Tav's time is up.

6 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I still think Tav has a bit left in the tank (captain or not). 

He'll never flourish now with Goldson nxt to him at RCB. Goldson is done now. He shouldn't be here nxt season. 

But, I'd say thanks to him for the service he's done. But he is done. 

He's done for us to move forward as a team and club he should be the first out the door this summer

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

Ancient history.

Colin Stein scored an even more important Euro goal - do you want him back?

Players age out & decline - sad, but true - we all have to deal with it.

Without sounding like a broken record, is there not a middle ground?

Tav was unanimously in our top 3 outfield players till probably after the Benfica game.

Agreed he’s ageing and he’s declined massively these last 5-6 matches.
He’s been brutal of late.

So is there not a way we can manage him better next season. Don’t ask the 33year old right back who covers more ground than any other player, to play every minute of every game. 
I’d say the same for Lundstram but I think he’s easier replaced.

19 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

You can argue about Tav not being good enough defensively and his performances dipping significantly from where they were but I’m not having the ‘bottler’ argument.  Time and time again, he has stood up and taken vital penalties for us and pretty well converted them all under the severest of pressure.  He’s no bottler.

Unless a good offer comes in for him over the summer, it would be stupid not to keep Tav (same with Goldson). However, they should be viewed as backup, phasing them out over the next season similar to what we did with Steve Davis.  We know they don’t have that bit extra to get us over the line, we need new blood in there.

His bottle isn't questioned on his own individual attacking stats and penalties 

it's down to the fact he is captain and has been captain during numerous season collapses and cup exits. Is it all down to him ? No . But as captain he's going to take a lot of the flack for these failures .

20 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

You can argue about Tav not being good enough defensively and his performances dipping significantly from where they were but I’m not having the ‘bottler’ argument.  Time and time again, he has stood up and taken vital penalties for us and pretty well converted them all under the severest of pressure.  He’s no bottler.

Unless a good offer comes in for him over the summer, it would be stupid not to keep Tav (same with Goldson). However, they should be viewed as backup, phasing them out over the next season similar to what we did with Steve Davis.  We know they don’t have that bit extra to get us over the line, we need new blood in there.

Of course he's a bottler, to even deny that he crumbles under pressure is a mental take

6 hours ago, RFC55 said:

:lol: ffs man 

😂

Well, digging up stuff from what is now a good while ago!!

We seem to have forgotten Richard Gough’s words about being only as good as your last tackle.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

😂

Well, digging up stuff from what is now a good while ago!!

We seem to have forgotten Richard Gough’s words about being only as good as your last tackle.

Aye sure thing mate 

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Tav was unanimously in our top 3 outfield players till probably after the Benfica game.

So is there not a way we can manage him better next season. Don’t ask the 33year old right back who covers more ground than any other player, to play every minute of every game. 

Hadn’t seen your post when I replied to @RFC55, but I was going to add pretty much this.

It’s about managing it to get the best out of him.

I’m not saying he’s done, but we all reach  a stage when tail-offs begin & folk need to remember he’s not 25 any more.

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

You could do that if tav was a decent defender, but he isn't 

We literally have to focus on his attacking attributes and cover his defensive failings, and as many have rightly pointed out his attacking attributes are fading, 

Someone tweeted it today, we have a right back that needs his centre half to cover him because he isn't good defensively, and we have a right sided centre half who needs a competent defensive right back to stop him being dragged out of the central position

We have neither and its been a problem for years once teams start utilising our weaknesses

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

You could do that if tav was a decent defender, but he isn't 

We literally have to focus on his attacking attributes and cover his defensive failings, and as many have rightly pointed out his attacking attributes are fading, 

Someone tweeted it today, we have a right back that needs his centre half to cover him because he isn't good defensively, and we have a right sided centre half who needs a competent defensive right back to stop him being dragged out of the central position

We have neither and its been a problem for years once teams start utilising our weaknesses

I’d counter that by saying Tav isn’t bad when he’s fresh. He has enough pace to get him out of trouble (as never been particularly strong positionally).

End of the season when he’s spent. He doesn’t have the pace to bail him out. And that half second he’s off it we get punished 

5 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I’d counter that by saying Tav isn’t bad when he’s fresh. He has enough pace to get him out of trouble (as never been particularly strong positionally).

End of the season when he’s spent. He doesn’t have the pace to bail him out. And that half second he’s off it we get punished 

Pace and Tav don't belong in the same sentence, unless it includes lack off.

40 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

But the issue is you want to use him sparingly, which means we see him less to utilise his decent attacking attributes (set pieces etc as well) but while using him sparingly, we still play (sparingly) a right back who's worst qualities are his defensive qualities 

Thats just leaving us wide open to having more problems again in defence 

The only way i can see us keeping tav is to go 3 at the back and taking the pressure of the centre half having to cover him, would also take the pressure off the midfielders covering him as well if needed 

We stick to a 4 man backline tav and goldson need replaced now

22 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

But the issue is you want to use him sparingly, which means we see him less to utilise his decent attacking attributes (set pieces etc as well) but while using him sparingly, we still play (sparingly) a right back who's worst qualities are his defensive qualities 

Thats just leaving us wide open to having more problems again in defence 

The only way i can see us keeping tav is to go 3 at the back and taking the pressure of the centre half having to cover him, would also take the pressure off the midfielders covering him as well if needed 

We stick to a 4 man backline tav and goldson need replaced now

Nah I just wouldn’t ask him to play 4,500 minutes. Maybe something closer to the 3,000 that celtic’s full backs have played.

