Bennett Interview

Still bewildered we have this fucker running things via zoom his mansion down south and nothing about a CEO to replace the one that left two months ago. 

And this is going to be the same fucker that choses the next CEO along with Park Jr. 

Think they are totally clueless on matters on and off the field. The vast majority of shareholders who accept this are just as culpable. 

Still just raging this nonsense never ends with my club.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Still bewildered we have this fucker running things via zoom his mansion down south and nothing about a CEO to replace the one that left two months ago. 

And this is going to be the same fucker that choses the next CEO along with Park Jr. 

Think they are totally clueless on matters on and off the field. The vast majority of shareholders who accept this are just as culpable. 

Still just raging this nonsense never ends with my club.

You could - at a stretch - make a case for Bennett's involvement given his successful career in business but Park jr is a complete nobody who has ridden his Daddy's coat-tails his whole life. What possible relevant qualification or experience does he bring to the process?

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

You could - at a stretch - make a case for Bennett's involvement given his successful career in business but Park jr is a complete nobody who has ridden his Daddy's coat-tails his whole life. What possible relevant qualification or experience does he bring to the process?

You could argue Park Jr has more day to day business operational experience than Bennett, whose background is in fund management.

It baffles me how a wee uncharismatic nyaff can end up in such a high position in their career. 

I've always believed less is more when communicating in general, be it professionally or socially. 

John Bennett seems to talk like a lawyer or a politician. If he brought me in to the boardroom I think I'd leave with more questions than I walked in with. 

An earlier poster summed it up beautifully, it's like being short of words for a dissertation. 

Uninspiring wee fanny who needs replaced badly. 

On 29/07/2024 at 18:55, The Archer said:

An interview that could have lasted 10 minutes ,he slowly stumbles through it filling it with shite  and if he uses that caveat word again I will shove it up his arse. Shocking club management .

Will there be 24 hour shifts once the stuff arrives because thats what shutdowns and projects behind schedule `do

No 24hr shifts as there will be restrictions on hours worked due to it being a residential area.

To get us in a better financial position we should listen to offers for anyone in the team and if an offer is below what we paid for lets say Dessers for example we should just accept if to get the fee and a massive wage off the books. Butland was our best player last season but he's probably our most valuable asset so for that reason I'd sell him and hopefully we get circa £7 million for him and again he'll be on a massive wage I believe Beale broke the wage structure to sign him.

Under no circumstances should the wage structure be broken anymore as in my opinion our highest paid player should be on no more than £12,500, 15000 a week,  if you look at players like Shankland and Miovski there is no way they are on anymore than £6000 and both of them are good enough to compete for the league so there shouldnt be wages in excess of what I said previously to play in a third rate league.

We shouldn't be paying transfer fee's in excess of £3 million as there is decent players that can be found for that amount and less but its all about looking in the right markets. No more paying inflated fee's and criminal wages for average English championship players we should be utilizing the central and eastern european, balkan and scandinavian markets for talent.

Lastly, the youth and academy teams are a mess as barely any young players are coming through. Make a judgement on any who arent good enough and loan them out with other clubs covering 90 to 100 percent of their wages or sell them. No youth player should be on anymore than 2000 a week. 

There's still cost cutting to be done across other areas of the club but the above would save a lot I'm sure.

9 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You could argue Park Jr has more day to day business operational experience than Bennett, whose background is in fund management.

You could argue that.

42 minutes ago, ciggy said:

To get us in a better financial position we should listen to offers for anyone in the team and if an offer is below what we paid for lets say Dessers for example we should just accept if to get the fee and a massive wage off the books. Butland was our best player last season but he's probably our most valuable asset so for that reason I'd sell him and hopefully we get circa £7 million for him and again he'll be on a massive wage I believe Beale broke the wage structure to sign him.

Under no circumstances should the wage structure be broken anymore as in my opinion our highest paid player should be on no more than £12,500, 15000 a week,  if you look at players like Shankland and Miovski there is no way they are on anymore than £6000 and both of them are good enough to compete for the league so there shouldnt be wages in excess of what I said previously to play in a third rate league.

We shouldn't be paying transfer fee's in excess of £3 million as there is decent players that can be found for that amount and less but its all about looking in the right markets. No more paying inflated fee's and criminal wages for average English championship players we should be utilizing the central and eastern european, balkan and scandinavian markets for talent.

Lastly, the youth and academy teams are a mess as barely any young players are coming through. Make a judgement on any who arent good enough and loan them out with other clubs covering 90 to 100 percent of their wages or sell them. No youth player should be on anymore than 2000 a week. 

There's still cost cutting to be done across other areas of the club but the above would save a lot I'm sure.

That's mental.

Like absolutely mental.

32 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

That's mental.

Like absolutely mental.

Its definitely enough to attract good players that make us competitive. I don't see us being in a financial position to be handing out massive fee's and nor should we as the league we play in is third rate at best and doesn't justify paying £6 million for a player to turn up against Motherwell and St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, ciggy said:

Its definitely enough to attract good players that make us competitive. I don't see us being in a financial position to be handing out massive fee's and nor should we as the league we play in is third rate at best and doesn't justify paying £6 million for a player to turn up against Motherwell and St Mirren.

You're a fag, ciggy.

2 minutes ago, ciggy said:

No it wouldn't, it would see us competing with league 1 teams for players.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

No it wouldn't, it would see us competing with league 1 teams for players.

If we looked at the right markets we can absolutely sign quality in that wage bracket and should avoid the inflated valuations of the championship and league 1. Not sure if accurate but davies is rumoured to be on £20K a week and if that's true its criminal.

1 hour ago, ciggy said:

If we looked at the right markets we can absolutely sign quality in that wage bracket and should avoid the inflated valuations of the championship and league 1. Not sure if accurate but davies is rumoured to be on £20K a week and if that's true its criminal.

What are the right markets? Do you not think Championship and League 1 teams look in the same markets? 

Our issue is that we've got ambitions that far out strip our current financial position. We have fundamentally under invested in youth, so have to buy, but need to pay a bit more to entice players to us vs. the Championship, or go for risky players such as Cantwell, Lawrence, Davies etc, who have a point to prove or who need us to kick-start their career.

On 29/07/2024 at 20:10, Gascoigne8 said:

Didnae watch it, can someone tell me if the ferries will be delivered on time?? 

I think the ferries will be delivered before the Copland Rear opens :headwall:

3 hours ago, lau03143 said:

What are the right markets? Do you not think Championship and League 1 teams look in the same markets? 

Our issue is that we've got ambitions that far out strip our current financial position. We have fundamentally under invested in youth, so have to buy, but need to pay a bit more to entice players to us vs. the Championship, or go for risky players such as Cantwell, Lawrence, Davies etc, who have a point to prove or who need us to kick-start their career.

The one''s I mentioned previously and its not only about transfers and wages its about cutting costs throughout every area of the club.