Is Clement getting an easy ride?

Unless he changes the structure of our play, formation, or just anything, this ends one way; whether it’s this month, October or next summer, he will be gone. Some will buy into the project talk, or we have to avoid repeated managers / rebuilds but only when there is visible progress. As it stands, there isn’t, the football quality is going backwards and perhaps only more pumpings from the other lot, or other teams in the league, will have people finally wake up.

He can sign a new contract all he wants, or we can hear from our hapless board about how he brings leadership, it’s a project, etc. soon as you lose the troops, it’s over. He’s losing / lost some right now. Let’s be honest, the football on show is eye bleeding. Any decent Rangers team would have beaten Hearts yesterday.  If he doesn’t leave, we’ll just be another diddy, cannon-fodder team for the mhanks to beat. It’s not what I want for the club, maybe some just accept second now. 

I look at some of the other teams in our league and can actually recognise they seem well coached, know what they’re supposed to do and their managers will be getting peanuts compared to ours. They just have much poorer quality at their disposal. I have said it repeatedly on here, I don’t know what Clement is trying to do and said the same about Beale this time last year. It can’t go on. 

As for the “project”, we’ve seen cost cutting before but imagine playing Hearts yesterday and they’d bought someone for £1m but he was nowhere near playing against us. What a shit show. 

Apologies for length of my rant! 

5 hours ago, blaudrup said:

My most optimistic guess is that we have a strategy, but we're waiting on the players coming in that can play it. 

If we reach September though, and those players don't come, surely there would need to be a new approach or the prospects are dire.

They all played the way he wanted first few games of last year , picking up results. What's changed?  Barely the squad- Tactics the same, Same staff coaches, Manager.

I posted the tactics and highlights agaisnt the edinburgh clubs in his first games in charge in the Lawrence thread.

They all just dont fancy it now or he has been found out and we are easy to deal with. The 4 2 3 1 isn't the most difficult to break through if all the players are not doing their exact roles.

We don't look dangerous in attack and look very very weak in defence.

Like the team we lined up as in October last year would beat this team we have now..

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Same ones defended Beale to the max.

I was probably last man standing on Beale, but made it clear at the time I wasn’t really defending Beale or backing Beale himself.

More because I didn’t like the idea of either a caretaker or the perpetual pattern we’re now in which I thought was next to inevitable.

And now we’re in it and people are backing Clement for similar reasons (and partly because he has had some success previously and carries himself well).

54 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Gio didn't get a chance to build anything or get any transfer fund of any kind. He got us to a European final and also won a cup...more than Clement has or likely will do.

Gios tenure ended badly and the football was shite but it wasn't near the levels of shite I am watching now. 

If we were going to just give a manager a clean slate and allow a few seasons of pish then it should have been Gio without a doubt and that's coming from someone who wanted him out.

Be careful what you wish for I guess.

Regardless of the opinion on Clement, the same patterns are appearing with Clement as they were with Gio. 

Initial period of joy when he arrived, honeymoon period ends, players revert to natural level, we undermine the manager during the summer 'rebuild', manager can't get anymore out of the players, manager gets sacked. Start the cycle over again.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This is rewriting history in an attempt to defend Clement.

They lost many key players from previous years.

Edouard started away to Hearts and wanted to leave. The likes of Bain, Ralston, Soro, Bitton were starting that day.

Let's not act like he had a squad that only had one poor season. He made numerous changes. In fact only McGregor, Rogic,Turnbull and Taylor featured regularly in our 55 season that played a big part under fatty the next season.

So he got plenty of his own players in that weren’t shite then?

They signed Furuhashi, Giakoumakis, Jota, Juranovic, Hart, Starfeldt, Carter Vickers, Abada, all in the one Summer and they were a postponed game away from getting hammered off us before the Winter Break.

Who have we signed?

Bitton and Forrest both played over 30 games too.

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This is my biggest worry. It's all well and good having an approach you want to play.

But it's not working and repeatedly doing the same thing won't change it. We're getting overrun in midfield with our 2. We're punting long balls forward to a striker that can't hold it up. 

Exactly right mate.

Love to see the stats from us losing possession yesterday and duels lost.. must be unreal.

Passing out of play, ball was in the air for 4 passes in a row at the corner of their box.

