Tom Lawrence

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not actually wanting him out, which is good as he's going nowhere, I want him to better in numerous areas.

Not sure you answered my question about S&W but hey ho.

Most Rangers managers get several windows and then would get binned if unsuccessful with trophies or European progress. Clement I think will get several and not binned purely due to cost even if unsuccessful. So a bit of a change under the guise of project 2028.

Hagi and Cantwell may not be good enough, but they're not as poor as Lwarence. Id have no issues selling either or both. But given Lawrence is ooc in the summer there's literally no point in playing him at the expense of others til may. He'd be the first of the 3 I'd get rid of.

As I said once the clearout is complete and we've got some new players in as I do believe they've brought in some decent players and even the ones who haven't been great you can at least see what they were signed to offer I'm happy to stick a fork in him if he's doing badly.

Just think it's mental when folk are talking about other managers when they would just get parachuted in to the heap of shite Clement is currently dealing with.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't care where he played for Norwich. Since coming to us, he has been more effective inside.

look, Cantwell clearly has some personality issues, but it's not unreasonable to say we could be sitting on 6 points and still in the CL draw had he played instead of Lawrence.

It's entirely unreasonable to assume that considering Cantwell was a large part of the bad form at the end of the season also.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

As I said once the clearout is complete and we've got some new players in as I do believe they've brought in some decent players and even the ones who haven't been great you can at least see what they were signed to offer I'm happy to stick a fork in him if he's doing badly.

We've players contracted for several more years yet. Does he get til they've all gone too before it's deemed his squad?

He's surely got a say in players coming and going? If not, and it's just his job to train and play the squad presented to him then surely that's got to have targets to be met otherwise we're as well chucking it.

It's one thing waiting if he's literally doing the best with the resources he has. To me its pretty obvious he's not, we don't look as drilled as any team we've played competitively so far. Maybe he's not responsible for how shite preseason was either....

13 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

It's a fucking disgrace he's picking Lawrence who is offering nothing every match while ignoring other players for personal reasons. He subbed cantwell after 20 odd minutes how have Lawrence tav dessers etc not suffered that fate with some even worse performances? 

Dessers hasn't because his replacement can't come off the bench unless we're several goals up and there's 5 mins left. And we're not capable of that unless it's Dessers doing the scoring as no one else is up for it.

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We've players contracted for several more years yet. Does he get til they've all gone too before it's deemed his squad?

He's surely got a say in players coming and going? If not, and it's just his job to train and play the squad presented to him then surely that's got to have targets to be met otherwise we're as well chucking it.

It's one thing waiting if he's literally doing the best with the resources he has. To me its pretty obvious he's not, we don't look as drilled as any team we've played competitively so far. Maybe he's not responsible for how shite preseason was either....

Obviously not the whole squad, but he surely has to get the time to be able to put out his XI.

You've said not any player is god enough though?

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Obviously not the whole squad, but he surely has to get the time to be able to put out his XI.

You've said not any player is god enough though?

How much time? When does the squad become his squad?

Ask me the same question around Xmas last season and I'd have given a polar opposite one to the one I'd have given in May there. Can only go with current and recent form and it's been shit bar Barron. Clements job is to improve that. Some want to find excuses for him not doing so.

23 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Scott Wright might be shite but he doesn’t have a fraction of the ego that Cantwell does. I’d go as far as to say that nobody else in the squad does and that’s exactly why Clement made an example of him that night. He needed humbled, Clement did that fairly early on and rather than getting his head down and working hard to prove the manager wrong, Cantwell has embarrassed himself with social media garbage about “birds in cages” and “shushburgers” before asking to leave the club, proving that Clement was right about his attitude, application and willingness to put his ego to the side for the team.

Breaking news: Football player has a big ego! 

So we put up with Scott Wright making blunders like the SCF because he doesn't have a big ego?

I've also seen Clement push him and walk right past him at other times. He's not innocent in all of this

Cantwell is his own worst enemy, but I guarantee you there are two sides to the story and one day we will find out Cantwell's version as he can't help himself.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How much time? When does the squad become his squad?

Ask me the same question around Xmas last season and I'd have given a polar opposite one to the one I'd have given in May there. Can only go with current and recent form and it's been shit bar Barron. Clements job is to improve that. Some want to find excuses for him not doing so.

When he gets players in, I'd say after January.

I'm fine if people want him out, I don't really care if people do. But there's absolutely zero point in changing manager when we are in the place we are now. Clement is working with an arm behind his back, if we do decide to move on from him then I want a new manager coming in at the start of next season not in the middle and end up with the same shite again with the fans on his back cause of someone else's mistakes.

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm fine if people want him out, I don't really care if people do. But there's absolutely zero point in changing manager when we are in the place we are now. Clement is working with an arm behind his back, if we do decide to move on from him then I want a new manager coming in at the start of next season not in the middle and end up with the same shite again with the fans on his back cause of someone else's mistakes.

