Is Clement getting an easy ride?

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

That's all I ever hear about his achievements with fuckin genk every time he fucks something up here he trots out about past teams he has managed. 3 Belgian titles isn't very helpful when he can't even get this crop of players able to pass a ball to each other. 

I could have sworn I saw us win the game today. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I could have sworn I saw us win the game today. 

You did. You seen us get over the line.

You also seen an abject turgid performance which we have seen most of his tenure. You could excuse shite performances if we were collecting points but that's hardly been the case.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The reality is next week we could/should line up like this.

Butland

Tav, Souttar, Propper, Jefte

Barron, Diomande

Cerny, Bajrami, Cortes

Igamane

8 new signings and would then be his team.

There would be no hiding places for him then.

Drop Tav and bring in either Sterling or Kasanwijro and I'd be happy with that.  We're definitely still a work in progress but Clement needs to do more to prove he is the one to complete it. 

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

A win's a win doesn't apply when we don't like the manager.

Winning is all that matters.

However when there's little improvement in play, a distinct lack of style, strange team selections etc then there's an inevitability that you'll soon come a cropper.

We could write the book on this with plenty recent managers.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Winning is all that matters.

However when there's little improvement in play, a distinct lack of style, strange team selections etc then there's an inevitability that you'll soon come a cropper.

We could write the book on this with plenty recent managers.

I disagree. I thought we had some good build up play that should had us 3 or 4 to the good. 

The lack of style is a complaint I still don't quite understand. His style is clearly a direct 4-2-3-1. 

And the team selection is what none if us wanted, yet one of the controversial picks got the winner. 

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I disagree. I thought we had some good build up play that should had us 3 or 4 to the good. 

The lack of style is a complaint I still don't quite understand. His style is clearly a direct 4-2-3-1. 

And the team selection is what none if us wanted, yet one of the controversial picks got the winner. 

We played well for 15 mins today then lost our overall control, possession, impetus and style.

4231 is a tactical formation. It doesn't lend well to us creating the multiple chances we need to score enough goals to have breathing space in games. There's a place for it, but it shouldn't be the only formation. Today we (rightly) ran the ball into the corner, the game was never 100% ours until the final whistle.

Lawrence scored the winner but was poor overall. Like with Dessers other weeks. Maybe it's just me but I prefer players who play well too, with the team improving so that we don't get fucked by better teams with the likes of Dessers and Lawrence being  their usual shite and it costing us.

But by all means be happy with the win and not care about anything else if that's your thing.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We played well for 15 mins today then lost our overall control, possession, impetus and style.

4231 is a tactical formation. It doesn't lend well to us creating the multiple chances we need to score enough goals to have breathing space in games. There's a place for it, but it shouldn't be the only formation. Today we (rightly) ran the ball into the corner, the game was never 100% ours until the final whistle.

Lawrence scored the winner but was poor overall. Like with Dessers other weeks. Maybe it's just me but I prefer players who play well too, with the team improving so that we don't get fucked by better teams with the likes of Dessers and Lawrence being  their usual shite and it costing us.

But by all means be happy with the win and not care about anything else if that's your thing.

I didn't say we dominated the game. I disagreed we didn't have any patters of play. We clearly did in stages without the lions share of the posession.

Mate, that is flat out incorrect. We've created countless chances using 4-2-3-1 and, as much as I like Dessers, we simply haven't had the forward line to make the most of opportunities. I agree he needs more variety and adjustments with his formations. 

I thought he was fine the rest of the game. Not a great game by any means, but I'll take a decent performance and a winning goal. Ideally we have 10/10's all over the park and win 4/5/6-0 every week. Reality needed though, Tannadice is a tough place to go and I'll take the hard fought, rough on the eyes win. 

Last part is just bitchy, passive aggressiveness. Hopefully the team reaches your staunchly high standards. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I didn't say we dominated the game. I disagreed we didn't have any patters of play. We clearly did in stages without the lions share of the posession.

Mate, that is flat out incorrect. We've created countless chances using 4-2-3-1 and, as much as I like Dessers, we simply haven't had the forward line to make the most of opportunities. I agree he needs more variety and adjustments with his formations. 

I thought he was fine the rest of the game. Not a great game by any means, but I'll take a decent performance and a winning goal. Ideally we have 10/10's all over the park and win 4/5/6-0 every week. Reality needed though, Tannadice is a tough place to go and I'll take the hard fought, rough on the eyes win. 

Last part is just bitchy, passive aggressiveness. Hopefully the team reaches your staunchly high standards. 

Define our style of play. One that we see weekly.  

Rangers teams will always create chances over most teams in the league. If you think 4231 helps with that you're deluded.  Their keeper today was hardly busy.