Not getting to the buy line.  Inside forwards not switching or Inverting to get close to Dessers. 

10- Lawrence not getting past the CF once.

Lines up a 4 2 3 1 but certainly doesn't play like one.

35 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Clutching at straws but I’ll give it a go

Knock out stages of EL, beating Betis team at home, they hadn’t been beaten there domestically all season.

Won the League Cup

Against the odds challenging in the league, util the usual suspects shat the nest and gave up again, most likely because they knew their time was up.

Better team In the SCF, with the same loser players who had shat the nest in the league, minus Lundstrum who he thankfully left out.

As I said, hardly a glowing highlight reel.

i honestly think the finances of getting rid of him now would cripple us even more, reducing the players we can bring in.

So he got us into a title race but the players fucked it?

Dowell at Ross county away was baffling as were some of his starters in other games.

We are here where we were with Beale, there's no style (see if it's winning football I couldn't give a fuck if we won every game 1 0) but when you're turgid to watch and not winning games it ends one way.

He can't get the plaudits for getting us back into a title race then take no blame for us being out of it.

The Scottish cup final was a shambles of a game with little to no action in it. Both teams were poor but as ever it was us who was on the recieving end and never had the trophy to show for it 

I am all for giving an extended contract to a manger that we really want to keep or stop being poached.

One that has us playing good football,

***That can be both attacking intent or compact and counter attack. 

Main has to be seeing players committed to him and working hard. (Not I wanted him to stay and he left us)

Fans forgive bad results if they can see the team is busting a gut and been unlucky.

Can't forgive disjointed - lackluster - Mistake ridden  with players yo-yoing in and out of favour - or worse leaving then looking to stay. 

Worse when they keep doing the same thing or out of form and don't get dropped.

Be ruthless pick the players for your system irregardless of their stature.

If it's a youth player in due to his workrate and pressing at the expense of the last managers star man so be it.

Own it. 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

So he got plenty of his own players in that weren’t shite then?

They signed Furuhashi, Giakoumakis, Jota, Juranovic, Hart, Starfeldt, Carter Vickers, Abada, all in the one Summer

You've went from stating he didn't inherit shit players to he signed players who were not shit?

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

they were a postponed game away from getting hammered off us before the Winter Break.

100% agree with this, but your missing the key point. Even before he signed better players you could see his style of play. What he was trying to achieve.

Yes he needed better players and lots of luck in that season and especially a disgraceful decision to benefit one club. 

Nobody disputes we need better players, I would only keep a handful. What we correctly expect is to be hard to beat, have a structure and style of play. 

Our players can play better than what we've seen the last 16 or so matches.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

The same posters all the time. They will refuse to accept what's staring in front of them until we are double figures behind in the league and still playing lower leagues brand of football. 

I like to watch what other team managers say about our team.

All say the same...they look to go direct.

Play direct. 

Not one as said yeah he likes to get it down and play, they can hurt you with their play. Good brand of football etc.

We are critical of lower league football and we are playing it, all in the wrong formation with mini wingers and teams who sit back.  Just crazy. 

Go 4 4 2 or 5 3 2 

Keep midfield sold let wing back provide width and have at least 1 striker that can hold up a ball. 

I though we were going big strong player and run over the top of teams....more fool me.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You've went from stating he didn't inherit shit players to he signed players who were not shit?

100% agree with this, but your missing the key point. Even before he signed better players you could see his style of play. What he was trying to achieve.

Yes he needed better players and lots of luck in that season and especially a disgraceful decision to benefit one club. 

Nobody disputes we need better players, I would only keep a handful. What we correctly expect is to be hard to beat, have a structure and style of play. 

Our players can play better than what we've seen the last 16 or so matches.

Aye he got a blank canvas with some good players left behind. 

I don’t think either are comparable, I just dont buy that he got shite players playing to his system. He got players that wanted to stay and fight and his own players playing to his system.

Postecoglou wouldn’t get this team playing to his system, as we don’t even have a 6 and Dessers/Danilo aren’t as good as Furuhashi or Giakoumakis. The less said about our wingers in comparison the better.

