Tav's time is up.

6 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

We haven't managed to undo it using 4 managers, 

Cause gerrard dug us into a hole by making him captain 

Take him off penalties, off free kicks and set pieces, his numbers then, coupled with his absolutely terrible mentality and complete inability to defend properly make him very easy to remove

On 18/04/2024 at 01:10, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Feel sorry for him. Great position to really cement himself as a legend with a treble and he’s been a big contributor to fucking it.

Feel sorry fuck all :lol:

We're the ones that have been suffering for years and they cunts genuinely don't give a fuck. 

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Feel sorry fuck all :lol:

We're the ones that have been suffering for years and they cunts genuinely don't give a fuck. 

Been an ‘unreal player for us’ says the poster above you.

Don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel sorry for someone who has been an unreal player and great servant for losing an opportunity to finish his career or captaincy with a treble.

22 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Why would we take him off penalties when he scores a ridiculous high percentage of them? Free kicks he's the best we have and has scored some screamers in high pressure games too.

He is dog shit at corners and defending yes but people are rewriting history here to suit agendas.

His time is up aye but he's been a unreal player for us. 

Taking Tav off off penalties and free kicks is an insane suggestion.

There may be a player who can score penalties in the squad, but nobody will be able to match his free kicks. The only one who comes close is Borna and he has already packed his bags.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

There may be a player who can score penalties in the squad, but nobody will be able to match his free kicks. The only one who comes close is Borna and he has already packed his bags.

I get when he goes we will have another pen taker and they may be just as effective as he is but right now we have no one else. Set play wise our option are grim, it's been Tav and Barasic for so long because no one else has been capable or shown it. 

If he goes at the end if the season we will have to hope a new signing is dangerous at set plays because we don't have anyone currently who could do it.

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Take him off penalties, off free kicks and set pieces, his numbers then, coupled with his absolutely terrible mentality and complete inability to defend properly make him very easy to remove

That's fucking mental 😂

18 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's fucking mental 😂

:lol:

Who would you select as our free kick taker Jim and on what basis?

Some pretty mental takes on here. He’s absolutely done it in big games for us. Just this season we wouldn’t have made it to the Europa league without him. Scored the goal that got us through against Servette.

League cup final winner.

Massive game. (After scoring twice against Hearts in the semi)

Free kick against Killie that got us back into a game we never should have won.

Goal and assist in the 2-1 win to beat hearts. League would have been over right there.

Goal, assist and set up another in 3-0 win against st Mirren.

Incredible assist for Sima in 1-0 win away against Hearts. And goal line clearance

Gots contender that set up win against County

Set up all 3 goals in the later 3-1 win against County

Opens the scoring against Hibs

On top of other goals in losing efforts like Psv and celtic and all the penalties he’s stuck away. 

He’s never in a million years a captain and not a leader. But he was quality for a good chunk of the season. Nonsense to say otherwise. He’s done now though for this season. Ran into the ground. 

At 33 next season maybe Clement looks to move him on. No used to us when he can’t run.

14 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Some pretty mental takes on here. He’s absolutely done it in big games for us. Just this season we wouldn’t have made it to the Europa league without him. Scored the goal that got us through against Servette.

League cup final winner.

Goal and assist in the 2-1 win to beat hearts. League would have been over right there.

Incredible assist for Sima in 1-0 win away against Hearts. And goal line clearance

On top of other goals in losing efforts like Psv and celtic and all the penalties he’s stuck away. 

He’s never in a million years a captain and not a leader. But he was quality for a good chunk of the season. Nonsense to say otherwise. He’s done now though for this season. Ran into the ground. 

At 33 next season maybe Clement looks to move him on. No used to us when he can’t run.

People just choose what they want to see what it comes to Tav. Has there been games where he’s fucked up, 100%, but there’s been loads of games where he’s been the player who has dragged us back into it too.

The worst thing Gerrard ever did was make him captain, not because he’s not a good captain, but because it raised the expectations on him as a Rangers player.

On the whole he’s been an outstanding player for us and has repaid his fee about 100 times over, but it’s time for us to start considering phasing him out.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Why would we take him off penalties when he scores a ridiculous high percentage of them? Free kicks he's the best we have and has scored some screamers in high pressure games too.

He is dog shit at corners and defending yes but people are rewriting history here to suit agendas.

His time is up aye but he's been a unreal player for us. 

Im not saying that, what im saying is that when gerrard made him captain, made him free kick, penalty taker etc, it dug us into a hole that we relied on him too much

Hammer asked why 4 managers haven't been able to undo the reliance on tav, Williamson said it was easy, and tbh it probably is, 

Tav isn't the 90minute mr consistency that we had with someone like papac back in the day, too often he is a 4/10 then produces one moment that propels him, however when that moment doesnt come he looks really really ordinary and a poor right back as we know

Eventually we are going to replace him, someone (wether people will like to admit it or not) will step up and become penalty taker, same with the free kicks, and when that happens we'll see that replacing the fullback side of him is a very easy job to do

Can anyone else in the current squad do them right now, who knows, we wont know as tav is rightly on them the now 

But its not like we are replacing a guy who'll, for 90 mins, be a 7 or an 8 out of 10 consistently 

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Question 

How do you know that theres not another player able to take free kicks? 

