Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s what I said. So Kris Boyd gives an opinion piece to a rag and is all of a sudden “ a mind reader”. 

My interpretation of everything said and done is that he’s here for the long run and understands exactly what needs done.

His actions so far have backed that up  

No, you said Boyd said Clement only had one option, and that was to quit. Boyd didn't say that.

On 17/07/2024 at 15:09, JackAlex93 said:

I'm already scunnered this season and it's not even August yet. We are a complete and utter shambles from top to bottom and it's depressing. I couldn't blame Clement if he was hoping for a way out

I just spoke to a guy at the golf and his first comment was i hear your managers leaving, he said he heard it from his mate who works at Ibrox , hopefully bullshit.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No, you said Boyd said Clement only had one option, and that was to quit. Boyd didn't say that.

“Philippe Clement looks like a man on the brink at Rangers - I fear quitting club could be his only option” says Kris Boyd

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Oh dear. 😂

There's no oh dear about it. You've either misinterpreted or lied about what Boyd has said. He fears he could leave, he fears Clement will see it as his only option, he feels he could be close to leaving.

At no time does he say he only has one option.  Given your doubling down it appears You've opted to lie rather than misinterpret. 

Putting Lammers and Cantwell in the b team isn't messing about at least he isn't really playing with his cards close to his chest. He doesn't see you in his plans see you later. 

Don't have any issues with what Boyd has said. 

This is the reality of life at Rangers under this board.

Happy for people like Boyd to criticise the shambles that we are at the minute. 

And I have no doubts it's crossed Clements mind to walk away. He can not succeed here unless the other mob implodes completely. 

Shocking position to be in.

I had like expectations when we signed a manager who has won 3 leagues in Belgium. I’m genuinely shocked at the lack of style of play we have.

We can’t build up from the back under any sort of pressure and can’t play through a press. And it’s not like we are even solid at the back we are wide open most of the time. 

Seriously concerning. 

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Boyd is a donut, and this kind of daft article highlights exactly the difference between our shambles of a comms strategy and the filths coordinated, targeted one.

Likes of Hartson, Sutton, Wilson, Donnelly and anyone else on their side would never come out with pish like this. 

Boyd's in the media game for Boyd and Boyd only. Which is fine, but you only need to look at how he turned up in the Championship to see the respect he has for the club.

I know I said similar in this thread last week when I was pished which I didn't mean before anyone says anything :lol: 

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Boyd's in the media game for Boyd and Boyd only. Which is fine, but you only need to look at how he turned up in the Championship to see the respect he has for the club.

I know I said similar in this thread last week when I was pished which I didn't mean before anyone says anything :lol: 

People hanging on Boyd’s words need a shake tbh.

Had major concerns over him end of last season. Hoped this season he got a full pre season and implemented a way of playing and worked on shape. Still don't see anything. Ultimately the players he has at his disposal aren't fit for purpose but I still think a style of play or shape should be evident and it's just not.

I think Clement still has some credit in the bank but we need to see movement away from guys like Dessers, Davies and Lawrence who are clearly not good enough for us.  A more robust central defender, more dynamic midfielder and a forward who can hold on to the ball and actually score goals would make a huge difference. 

20 minutes ago, shaka said:

I think Clement still has some credit in the bank but we need to see movement away from guys like Dessers, Davies and Lawrence who are clearly not good enough for us.  A more robust central defender, more dynamic midfielder and a forward who can hold on to the ball and actually score goals would make a huge difference. 

Yeah it's difficult to be too harsh on PC till he can clear ALL the shite. Once that happens he will be fair game.

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Had major concerns over him end of last season. Hoped this season he got a full pre season and implemented a way of playing and worked on shape. Still don't see anything. Ultimately the players he has at his disposal aren't fit for purpose but I still think a style of play or shape should be evident and it's just not.

This guy is not the answer he has no idea how to change a game wont last out the season

3 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Clement has to take some of the blame as well, we look genuinely dreadful with no style of play apparent. He has been here long enough to try and get us actually playing football however we cannot even do the basics right, we have also just made two signings by his admission arent ready for the first team and look at the fucking state of us. If any of the players who come in arent better than what we have currently then we are as well fucking packing it in. Scott Wright, Dessers and Lawrence starting today ffs. Lawrence looked fucked and blowing out his arse after 5 minutes and the guy hardly moves.  

Yet Lawrence appears to be some sort of golden child who is getting plenty of pitch time, suggesting he’s a key man in Phil’s eyes.

Given that Tav is reportedly happy with the terms on offer from Trabzonspor, while only a season away from his testimonial, it must be a pretty good offer from the Turks or he’s had a look at what’s coming down the line & feels he’s better off jumping ship.

The problem being, even if we get the necessary sales and are able to bring in 3 or 4 starters (I know, in my dreams), they won’t get the mythical ‘full preseason’ and the mantra next February will be ‘wait until he’s had a full preseason’.

Rinse, repeat…

And given our recent propensity for buying players who aren’t match fit, who knows how things will pan out.

He wants to play a pressing, direct style. We will have known that when he got the job. The way football is these days it's not on the manager to deliver the players to deliver this. 

No manager could play this style of football successfully with Dessers and Lawrence up front.