That way he can maintain his level over a full season.

Would also not have him on corners

40 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Nah I just wouldn’t ask him to play 4,500 minutes. Maybe something closer to the 3,000 that celtic’s full backs have played.

That way he can maintain his level over a full season.

Would also not have him on corners

Okay so you take 1500mins off him, thats 17 games worth roughly, 

What 17 games this season do we not play him in, remember he is our only penalty and free kick taker apparently so we'll lose they goals if we remove him from 17 games 

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Okay so you take 1500mins off him, thats 17 games worth roughly, 

What 17 games this season do we not play him in, remember he is our only penalty and free kick taker apparently so we'll lose they goals if we remove him from 17 games 

No-one else ever gets a chance at pens or free-kicks, we might have a few that are even more capable

11 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

No-one else ever gets a chance at pens or free-kicks, we might have a few that are even more capable

I can’t believe that Clement doesn’t know what other players in the squad may be good at free kicks. If it’s not an area he’s looked at, he’s not doing his job right. If he has and there are others who are better in training, but aren’t getting a chance in a game, he’s not doing his job right.

35 minutes ago, left winger said:

I can’t believe that Clement doesn’t know what other players in the squad may be good at free kicks. If it’s not an area he’s looked at, he’s not doing his job right. If he has and there are others who are better in training, but aren’t getting a chance in a game, he’s not doing his job right.

Or throw ins or corners 

I said it earlier it’s not just Clement, try every manager since Tav arrived 

That’s a lot of managers who haven’t tried something different 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Or throw ins or corners 

I said it earlier it’s not just Clement, try every manager since Tav arrived 

That’s a lot of managers who haven’t tried something different 

It kills any intensity. You see they cunts across the city. The ball goes out, their ball boys throw it to the nearest player and they take a quick throw in. 

Time we've dicked about waiting on Tav every cunt is marked, and the opposition have got back into shape. 

28 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It kills any intensity. You see they cunts across the city. The ball goes out, their ball boys throw it to the nearest player and they take a quick throw in. 

Time we've dicked about waiting on Tav every cunt is marked, and the opposition have got back into shape. 

Even our “ball boys/girls” need their arse kicked. How many times have you seen two balls on the pitch at ibrox - fucking up our rhythm. 

such an easy fix

7 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Look mate. Sorry but I have to ask why the fuck we need to 

1. Make changes elsewhere in the team to cater for tavs loss of ability.

2. Risk further trophy loss as a result of point  1. 

We are Rangers and no player is bigger than our club. You seem to infer tav is.

46 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Look mate. Sorry but I have to ask why the fuck we need to 

1. Make changes elsewhere in the team to cater for tavs loss of ability.

2. Risk further trophy loss as a result of point  1. 

We are Rangers and no player is bigger than our club. You seem to infer tav is.

Tbf I think as a club we’ve done terribly at moving on older players who are slowing down.

Looking at how much younger the Sheep’s team was today than ours. It’s crap planning and squad management by us.

But there’s one or two players in every team that are probably good enough that they’re worth keeping.

And I think a better managed Tav is still a good player. But appreciate I’m in the minority on that one.

Not reinventing the wheel here. Most clubs that compete in 4 competitions and go deep in them rotate their squad and key players.

No need for him to be playing Dumbarton and Ayr Utd

10 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Tbf I think as a club we’ve done terribly at moving on older players who are slowing down.

Looking at how much younger the Sheep’s team was today than ours. It’s crap planning and squad management by us.

But there’s one or two players in every team that are probably good enough that they’re worth keeping.

And I think a better managed Tav is still a good player. But appreciate I’m in the minority on that one.

Not reinventing the wheel here. Most clubs that compete in 4 competitions and go deep in them rotate their squad and key players.

No need for him to be playing Dumbarton and Ayr Utd

So again I ask. Why make allowances just for tav and not other past it players? Why invite enforced squad rotation decisions on our manager. 

Also, you seem to assume he is even good enough/strong spined enough for pressure keg games like against them.

He is not.

Like previous players such as boyd, ferguson etc he will be moved on and we will be glad.

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So again I ask. Why make allowances just for tav and not other past it players? Why invite enforced squad rotation decisions on our manager. 

Also, you seem to assume he is even good enough/strong spined enough for pressure keg games like against them.

He is not.

Like previous players such as boyd, ferguson etc he will be moved on and we will be glad.

You’re saying he’s past it not me. I’m saying he was actually very good up until the last 5-6 matches. Because he’s been run into the ground.