Tav's time is up.

44 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Better today but still should be saying goodbye in the summer for both parties own good.

Don't agree. Still think he has a lot to offer. Would like to see him have serious competition or even see how he goes in midfield but his numbers on our budget wouldn't be easy to replace.

8 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Very good second half covering when Souttar fucked it! Depends on narrative you’re trying to peddle I suppose. 

I genuinely can’t remember the 2nd half blunder.

He was integral to the opening goal and made a great clearance when Souttar fucked it at 1-0, thought he was solid without being spectacular.

4 minutes ago, ayro said:

I genuinely can’t remember the 2nd half blunder.

He was integral to the opening goal and made a great clearance when Souttar fucked it at 1-0, thought he was solid without being spectacular.

He did slip at one point, harsh to blame him for that.

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

He did slip at one point, harsh to blame him for that.

Is that not when Souttar had been ragdolled again but ultimately didn’t lead to anything?

Just now, ayro said:

Is that not when Souttar had been ragdolled again but ultimately didn’t lead to anything?

Ball did come across from left hand side, Tav slipped more or less in middle of goal, 20 yards out

4 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

He was generally very good today.

Fair enough, but one game in 4 isn’t cutting it, really, is it?

I gather Cantwell’s a superstar again today, as well.

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Good driving forward play, but again defending he is relying on others to bail him out

But with someone in the middle whos better than Goldson, then maybe he has a year or two left here

It may be the case he’s not ‘done’ but - we have a heavy schedule, he plays all the time, he’s not getting any younger and his game time needs managing.

Maybe we need someone who can be groomed (correct sense of the word) to take over, maybe playing the last 20 of matches, or coming in for a start one game in 3 or 4.

But Tav has 2 years on his contract.

Unlikely to get a decent move in the UK, unless some Saudi club pops up, I’d say he’s ours for 2 years and we have to manage him to make the most of it.

1 hour ago, ayro said:

What second half blunder?

It was on a hearts counter attack after Souttar loses the ball out wide that ended up with Delvin getting booked for fouling Balagon.

They attack at pace and roll a ball across the edge of our box.

Tav's there but somehow falls over his own feet and the ball rolls passed him. 

Shocking defending but he wasn't the only one today with schoolboy defending. 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Fair enough, but one game in 4 isn’t cutting it, really, is it?

I gather Cantwell’s a superstar again today, as well.

Hes had a shit spell recently but over the season hes been great.

Always prone to a defensive old firm blunder however which is far from ideal to say the least

7 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Hes had a shit spell recently but over the season hes been great.

Always prone to a defensive old firm blunder however which is far from ideal to say the least

Too important to have shit  spells.

We need to recognise what can happen and cover for it and manage it.

At his age and stage, he’s not getting any better - no shame in that, but I hope we aren’t having this same discussion this time next year.

57 minutes ago, five stars said:

It was on a hearts counter attack after Souttar loses the ball out wide that ended up with Delvin getting booked for fouling Balagon.

They attack at pace and roll a ball across the edge of our box.

Tav's there but somehow falls over his own feet and the ball rolls passed him. 

Shocking defending but he wasn't the only one today with schoolboy defending. 

Think it was deflected out of his path and he stretched to try and get something on it. Was positive when receiving the ball and stopped a certain goal. Decent performance from him.