2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Not taking Chilwell, Mitchell or even Doughty is mad. 

Why go into a tournament with no recognised left back when you plan to play someone at left wing who drifts inside leaving you with no width at all? 

He’s had the answer sitting on the bench looking at him. Bellingham to beside Rice. Foden back to his best position behind Kane and Gordon or Eze for width on the left. 

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

He’s had the answer sitting on the bench looking at him. Bellingham to beside Rice. Foden back to his best position behind Kane and Gordon or Eze for width on the left. 

Yet he’s gone with the same lineup every match (except his 55 minute sub from the first two games happening from the start).

Southgate is a joke and he should have been gone long before this tournament

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yet he’s gone with the same lineup every match (except his 55 minute sub from the first two games happening from the start).

Southgate is a joke and he should have been gone long before this tournament

He made the hugely progressive and attacking choice of bringing in Gallagher for this one. 

I've not watched that many games this tournament but fuck me any time I've seen England it's been excruciatingly boring. 

England look overcoached like a lot of sides today. So slow, rigid and structured there is no movement and no individuality. So focussed on conforming to training ground patterns. Crying out for a Gascoigne type player to just show some flair and find a yard to two and create something. 

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He made the hugely progressive and attacking choice of bringing in Gallagher for this one. 

I've not watched that many games this tournament but fuck me any time I've seen England it's been excruciatingly boring. 

Most of the big teams have been a bore to watch but England particularly bad which is quite an achievement from Southgate’s to take that much individual talent and fuck it up 3 games running.

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Bellingham has played as a 10 this season and had the best season of his career, dropping him back would be a waste. Foden plays across the three for City and played most of his games this season as a RW.

Either drop Saka and play Foden there, or drop Foden.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Bellingham has played as a 10 this season and had the best season of his career, dropping him back would be a waste. Foden plays across the three for City and played most of his games this season as a RW.

I feel like this is something that keeps getting said that I don't think is actually true. 

Bellingham has been playing mostly as a false 9 this season with 2 high wingers either side of him and him as the main focal point. 

That's quite different than playing as a 10 behind a proper striker who you're supposed to create for. 

I think he can do the role but if you want an actual 10 who's going to create then Foden is the better option. 

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

England are so slow and laboured 

You’d think it was a training game. Constantly checking back or choosing the safe sideways pass.  If that is the English mentality knowing they are through why not do what Spain did and change 9 of your first 11. They look miles off a team that was one of the favourites going into the tournament. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Foden is just too good to drop. Bellingham could be just as effective running from deeper imo and could easily play midfield better than Gallagher.