Not like anyone else gets to try in games do they

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Question 

Surely you don’t think that we have someone better but Tav just decides he’s taking it because he’s captain?

In the unlikely event that did happen it would make PC a weak manager if he can’t control who takes our set pieces.

Just now, ayro said:

Surely you don’t think that we have someone better but Tav just decides he’s taking it because he’s captain?

In the unlikely event that did happen it would make PC a weak manager if he can’t control who takes our set pieces.

Well his corners are fucking howling yet he still takes them, if the current players are even worse at corners than tav currently is then what the fuck are they doing

22 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Question 

I politely asked you to task a player for free kicks other than Tav.

Your reply is a question.

Who would you choose to take our free kicks given that you said he shouldn't take them.

Who do you recommend?

Anyone in our squad.

Go on....

Any name.....

Nobody.

Awaiting your next tangent.

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Well his corners are fucking howling yet he still takes them, if the current players are even worse at corners than tav currently is then what the fuck are they doing

There was nothing wrong with the corner that he put on Goldson’s head in midweek that he hit straight at the keeper.

PC strikes me as the type of manager that is pretty strict, I don’t see him letting Tav take set pieces for shits n giggles.

If we have someone better than Tav but PC can’t stand up to him then we have the wrong guy in the dug out and he should go before Tav but I don’t think that’s the case, pretty sure you don’t either but you’re just pissed off with Tav specifically and the team in general.

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Who would you choose to take our free kicks given that you said he shouldn't take them.

Who do you recommend?

Anyone in our squad.

Go on....

Any name.....

In the last 6 weeks or so I can remember Cantwell hitting a decent one from the right, Ridvan hitting a few shite ones before he got injured, Borna hitting a few decent ones and Diomande hitting a few shite ones.

The set pieces should be better but to me that’s something they should be working on in training that we don’t get a lot of spare time as we are generally playing every 3 or 4 days, I see it as a pre-season where the hard work is done then it’s fine tuned during the season.

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Who would you choose to take our free kicks?

Who do you recommend?

Anyone in our squad.

Go on....

Any name.....

I dont know, I'll happily admit i dont know

But think about what we are saying, we are literally keeping a player because they are good at set pieces and maybe offer the odd goal from open play

Question, if tav didnt take free kicks and penalties (he does but for talking sake say he didn't get them way back and never got to take them) would you keep playing him? 

8 minutes ago, ayro said:

There was nothing wrong with the corner that he put on Goldson’s head in midweek that he hit straight at the keeper.

PC strikes me as the type of manager that is pretty strict, I don’t see him letting Tav take set pieces for shits n giggles.

If we have someone better than Tav but PC can’t stand up to him then we have the wrong guy in the dug out and he should go before Tav but I don’t think that’s the case, pretty sure you don’t either but you’re just pissed off with Tav specifically and the team in general.

Im pissed off because we are continuing to play players in the blind hope they produce a fleeting moment while being below average for the rest of the game 

Not just tav but a lot of them

Its fucking annoying watching all our players play at a 4/10 in the desperate hope we bag a penalty, or tav hits a wonder free kick, or someone just produces one moment

Its a shite way to set up a team and we have been lumbered with it for years now

49 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Im pissed off because we are continuing to play players in the blind hope they produce a fleeting moment while being below average for the rest of the game 

Not just tav but a lot of them

Its fucking annoying watching all our players play at a 4/10 in the desperate hope we bag a penalty, or tav hits a wonder free kick, or someone just produces one moment

Its a shite way to set up a team and we have been lumbered with it for years now

Yep with you on the majority of that, we just need to get through the next 7 games (hopefully) and see where we are at the end of it, regardless of trophies won or lost I am hopeful that the squad overhaul that we wanted last year will be carried out a bit sharper by PC and Koppen.

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

League cup final winner.

He’s had some excellent highs, particularly in Europe - but against them he crumbles time after time with trophies on the line. 

I dont know, I'll happily admit i dont know

But think about what we are saying, we are literally keeping a player because they are good at set pieces and maybe offer the odd goal from open play

Question, if tav didnt take free kicks and penalties (he does but for talking sake say he didn't get them way back and never got to take them) would you keep playing him? 

That's an honest reply.

So Tav despite his faults  is by far our best free kick taker.

In reply to your question Jim, If Tav didn't take free kicks/penalties he would be a good player who tries really hard. Very rarely gets injured and always gives his all.

I know we have contrasting views about him, but I'd have taken the captaincy off him a while ago.

To elleviate the pressure on him for the good of the team and to allow him the time and space to defend  better.

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That's an honest reply.

So Tav despite his faults  is by far our best free kick taker.

In reply to your question Jim, If Tav didn't take free kicks/penalties he would be a good player who tries really hard. Very rarely gets injured and always gives his all.

I know we have contrasting views about him, but I'd have taken the captaincy off him a while ago.

To elleviate the pressure on him for the good of the team and to allow him the time and space to defend  better.

He cant defend better though, he's been awful defending all his career and at 32 isnt suddenly going to turn into this defensively sound right back

And this is back to my point about gerrard making him captain, had he not done that, i genuinely think at some point over the years he'd have been moved on and we'd have tried others at penalties and free kicks

Imo we are literally playing tav in the hope we get a penalty or a free kick or that for one fleeting moment he produces something like the cup final goal 

Only issue is these moments will/ becoming less and less but the errors from him are still as costly