Is Clement getting an easy ride?

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s going to be a rough season I think. I can stomach it if we can see a clear improvement in style of football and he drops idiots like Dessers

He won’t survive bad results if we continue playing the way we are.

Feel like I’ve said this so often today but I have a really bad feeling he rates Dessers and unless Danilo scores 2 or 3 goals in his 15 minute cameos then Dessers will continue to start all our games 

I don't think he does, we just genuinely had no other options last season for the most part.

Before Danilo got injured, he played 349 minutes in the league ahead of Dessers on 262. He rotated them both, but I definitely think Danilo was his preference, however I'd imagine he'd want someone better than both of them up top with Danilo in rotation.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Who's the four managers and what players?

Gerrard, Gio, Beale and Clement.

Barasic, Lundstram, Goldson, Tav, Jack, Wright for a start. Other players that didn't play for all four too.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Gerrard got a tune out of most of them. As did Gio.

Beale is a shit manager.

Gerrard won a league and Gio won a cup. The players still let them down and got Gio sacked.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Gerrard won a league and Gio won a cup. The players still let them down and got Gio sacked.

Gerrard worked with very few of these duds he left nearly 3 years ago

He doesn't seem like he is making a big difference to our team or our play on a match day. A top manager//coach, should be making a difference by now. I haven't seen it in the team on match days, and I am not seeing it in player performance despite all the time he has had in training with them. 

Just now, BookWorm said:

He doesn't seem like he is making a big difference to our team or our play on a match day. A top manager//coach, should be making a difference by now. I haven't seen it in the team on match days, and I am not seeing it in player performance despite all the time he has had in training with them. 

We finished one point worse off than how he took over in October with us in absolute free fall, a poor pre-season saw our squad dropping like flies near the end due to fitness.

I'm not sure you can say he didn't improve us. Any player brought in by him seems to be doing alright, it's time to keep the faith in him to rebuild the squad that's what he did in Belgium before.

No manager would get a real tune out of this shite.

Honest question, we've brought in Clement to do a rebuild and he's been a bit of a victim of his early success now.

What's the point in chopping and changing managers constantly if we're not going to allow them time to bring in their own players?

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We finished one point worse off than how he took over in October with us in absolute free fall, a poor pre-season saw our squad dropping like flies near the end due to fitness.

I'm not sure you can say he didn't improve us. Any player brought in by him seems to be doing alright, it's time to keep the faith in him to rebuild the squad that's what he did in Belgium before.

No manager would get a real tune out of this shite.

Fair response but I feel I am watching game after game where there is a lack of ideas and tactical adaptability, along with constant poor performances from supposed decent players. I am willing him to do well and show something dynamic and creative in games but it never comes. I am fearing the worst for the Hearts game tbh.

Just now, BookWorm said:

Fair response but I feel I am watching game after game where there is a lack of ideas and tactical adaptability, along with constant poor performances from supposed decent players. I am willing him to do well and show something dynamic and creative in games but it never comes. I am fearing the worst for the Hearts game tbh.

Which decent players though? Most of our pre-season decent performances are coming from the guys who Clement has brought in. We knew it would take longer than a couple of windows to get the club in the right place.

We've accused all this squad of players of costing managers their job and now we're blaming another manager who is trying to get the dross out.

I'll worry about Clement and Koppen if we get some decent players on paper in and we still don't perform. For now we're in a holding pattern till more of the dross is gone.

18 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Which decent players though? Most of our pre-season decent performances are coming from the guys who Clement has brought in. We knew it would take longer than a couple of windows to get the club in the right place.

We've accused all this squad of players of costing managers their job and now we're blaming another manager who is trying to get the dross out.

I'll worry about Clement and Koppen if we get some decent players on paper in and we still don't perform. For now we're in a holding pattern till more of the dross is gone.

Yeah it is all about getting better players in and seeing what he can do then , just frustrating to watch the same old dross doing the same old dross.

1 minute ago, BookWorm said:

Yeah it is all about getting better players in and seeing what he can do then , just frustrating to watch the same old dross doing the same old dross.

Mate I'm raging and not looking forward to this season mainly cause of our boards years of ineptitude. I have zero positivity going in to this season until we get some signings in.

I just think as a support we're flying off the handle a bit in looking to blame everyone. Which I can understand cause I'm fucking sick of how we do business.

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Mate I'm raging and not looking forward to this season mainly cause of our boards years of ineptitude. I have zero positivity going in to this season until we get some signings in.

I just think as a support we're flying off the handle a bit in looking to blame everyone. Which I can understand cause I'm fucking sick of how we do business.

Yep that seems to be the consensus amongst the support just now. A lot of frustration boiling up. 

15 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I’ll judge style of play and team selections once we have viable options, and players capable of playing the style and formation he wants.

Fuck me, you've got some amount of patience. 😂

6 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Ironically, I think you'll need more patience if we end of sacking Clement, because we'll just keep cycling managers on a 12-18 month basis and rolling the dice until one of them gets it right at the first time of asking.

40 minutes ago, Brackley said:

😂 No quick fixes unfortunately, we’re in such a bad state we need to put our trust in someone and give them several years to revamp the squad.

Not what any of us want, but that’s the reality.

IMO we’re back to the position when SG joined, where we desperately need to qualify for Europe, as that’s the source of the funds we need.

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This is it, there are quite a few with @J-Maestro and @The Specky Forum Organiser probably being the most consistently vocal where Clement is virtually blameless.

It’s not all on him either but the football bar a very small handful of games has been fucking shocking, and it’s really really basic stuff.

That he kept trying the same thing that wasn’t working in several OFs too was worrying.

Everyone hoping we’d see him introduce something over the summer but it’s more of the same pish.

If we get the quality we need in those players will probably bail any manager out but it’s worrying he needs bailed out.

He’s not really improved a single player despite him claiming players are better than they were 6 months ago.

22 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not for me

I think most people have now realised that blaming the manager for our failings every season isn't the answer and the biggest problems at the club are the players and the board

Not that he's faultless obviously 

:belm:

First off I obviously hope Clement does well amd is woth us for some time, that would mean he is successful.

Iam a Rangers fan and the club is what I care about it so I have to be brutally honest and say there have been aspects early on which personally I don't like to see from our manager and how he portrays himself in the media during a defeat, especially after a high pressure game........this is a reflection on him and a decent indicator of how he projects that onto players imo.

Do I think he will be a success, sadly no I dont and can't see him bring here after this season.....unless we actually have a few signings of good pedigree.

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This sums us up.

Doesn’t matter if playing Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee, Them, Man U reserves - we are far too easy to play against.

A complete mess.

We got overrun in midfield last season by the scum, Clement got criticised. By the SC final even though we lost, he didn't really get criticised because we played better and stopped them dominating midfield in particular as they had done previously.

It's preseason and Barron and Diamonde are a new pairing so there's allowances from me for the above. But if the above continues into the season, or we revert and don't compete properly with celtics midfield then imo Clement will deserve criticism. As he will if we lose to clubs on fractions of our budget.

For some this criticism shouldn't be directed at the manager. I can't get my head round a year's free pass if the basics aren't being achieved, mistakes are repeated by him etc.