Tav's time is up.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Hardly. Propper was unfortunate to slip but an attacker will always get on to a mistake like that first as they can see the game in front of them and it’s easier to run on to.

He lost Maeda at the first goal, never had a clue where he was, like he always does, dress it up however you want but that's the back n front of it.

50 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Not suggesting Tav couldn’t have done better with the goal but that fkn halfwit Matondo is the most culpable all day long.  

I'm annoyed at Matondo for not giving us more up front and his piss poor header but I can't get annoyed at an attacker for hesitating before tracking their right back. Agree it wasn't great but he's not a defender and Tav is. I've watched the goal back a few times now and Tav comfortably takes most of the blame. 

36 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not sure I want him anticipating my CB falling on his arse.

He was ahead of Maeda into the space at the back post and in front of the goal. 

Anyways his legs are done so pointless conversation.

But if you want to lay blame for that goal it has to be Propper

Your post (not this one) made me watch the goal back a few times. Not Propper's fault in the least and mostly on Tav. Propper fell but was nowhere near the ball to give Tav any doubt. Tav has to track Maeda simple as. He looks at him a few times in the build up so is aware of his presence until the crucial moment. Changed the momentum of the game. 

17 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Says it all about Tav that he’s going to challenge one of our own fans calling him out, but hides every time he’s on the pitch. Get him so far to fuck. 

When does he hide on the pitch? Can't track a man and legs have gone but never hides. Bizzare comment. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Your post (not this one) made me watch the goal back a few times. Not Propper's fault in the least and mostly on Tav. Propper fell but was nowhere near the ball to give Tav any doubt. Tav has to track Maeda simple as. He looks at him a few times in the build up so is aware of his presence until the crucial moment. Changed the momentum of the game. 

I see it different. If Propper doesn’t fall the ball can’t end up in that position. It’s an easy clearance. The danger for Tav is Maeda beating him to the back post tap in, which he’s covering and all his momentum is towards goal. Same position Souttar took up.

When you’re defending you have to anticipate where the danger is. The attacker always has the run on you. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think Dio was loping and lazy as fuck, probably thinking Johnston had no chance of cutting the ball back.

Either that or he’s slow as a week in jail or dim as a Toc H lamp…

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It's a nonsense goal. It starts off with Matondo not looking at the throw in, then not tracking Johnston, then Propper slipping, then Tav not tracking Maeda. And, slightly harsh but, a shot straight at Butland that goes through him. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

I see it different. If Propper doesn’t fall the ball can’t end up in that position. The danger for Tav is Maeda beating him to the back post tap in, which he’s covering and all his momentum is towards goal.

When you’re defending you have to anticipate where the danger is. The attacker always has the run on you. 

Pröpper was irrelevant in the goal IMO and shouldn't have put Tav off. Matondo was more relevant but for reasons I've stated I don't think he's no.1 culprit.

An attacker getting a run on a defender is more of an advantage in the air when getting the jump on someone, not so much on the ground. Tav failed to track his man. 

17 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Pröpper was irrelevant in the goal IMO and shouldn't have put Tav off. Matondo was more relevant but for reasons I've stated I don't think he's no.1 culprit.

An attacker getting a run on a defender is more of an advantage in the air when getting the jump on someone, not so much on the ground. Tav failed to track his man. 

How was Propper irrelevant? If he doesn’t slip it’s an easy clearance. There’s no reason for Tav to worry about that scenario. It’s a bit like blaming someone for not picking up a player after a deflection.

If he’d been beaten to a ball across the face of the goal or back post cross folk would be going mad. Just think it’s incredibly harsh blaming him for that. Rest of the game was as we all know. Legs are gone. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

How was Propper irrelevant? If he doesn’t slip it’s an easy clearance. There’s no reason for Tav to worry about that scenario. If he’d been beaten to a ball across the face of the goal or back post cross folk would be going mad. Just think it’s incredibly harsh blaming him for that. Rest of the game was as we all know. Legs are gone. 

Pröpper was irrelevant in Tav's actions. I'm not even convinced Propper would have blocked the cross had he not slipped BTW as all his momentum was taking him towards goal, but even if he could have got to the ball Tav has one job and that's to mark Maeda. I genuinely don't think Pröpper was even a factor the goal. If I'm Tav at 5 a side tomorrow and the guy I'm marking scores that goal I'm blaming myself. 

He's been absolutely shite this season. Barely any attacking threat compared to his previous seasons. A captain who's made a fortune from us by winning the bare minimum (league, LC and SC). Should have been binned years ago as captain after his Hamilton programme debacle and numerous "we'll learn from this!!!!!" platitudes. He's lucky it wasn't more than one guy shouting about him being a loser 

25 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

It's a nonsense goal. It starts off with Matondo not looking at the throw in, then not tracking Johnston, then Propper slipping, then Tav not tracking Maeda. And, slightly harsh but, a shot straight at Butland that goes through him. 

Don’t worry about being harsh on Butland - he’s developing a proper run of form on these things.

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

He's been absolutely shite this season. Barely any attacking threat compared to his previous seasons. A captain who's made a fortune from us by winning the bare minimum (league, LC and SC). Should have been binned years ago as captain after his Hamilton programme debacle and numerous "we'll learn from this!!!!!" platitudes. He's lucky it wasn't more than one guy shouting about him being a loser 

Absolutely cannot get on board with the footballer makes too much money view. They all earn a fortune, not just Tav. 

10 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

How was Propper irrelevant? If he doesn’t slip it’s an easy clearance. There’s no reason for Tav to worry about that scenario. It’s a bit like blaming someone for not picking up a player after a deflection.

If he’d been beaten to a ball across the face of the goal or back post cross folk would be going mad. Just think it’s incredibly harsh blaming him for that. Rest of the game was as we all know. Legs are gone. 

But he WAS beaten by a ball across the face of the goal.

Propper’s slip, while looking awful, is probably irrelevant (it would have been a stretch to reach the cut back), but fact is Tav’s man reacted, Tav didn’t.

As you rightly say, Tav’s legs have gone & he couldn’t keep up.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Don’t worry about being harsh on Butland - he’s developing a proper run of form on these things.

I've never been Butland's biggest fan and I still don't blame him for the opening goal but didn't realise he got a hand to it. Probably should be a stronger hand when you see it but again I'm not blaming Butland here.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've never been Butland's biggest fan and I still don't blame him for the opening goal but didn't realise he got a hand to it. Probably should be a stronger hand when you see it but again I'm not blaming Butland here.

In what universe did that not go through him?

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Absolutely cannot get on board with the footballer makes too much money view. They all earn a fortune, not just Tav. 

Aye they all earn a fortune, too much for the output they're giving imo, but that won't change. Think my problem is Tav is one of our highest earnest and captain and he's been a loser more times than not when it's mattered most 

I absolutely get the frustration, but there is absolutely no need for the personal abuse towards any of the players, especially outwith an actual game. That is going to bring a negative feeling on all the players, if people can't understand that then it's a complete waste of time trying to explain it.

Clement has to take a large chunk of the blame here on Tav, he looks physically and mentally done and yet he still got put in there today knowing fine well what was going to happen.