Tav's time is up.

8 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

He cant defend better though, he's been awful defending all his career and at 32 isnt suddenly going to turn into this defensively sound right back

And this is back to my point about gerrard making him captain, had he not done that, i genuinely think at some point over the years he'd have been moved on and we'd have tried others at penalties and free kicks

Imo we are literally playing tav in the hope we get a penalty or a free kick or that for one fleeting moment he produces something like the cup final goal 

Only issue is these moments will/ becoming less and less but the errors from him are still as costly

You need to calm down mate. 

Your hate for Tav is a bit shit tbh. 

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

You need to calm down mate. 

Your hate for aTav is a bit shit tbh. 

Not just him, the absolute let downs from them all is verging on hatred now, the worst tarrier squad in 3 years with an egotistical doughball for a manager is about to stroll to 3iar because these same fucking shitebags have once again fucked the fans over 

Id gladly never watch 90% of our squad in a rangers strip again

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Not just him, the absolute let downs from them all is verging on hatred now, the worst tarrier squad in 3 years with an egotistical doughball for a manager is about to stroll to 3iar because these same fucking shitebags have once again fucked the fans over 

Id gladly never watch 90% of our squad in a rangers strip again

I feel this. I'm starting to hate the serial losers.

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Id gladly never watch 90% of our squad in a Rangers strip again

Were you saying that when he was banging in the 1st goal against Leipzig? 

Get a fucking grip of yourself. Aye he could be stronger as a captain, but he by far isn't the worst player in our team. 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Get a fucking grip of yourself. Aye he could be stronger as a captain, but he by far isn't the worst player in our team. 

Fuck me you're going back two years now mate, in they two years since then we have won two cups, in that same time the tarriers have won 2 leagues and 2 cups and are heavy favourites to win another league and cup double

In the grand scheme of things, that leipzig goal means fuck all trophy wise

18 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

He cant defend better though, he's been awful defending all his career and at 32 isnt suddenly going to turn into this defensively sound right back

And this is back to my point about gerrard making him captain, had he not done that, i genuinely think at some point over the years he'd have been moved on and we'd have tried others at penalties and free kicks

Imo we are literally playing tav in the hope we get a penalty or a free kick or that for one fleeting moment he produces something like the cup final goal 

Only issue is these moments will/ becoming less and less but the errors from him are still as costly

It’s not really a fleeting moment though.

Excluding penalties he still has 20 goals and assists and that’s playing next to guys like Wright and McCausland for half the season. He’s basically carried our entire right side attack whilst also being part of a defence that’s conceded 3 less goals than celtic.

He’s comfortably the best full back in the country. And probably been one of the best players in the league before the wheels came off.  

There’s legitimate criticisms to be made about his captaincy, lack of leadership, old firm mistake and mentality. But his general play has been very good this year. 

There’s a reason Clement has run him into the ground. Because he sees him as that important to the team.

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Fuck me you're going back two years now mate, in they two years since then we have won two cups, in that same time the tarriers have won 2 leagues and 2 cups and are heavy favourites to win another league and cup double

In the grand scheme of things, that leipzig goal means fuck all trophy wise

So what do you suggest we do about it smart arse? You obviously know better than our manager?! 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

It’s not really a fleeting moment though.

Excluding penalties he still has 20 goals and assists and that’s playing next to guys like Wright and McCausland for half the season. He’s basically carried our entire right side attack whilst also being part of a defence that’s conceded 3 less goals than celtic.

He’s comfortably the best full back in the country. And probably been one of the best players in the league before the wheels came off.  

There’s legitimate criticisms to be made about his captaincy, lack of leadership, old firm mistake. But his general play has been very good this year. 

There’s a reason Clement has run him into the ground. Because he sees him as that important to the team.

It is fleeting moments though, he's played about 50 games this season, yup its a llt of games, and as you say he's had 20 goals and assists

They are the fleeting moments, you barely ever come away from a game thinking he was a 7 or 8 out of 10, he's regularly a 4/10 with one, two at best sparkling moments

Its not just him, far too many in our squad are piss poor too consistently with moments of magic that get us over the line, however they moments dry up too often, especially at this stage of the season

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

So what do you suggest we do about it smart arse? You obviously know better than our manager?! 

Get rid of him and the rest of gerrards era, they have proven to be weak minded and piss poor in the business end of the season

I thought that was obvious 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Tav is officially our best free kick taker.

@Jimfanciesthedude

Close thread now please @admin

I still think Tav has a bit left in the tank (captain or not). 

He'll never flourish now with Goldson nxt to him at RCB. Goldson is done now. He shouldn't be here nxt season. 

But, I'd say thanks to him for the service he's done. But he is done. 

4 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Ancient history.

Colin Stein scored an even more important Euro goal - do you want him back?

Players age out & decline - sad, but true - we all have to deal with it.

3 hours ago, HG5 said:

Ancient history.

Colin Stein scored an even more important Euro goal - do you want him back?

Players age out & decline - sad, but true - we all have to deal with it.

:lol: ffs man