Is Clement getting an easy ride?

11 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

With how FFP is there isn't a board who could fund us to the level we all expect. It's why things like NEH and the stadium upgrade are happening as it helps you have more flexibility with regards to It.

A bit of creative accounting as they say 

And let’s not forget that there has actually been decent backing, we just continually waste it on shite players.

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

You really think so? 

Shankland will be like a dog with 10 dicks on heat if we are starting Davies centre back.

Aye, not saying the squad is any better, but they are still better than Hearts

Just now, Cooperson said:

On paper that is true but games come down to key moments. We might dominate midfield and fail to score as we are powderpuff upfront. He might get one chance and batter it home. We have nobody like that in our squad. 

1 minute ago, Cooperson said:

On paper yes in most areas but this squad don't play to there value and paychecks sadly.

Hearts can't be undermined. Yan Dhanda will be crucial to how they play and they have some decent players that are more than capable of causing an upset.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And let’s not forget that there has actually been decent backing, we just continually waste it on shite players.

I don't know about you but with everything the now I've never been so deflated going into a season 

Last season I think he got the maximum out of the players he had available. They are all mostly not good enough for us.

People go on about seeing continuous improvement. 90% of the squad is at the maximum level they will ever play at. 

We’ve got no money to bring anyone decent in and even if we did, Clement can’t go out and identify a player he wants and just sign him. 

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

On paper that is true but games come down to key moments. We might dominate midfield and fail to score as we are powderpuff upfront. He might get one chance and batter it home. We have nobody like that in our squad. 

That to me is the key, the midfield looks a lot better, just need to sort out up front

Who would you take from the team that started under Caixinha in the first SPL game of the 17/18 season, versus yesterday's team? Obviously a different system, but I'd say at least four: Miller, Candeias, Windass, and Wallace over Dessers, Wright, Lawrence, and Jefte. Pretty concerning that our attacking options have got so much weaker compared to such a mediocre side. 

Starting XI against Motherwell: 
Wes Foderingham
Bruno Alves
Fábio Cardoso
Lee Wallace
Lee Hodson
Graham Dorrans
Ryan Jack
Josh Windass
Daniel Candeias
Eduardo Herrera
Kenny Miller

Starting XI against United: 
Butland 
Sterling
Souttar 
Davies 
Jefte 
Diomande 
Barron
Cortes 
Lawrence 
Wright 
Dessers 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Who would you take from the team that started under Caixinha in the first SPL game of the 17/18 season, versus yesterday's team? Obviously a different system, but I'd say at least four: Miller, Candeias, Windass, and Wallace over Dessers, Wright, Lawrence, and Jefte. Pretty concerning that our attacking options have got so much weaker compared to such a mediocre side. 

Starting XI against Motherwell: 
Wes Foderingham
Bruno Alves
Fábio Cardoso
Lee Wallace
Lee Hodson
Graham Dorrans
Ryan Jack
Josh Windass
Daniel Candeias
Eduardo Herrera
Kenny Miller

Starting XI against United: 
Butland 
Sterling
Souttar 
Davies 
Jefte 
Diomande 
Barron
Cortes 
Lawrence 
Wright 
Dessers 

Wallace, Jack, Windass, Candeias and Miller.

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Crazy thing is as bad as Wright is I’d still play him before McCausland or Matondo 

Sorry state of affairs 

Even though it's the front-end of the pitch that's our biggest issue, if those are our choices I'd just drop playing a player in that position and throw on an extra defender or midfielder.

Or goalkeeper, if I could get away with that.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sorry but if Hearts beat us Clement has no hiding place.

No excuses whatsoever for that to happen, our squad is still far better than theirs.

Hearts at home,  couple of new faces and we roll up in a worse state than last season 

We’ll be lucky to scrape a point. 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That squad couldn’t manage that on the final day of last season with the pressure entirely off 

Different squad this time, but still.good enough to beat Hearts imo

I reckon he will be gone by Xmas and we will be in the exact same position next season which doesn’t bear thinking about..

With reference to the OP, I think he got off relatively scot free last year because of the league cup win as though it was some huge achievement. From memory he came in at the semi stage so we had to beat Hearts & Aberdeen - which I would expect us to do 9/10 times, and I’d have expected Beale to win that had he remained in post even though we had some questionable results.  

He did really well putting us in a position to challenge in the league - combination of us having some good results and celtic having a bad run, but it meant nothing in the end, we had the advantage at a couple of points - chucked it against Motherwell, County & Dundee - some unforgivable results. 3 or 4 wins in last 8 or 9 was it? That was/is on him. 

Benfica at home as well, that seemed to be a turning point - we were so flat. 

The biggest concern is the lack of improvement in most players, and the football by in large is dire under him - I don’t know what the plan is or what we are trying to achieve. Results masked this at the start, but I fear for us this season if we don’t get a decent start at Tynecastle. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

The only thing different about this squad since then is the quality has arguably dropped further 

Arguably maybe, midfield is better, just need a proven goalscorer

First Old Firm only four games in and away from home. Dreading that already. Might even be dreading Tynecastle now on recent evidence tbh. 

We should be beating Hearts. Arguably 2-3 of their players make our squad, maybe 1 pushes for a starting spot but there’s no excuse not to there and expect 3 points - if we don’t - that’s on Clement imo. 

I’m not sure we have more than 3 pts after the first 4 games with this team

and be looking for a new manager too 

Results don’t mean much pre season but performance does 

yesterday was poor