the point that in 16 of our penalties this season only 3 were given by the on field referee. 13 of them were given by VAR. This shows that referees are terrified to give us any major decision especially in terms of penalties. Without VAR Rangers may as well chuck it as we’d have a severe disadvantage every season.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Noticed the majority of the people in the media wanting rid of VAR are tarrier fans, ex tarrier players or media that are paid by the scum. Was listening to Heart and Hand there and Edgar brought up the point that in 16 of our penalties this season only 3 were given by the on field referee. 13 of them were given by VAR. This shows that referees are terrified to give us any major decision especially in terms of penalties. Without VAR Rangers may as well chuck it as we’d have a severe disadvantage every season.

That's a horrific stat if true.

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

See when you think about it I can’t remember too many that have been given to us from the referee. The 2 v St Johnstone away, Hearts at Ibrox, sheep away, scum at Ibrox, Kilmarnock at Ibrox. Thats 6 off the top of my head. 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, B1872 said:

See when you think about it I can’t remember too many that have been given to us from the referee. The 2 v St Johnstone away, Hearts at Ibrox, sheep away, scum at Ibrox, Kilmarnock at Ibrox. Thats 6 off the top of my head. 👍🏻

I can definitely see it being true. Some of them haven't even been debatable either. The two against St Johnstone for a start.

24 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I posted on page 20 in this thread that it was 3 / 12 awarded by ref in March, this is a bigger issue than the incorrect decision balancing out exercise last week.

On 05/03/2024 at 10:09, ayro said:

They are pish.

Had a spare 10 minutes from work so did a review.

We have had 12 penalties in the league this season, only 3 of them were given initially by the ref.

Those 12 penalties were awarded as follows.

McDermid 2 VAR

Muir 2 1 VAR

Clancy 2 VAR

Walsh 2 VAR

McLean 2 1 VAR

Beaton 2 1 VAR

It’s now 3 out of 15 with the latest ones being;

Hibs at home Dickinson awarded by VAR.

filth at home Beaton awarded by VAR.

Ross Co away McDermid awarded by VAR.

Part of that stat will be because refs in general seem to purposely not make certain decisions because they know that VAR is there to pick up the slack. It's been happening since VAR came in to the game in Scotland. I would like to know how that compares to other teams in the league. The scum have a similar amount of penalties to us. Does anyone know how many were awarded by the ref on the field before VAR intervened? 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What about the Sunday one?

Knew there was one I was missing 😂

There are cup ones as well, think 3 out of 4 over the two tournaments were given by the ref rather than VAR, Dickinson needed VAR for the home game against Morton.

Weird in the cups that’s 75% ref award but league is 19% with greater volume of decisions.

Stats are all about the optic you wish to view them in.

Equivalent tarrier stats.

14 penalties in league 10 H 4 A 6 awarded by ref 8 by VAR 43% against our 19%.

Beaton 4 pens 3 by VAR

Walsh 3 pens 1 by VAR

McLean 2 pens 1 by VAR

Anderson 1 

Collum 1 by VAR

Irvine 1 by VAR

Robertson 1 

Clancy 1 by VAR

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

They want rid of VAR so that decisions like this still remain in their favour. Given onside until VAR stepped in. 

Pattern of assistance

IMG_8593.png

Unbelievably that wasn’t the worst mistake the officials made that day. Narowcki booted a sheep player on the knee whilst on a yellow card. Steven McLean booked the sheep player. Scum were 1-0 down at that point as well. These things even themselves out apparently!

27 minutes ago, ayro said:

Equivalent tarrier stats.

14 penalties in league 10 H 4 A 6 awarded by ref 8 by VAR 43% against our 19%.

Beaton 4 pens 3 by VAR

Walsh 3 pens 1 by VAR

McLean 2 pens 1 by VAR

Anderson 1 

Collum 1 by VAR

Irvine 1 by VAR

Robertson 1 

Clancy 1 by VAR

I honestly think they’ll try and get rid of VAR in the summer. And like I’ve said it’ll be absolutely brutal for us.

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I honestly think they’ll try and get rid of VAR in the summer. And like I’ve said it’ll be absolutely brutal for us.

Just listened to H&H update and seemingly Doncaster has criticised VAR so wouldn’t be surprised if this is the start of it and the inevitable dog whistle to like minded pundits and journalists.

On 07/05/2024 at 15:12, B1872 said:

Can't see us going back the way.

That would make Scottish football look Mickey mouse.Oh wait 😀