The actions of the support

How can we enact change?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How can we enact change?

• Positive action? (Getting more behind the team/manager/ board)
    • Protests/boycotts
    • A mix of both

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Mix of both.

Back the team and manager. Anything else is counter productive.

Regards the Board, start action low key and ramp it up the longer there's no sign of change.

This is the popular choice (not by much atm though) but it's one of those things it's really hard to constantly back when there's so many glaringly poor issues with the team and the manager as well

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fan media in their pockets.

fans group with their own new section.

Hand picked supporters at their fans forums.

This board certainly know what their doing with this aspect of club.

The fan media who have spent so long claiming they aren't blazer chasers sitting in the gantry at home games and not entirely worrying other supporters. Sometimes they'll call out issues but not enough to potentially lose that privilege 

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

The fan media who have spent so long claiming they aren't blazer chasers sitting in the gantry at home games and not entirely worrying other supporters. Sometimes they'll call out issues but not enough to potentially lose that privilege 

Heart and Hand played at our Wetherspoons the other night.

Do you think they paid club for use of it?

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Heart and Hand played at our Wetherspoons the other night.

Do you think they paid club for use of it?

I had to double take for a minute and was imagining a podcast literally getting held in a Wetherspoons :confused:

Who knows. But being the biggest fan media (I subscribe myself) out there isn't a bad thing but I don't know how much you can claim to be wanting to hold people to account whilst getting their shiny new venue to host your shows in 

I’d love to get behind the manager and him be successful but it’s all talk at the moment, he’s giving out sound bytes in the same manner the board do. The football is awful, there is no obvious tactical awareness, structure to our play, it’s like 11 players chucked together. Our league quality is shite yet we don’t see any attacking flair from us. It’s brutal and anyone who enjoys watching us is a sadist. 

I think we’re a shambles from top to bottom and it’s extremely worrying. 1/2 seasons more of this and we will be in serious financial difficulty. With that in mind, it still baffles me we’ve extended a manager’s contract AND bought someone in excess of £1m who hasn’t even trained at our required level, let alone played. 

I don’t know what wake up call the players, the manager or the board are waiting on but I’m sure they’ll get it soon if this continues. A pumping in Europe, a pumping from the mhanks, or more dropped points in the league await. Joys.  He can say he loves the club, the support, etc. all he wants, saying what he did after yesterday shows he doesn’t get it. As Boyd said, second is last here, some get it, some just don’t. 

Has to be more support for the manager and players. Yes there are some who have to go, the likes Hagi and Cantwell need to get off the wage bill to allow more to come in. But it's inevitable that there will be some remaining that we would rather see leave. We can't just keep telling them there not good enough and throwing the arms in the air every time they are selected. A bit of positivity is required very quickly, the negative narrative coming from us and those in the media is toxic and holding us back.

I think it's at a point that protests are going to be needed. Organised one with fan groups on board. We simply can't continue like this. 

Board have showing time and time again they can't make us successful long term. 

The state we've been allowed to fall into after 55 and the europa run is disgraceful.

Miles behind the tarriers and looking very much like they'll be ahead of our trophy count this season. 

You'll get the odd success 55, cup but they are becoming rare exceptions to the norm. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think it's at a point that protests are going to be needed. Organised one with fan groups on board. We simply can't continue like this. 

Board have showing time and time again they can't make us successful long term. 

The state we've been allowed to fall into after 55 and the europa run is disgraceful.

Miles behind the tarriers and looking very much like they'll be ahead of our trophy count this season. 

You'll get the odd success 55, cup but they are becoming rare exceptions to the norm. 

The fan groups won't entertain it because they've been given too much by the board. The podcasts with big followings are given access to the club, the ultras, the supposed hardliners got their beloved move to the Rangers end, and anyone with influence certainly won't entertain it

What will protests actually achieve?

The managers going nowhere as he's just signed a 4 year deal. The board will only leave if there's a buyer, which there isn't. We don't have more money to spend, so they can't be forced into spending more. Attacking the players isn't going to make them play better, it will only do the opposite.