28 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Unless he changes the structure of our play, formation, or just anything, this ends one way; whether it’s this month, October or next summer, he will be gone. Some will buy into the project talk, or we have to avoid repeated managers / rebuilds but only when there is visible progress. As it stands, there isn’t, the football quality is going backwards and perhaps only more pumpings from the other lot, or other teams in the league, will have people finally wake up.

He can sign a new contract all he wants, or we can hear from our hapless board about how he brings leadership, it’s a project, etc. soon as you lose the troops, it’s over. He’s losing / lost some right now. Let’s be honest, the football on show is eye bleeding. Any decent Rangers team would have beaten Hearts yesterday.  If he doesn’t leave, we’ll just be another diddy, cannon-fodder team for the mhanks to beat. It’s not what I want for the club, maybe some just accept second now. 

I look at some of the other teams in our league and can actually recognise they seem well coached, know what they’re supposed to do and their managers will be getting peanuts compared to ours. They just have much poorer quality at their disposal. I have said it repeatedly on here, I don’t know what Clement is trying to do and said the same about Beale this time last year. It can’t go on. 

As for the “project”, we’ve seen cost cutting before but imagine playing Hearts yesterday and they’d bought someone for £1m but he was nowhere near playing against us. What a shit show. 

Apologies for length of my rant! 

Well made points, mate, especially with respect to the other teams looking well coached.

Hearts looked to have a far clearer idea of what they were individually and collectively trying to do & arguably made  better attacking use of their 37% possession.

We need to see progress even if the results fall short. I think, as a fan base, if this year we saw some semblance of a decent structure. Improving fitness, young signings coming in where needed. And there’s the bones of a squad to take us forward for the next 4-5 years. 

And we’re just 3-4 positions needing strengthening for next season. Then he’ll be backed.

Haven’t seen much of it so far. And early signs are worrying. But I’m definitely in the camp of giving him time. 

I'll tell you why the gaffer is well out his depth the set up of the team is on him after 10 months we don't have a style we are defensively a car crash. 

we've got a guy Tom Lawrence who keeps getting starts despite being unable to move. 

Scott wright who wouldn't get in hearts first team yet plays for us. 

2 CBs in souttar and Davies who are hopeless and a captain who's legs have gone. 

Yet here we are after 9 signings of a summer rebuild a fucking disaster of a situation and he's calling for patience and time. We've got a day of reckoning on the horizon September 1st.   A Warburton esq tanking awaits 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll tell you why the gaffer is well out his depth the set up of the team is on him after 10 months we don't have a style we are defensively a car crash. 

we've got a guy Tom Lawrence who keeps getting starts despite being unable to move. 

Scott wright who wouldn't get in hearts first team yet plays for us. 

2 CBs in souttar and Davies who are hopeless and a captain who's legs have gone. 

Yet here we are after 9 signings of a summer rebuild a fucking disaster of a situation and he's calling for patience and time. We've got a day of reckoning on the horizon September 1st.   A Warburton esq tanking awaits 

It's pivotal we win the next two games in the league before we play they cunts. Then we just hope for the best unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

don’t think either are comparable, I just dont buy that he got shite players playing to his system

He had Ralston playing decent and scoring key goals and he's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Postecoglou wouldn’t get this team playing to his system, as we don’t even have a 6 and Dessers/Danilo aren’t as good as Furuhashi or Giakoumakis. The less said about our wingers in comparison the better.

I can't agree with this one. I think Fatty went out and signed key players he needed to improve his system.

We spunked £4m on Diomande. Nearly £2m on a project. The scum signed Giomakios and Juranovic for less money.

A big loan fee on Silva, Jefte looks horrendous. 

Clement has spent £10m on three players alone. Only one will turn out a good signing injuries depending.

Anyway sick of talking about that fat cunt and them. At the end of the day some are definitely refusing to give Clement stick when he 100% can get more out of these players and provide a clear style and system.

I will say it again. The system is wrong. You can't play with a 10 when you don't have one. If he can't see that or stubbornly refuses to change the system, then we have a problem.

With Cortés injured again, it's time to go two up top because replacing him with Matondo is just making matters worse.

4-4-2. The old-fashioned way. Play to the players you have.

Also, we deserve answers from Clement about the Igamane situation and Hagi's situation if he is not at training on Monday morning. On that, he is getting an easy ride.