Not many people are calling for his head because everyone knows he is going nowhere unless he walks. They are questioning his tactics and man-management skills. 

49 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Breaking news: Football player has a big ego! 

So we put up with Scott Wright making blunders like the SCF because he doesn't have a big ego?

I've also seen Clement push him and walk right past him at other times. He's not innocent in all of this

Cantwell is his own worst enemy, but I guarantee you there are two sides to the story and one day we will find out Cantwell's version as he can't help himself.

Breaking news: Cantwell has done the square root of fuck to justify the ego he has!

Think there’s a massive difference between a honest, hard working, professional player who simply lacks quality making a blunder in a match, and a talented player flatly ignoring his managers instructions and barely trying a lick. If we bombed out every player who made a genuine footballing mistake, missed a chance, failed to control a ball, etc..we wouldn’t have a starting eleven.

Cantwell had issues at Norwich and he’s had them with us. Clement’s man management could have been better, but Cantwell is his own worst enemy and that’s why he went from being linked with a 40 million transfer to Aston Villa to moving to us for us 1.5 million within the space of two years.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Breaking news: Cantwell has done the square root of fuck to justify the ego he has!

Think there’s a massive difference between a honest, hard working, professional player who simply lacks quality making a blunder in a match, and a player flatly ignoring his managers instructions and barely trying a lick. If we bombed out every player who made a genuine footballing mistake, missed a chance, failed to control a ball, etc..we wouldn’t have a starting eleven.

Cantwell had issues at Norwich and he’s had them with us. Clement’s man management could have been better, but Cantwell is his own worst enemy and that’s why he went from being linked with a 40 million transfer to Aston Villa to moving to us for us 1.5 million within the space of two years.

Mate, I'm fine if Cantwell fucks off, but when we are in such disarray, his on-field ability would help. I've never thought the situation was handled properly, even if I know Cantwell is his own worst enemy.

There are all types of personalities in a dressing room. Some are quiet, others have big egos, some are funny (Matondo) etc...

Is it a coincidence that the three players who have been banished - Cantwell, Hagi & Lowry all have big egos?

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No, it's just that all three of them are nowhere near good enough. 

They may not be good enough mate, but they are better than some who are playing. I don't need to mention which players to you.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

They may not be good enough mate, but they are better than some who are playing. I don't need to mention which players to you.

Maybe so, but it sums up the state we're in by judging who should be playing based on a level of how dugmeat they are. 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

OK, accountable from Jan, hopefully we've not completely written off the season by then.

I've said before I'm not looking for a new manager quite yet. Clement is experienced yet is making rookie errors even when you accept the squad rebuild is going as well as the Copland one. No new manager names from me. He just needs to show he's got the ability to get on top of the situation and get us the wins we should be expecting to get. And now, not when we're writing off more cash for EL points, going vastly behind in the league, getting knocked out domestic cups by lesser teams etc.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Maybe so, but it sums up the state we're in by judging who should be playing based on a level of how dugmeat they are. 

There's also the contractual situation. 

We're preferring a guy who is OOC in the summer to guys who will be here longer contractually. Now if that means we sell YH and TC as a deal is better then fine. But we're going completely against the apparent learning that was spoken about when 5 senior players left for nothing in the summer. For Tom fucking Lawtence.

11 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Forgive me but aside from his agent chattering away or his dad doing a press piece when has Hagi displayed a big ego?

He sold his wedding to Romanian TV. I would imagine that's someone who enjoys the limelight.

I do think he acts professionally as a football player, however. 

I happen to like him and wish it could be resolved.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can say that for the vast majority of the squad though, we're utterly fucked. 

Yeah but the 3 no10s are being excluded from their natural positions for a player offering nothing.

I actually think removing Lawrence above any other in the team would have the biggest positive impact. Getting Cantwell, Lowry, Hagi or Diamonde in there would all improve us or certainly not weaken us. Unfortunately circumstances and manager dictate otherwise.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Mate, I'm fine if Cantwell fucks off, but when we are in such disarray, his on-field ability would help. I've never thought the situation was handled properly, even if I know Cantwell is his own worst enemy.

There are all types of personalities in a dressing room. Some are quiet, others have big egos, some are funny (Matondo) etc...

Is it a coincidence that the three players who have been banished - Cantwell, Hagi & Lowry all have big egos?

The only coincidence is they all play in Lawrence’s position and offer more than him. Needed them all gone so he could achieve his wet dream of watching Lawrence ambling cluelessly around the pitch for 90 minutes twice a week while we all tear our hair out 

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

The only coincidence is they all play in Lawrence’s position and offer more than him. Needed them all gone so he could achieve his wet dream of watching Lawrence ambling cluelessly around the pitch for 90 minutes twice a week while we all tear our hair out 

Cantwell mostly played ahead of Lawrence before he asked to leave so what are you talking about?