Scottish football TV deal

Until the clubs get rid of Doncaster and the rest of the cabal, and actually get someone who is competent to run our game, it will continue to decline. The only question really is if the damage they do in the meantime is too much to make the game salvageable. 

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Until the clubs get rid of Doncaster and the rest of the cabal, and actually get someone who is competent to run our game, it will continue to decline. The only question really is if the damage they do in the meantime is too much to make the game salvageable. 

The funniest thing I got told about him was that he has a rolling annual contract with a one year notice period so they'd have to stump up over £1m to get rid of him, which none of the other clubs are willing to fund

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Move SPFL games to Saturday night 

Problem solved

Police would never allow it but for 'low risk' games I'm not sure why they don't consider it

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The funniest thing I got told about him was that he has a rolling annual contract with a one year notice period so they'd have to stump up over £1m to get rid of him, which none of the other clubs are willing to fund

Police would never allow it but for 'low risk' games I'm not sure why they don't consider it

The police can fuck off 

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Its worse. Its a two year notice period thats just shy of £1m. It's an absolute shit show.

At some point the clubs are going to have to bite the bullet or accept we'll fade into complete obscurity.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They’ve had us away to Hibs a few times, and Hibs at us, and the Tarriers away to Aberdeen on Friday nights in the last few years tbf. Hibs at Ibrox was first year of the Championship so a fair while ago :lol: 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ve had us away to Hibs a few times, and Hibs at us, and the Tarriers away to Aberdeen on Friday nights in the last few years tbf. Hibs at Ibrox was first year of the Championship so a fair while ago :lol: 

Yeah Friday nights they seem open to (but Scotland seems to be keen to reserve that for Championship games), but not Saturday nights

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yeah Friday nights they seem open to (but Scotland seems to be keen to reserve that for Championship games), but not Saturday nights

Yeah, can remember a couple Saturday nights last season but sure they involved Aberdeen both times for whatever reason. 

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yeah, can remember a couple Saturday nights last season but sure they involved Aberdeen both times for whatever reason. 

They weren't on TV. Sure they got moved to later so the home team could sell the on PPV.

14 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

have seasons run from March to October with a mid summer break for the 12th

Would have a big impact on attendances in the school summer holiday period which is what the hesitation has always been on that I think (plus shifts us completely out of sync with the rest of the leagues in western Europe), but there does need to be some radical thinking behind football in Scotland otherwise it will just wither and die

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Would have a big impact on attendances in the school summer holiday period which is what the hesitation has always been on that I think (plus shifts us completely out of sync with the rest of the leagues in western Europe), but there does need to be some radical thinking behind football in Scotland otherwise it will just wither and die

Rather we had longer winter breaks and shorter summer break like what Denmark do. 

Main thing for me is club owners being far more progressive and not the dinosaurs that they are. Getting rid of the 3pm blackout would be progress.

7 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

SPFL TV is probably the way to go now. Online streaming and a TV channel, would probably be far more beneficial for the clubs being in control of the product. Got six years left to put the infrastructure in place. 

Never going to happen.

Barclays Super League will easily eclipse Scottish football in a few years, I've been saying it on here for a while now.

We can bleat about Doncaster, the TV deal and other things as much as we like but at the end of the day there's far more upside to marketing women's fixtures between Chelsea v Arsenal, Man Utd v Man City, Arsenal v Tottenham, than there is marketing a league based on Rangers v Celtic 4 times a season.

9 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

SPFL TV is probably the way to go now. Online streaming and a TV channel, would probably be far more beneficial for the clubs being in control of the product. Got six years left to put the infrastructure in place. 

It would kill the Scottish game as they couldn't replicate the revenue. 

The SPL clubs would rather hate each other than improve the game. They are too reliant on 4 old firm games too.