Hard fought? It really wasn't. They were rank rotten we were better but couldn't get a second goal because of poor play outwith 15ish minutes first half, and some missed chances.  

Passive aggressive. Fucking hell 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Define our style of play. One that we see weekly.  

Rangers teams will always create chances over most teams in the league. If you think 4231 helps with that you're deluded.  Their keeper today was hardly busy.

Hard fought? It really wasn't. They were rank rotten we were better but couldn't get a second goal because of poor play outwith 15ish minutes first half, and some missed chances.  

Passive aggressive. Fucking hell 😂😂😂

Again? He plays a direct 4-2-3-1.

You just said we don't create enough chances with this formation and now it's 'Rangers teams will always create chances' therefore contradicting yourself. 

'Hard fought, hard on the eyes win' how else would you describe that today? Dundee United were shite, shitwe've seen plenty of goals against us pop outta nowhere from even the worst teams in the league. 

Well, you were. The implication was that you've some how got higher standards than me for the team, without saying it. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How did we lose overall control of possession when we finished the game with 61% of the ball, no saves needed from butland and at HT united hadnt even had a single attempt on goal 

Second half was a bit closer possession wise but they still never threatened and at no point did you think "fuck a goal is coming for them here" 

I get we don't play well going forward for 90mins,absolutely no argument from me on that, wether it's down to ability mentality or physicality i dont know but theres obviously something there given that when we do show it, we actually look good 

But to say we lost our overall control is unfair on the team imo

Just now, King Jela said:

Again? He plays a direct 4-2-3-1.

You just said we don't create enough chances with this formation and now it's 'Rangers teams will always create chances' therefore contradicting yourself. 

'Hard fought, hard on the eyes win' how else would you describe that today? Dundee United were shite, shitwe've seen plenty of goals against us pop outta nowhere from even the worst teams in the league. 

Well, you were. The implication was that you've some how got higher standards than me for the team, without saying it. 

You've given the tactical formation again, not the style of play.

Yes, like most teams we create chances. Possession dominant and attack minded teams like the scum create most. 4231 isn't a formation geared towards creating loads of chances, more than standard, certainly not with our current personnel.

One where we gave up possession, Co tril and dominance, and became on the while slightly better than a really shite opponent. It was more lacking quality than hard fought.

Dry your eyes petal. Passive aggressive 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

A win's a win doesn't apply when we don't like the manager.

Seems to be. Just like when a player does something wrong it is overlooked if he's popular. And when a player becomes unpopular every chance not scored is apparently an absolute sitter. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Seems to be. Just like when a player does something wrong it is overlooked if he's popular. And when a player becomes unpopular every chance not scored is apparently an absolute sitter. 

I'm pretty much done with Clement after the Old Firm comments, but before the game loads were saying we would drop points, now it's a poor win.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've given the tactical formation again, not the style of play.

Yes, like most teams we create chances. Possession dominant and attack minded teams like the scum create most. 4231 isn't a formation geared towards creating loads of chances, more than standard, certainly not with our current personnel.

One where we gave up possession, Co tril and dominance, and became on the while slightly better than a really shite opponent. It was more lacking quality than hard fought.

Dry your eyes petal. Passive aggressive 😂😂😂

Well describe what you mean by style if play? Playing direct football doesn't count as a style of play as much as possession football does? 

You're just doubling down now. Your first point was that we don't create enough, now it's we do create enough but that's expected 🤷‍♂️ we clearly do create enough, as today showed, and it's lack of quality in the final 3rd letting us down. 

Hard fought and hard on the eyes is how I described. There's nothing about your description that contradicts or even disagrees with my view. They were pish, but always dangerous, we were dangerous but lacking in quality. You're disagreeing over nothing tbh.

Aye, passive aggressive. Pretty common personality fault with a lot of people in the world. You're not alone there. 

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

How did we lose overall control of possession when we finished the game with 61% of the ball, no saves needed from butland and at HT united hadnt even had a single attempt on goal 

Second half was a bit closer possession wise but they still never threatened and at no point did you think "fuck a goal is coming for them here" 

I get we don't play well going forward for 90mins,absolutely no argument from me on that, wether it's down to ability mentality or physicality i dont know but theres obviously something there given that when we do show it, we actually look good 

But to say we lost our overall control is unfair on the team imo

It went from like 80% and completely dominating play to far less.

They never threatened enough due to their lack of quality in the final 3rd but still had dangerous moments like the header a yard wide, the deflection past the post, a cross from the left a yard too far ahead of forwards.

We're not playing well for having had a manager in place for approaching a year. We do show short periods of what we're capable of, too rarely unfortunately.

Our overall control where our possession was over 80% was lost to it becoming far more levelled.

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Actually see that 2nd example with Lawrence in spades today. 

It's like their ego gets in the way of an honest observation or something. Weird.