This season is going to be shit. I don't see anything that can be done to change that.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve flights booked for next weekend but I’m not going now.

Cant justify the effort and money I’d end up spending just to watch what we’ve been seeing lately. There’s far fewer accommodation options in the area of Hampden aswell and they’re all about 150 quid a night. So there you’re spending 200 quid straight away before you factor in taxis, food and drink.

Could go boat but why should I get up at 4am to get back in the house around midnight when I’ll not be enjoying myself?

Im about 20 minutes from Hampden and can't even be fucked going, If I was over the water like you boys there would be absolutely no chance I would be going to all that effort.

Got my ST and mygers auto renewed anyway but can safely say I won't be buying any euro games this season or cup games, sick of frittering away money for absolutely nothing in return.

Board need to be held accountable for where we are, but we also must accept the reality of the situation. We're financially hamstrung, have a shite squad that still needs more fat trimmed from it and require AT LEAST 5 more players that have the ability to be first picks in the spine of that team.

Just now, DeanMK said:

Board need to be held accountable for where we are, but we also must accept the reality of the situation. We're financially hamstrung, have a shite squad that still needs more fat trimmed from it and require AT LEAST 5 more players that have the ability to be first picks in the spine of that team.

The chances of us building a team on a shoestring budget to win leagues and trophies against them is slim to none.

Without money and a capable management team we are fucked and fucked we will stay.

That's the reality 

26 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

The fan groups won't entertain it because they've been given too much by the board. The podcasts with big followings are given access to the club, the ultras, the supposed hardliners got their beloved move to the Rangers end, and anyone with influence certainly won't entertain it

The UB will protest if they feel the need to, and let's be honest, everybody else will wait until they protest.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

The UB will protest if they feel the need to, and let's be honest, everybody else will wait until they protest.

Well this is most likely true. But the fact so much has happened and they've not really said or done anything probably says alot 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The chances of us building a team on a shoestring budget to win leagues and trophies against them is slim to none.

Without money and a capable management team we are fucked and fucked we will stay.

That's the reality 

Indeed. The board need to be held accountable for the amount of money they've blown. The support put copious mounts of money in and let's be honest is it spent well? They said themselves MyGers goes right into the first team. So what has this year's done? Paid for a guy from Morocco who isn't remotely ready for our game. That's the kind of stuff that we can question 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Does it?

Do they ever really protest online? 

Not really but they've been at the preseason games (I don't think they were at Murrayfield)  and were at Tynecastle. They tend to protest with their feet but it's usually more over someone who got banned or the jail

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's the reality 

It's not impossible. A few shrewd signings in the problem positions could transform this team into something a bit more respectable.

I'm not really wanting to go back down the road of debating whether Clement is capable or not as its been done to the death and the board clearly have no intention of changing things any time soon.

Just hope we can get a few in the door soon that are of the required standard because yesterday was awful and even the most patient and optimistic of us will grow tired of it quickly.

Absolutely do not want it to come to this but the only way I see to get the message across that the entire fanbase is fed up is to boycott. Without the money that will force the boards hand but that should only be attempted once there is absolutely nothing left to play for. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's the reality 

We've had money, we've just spent it poorly.

We've had a bigger wage bill than them and our net spend over the last 5-6 years is bigger than theirs.

Our recruitment is the major, major issue.

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

Not really but they've been at the preseason games (I don't think they were at Murrayfield)  and were at Tynecastle. They tend to protest with their feet but it's usually more over someone who got banned or the jail

A small allcoation at Hearts with small numbers of members was never going to see any protest, maybe Birmingham. 

Protested without their feet over Wilson/Robertson, Australia, failures before Gerrard, being fucked over regarding safe standing.

Only protesting with their feet in recent years was Raith with banners being took off them, and patching the lap of honour after Dundee.

20 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Im about 20 minutes from Hampden and can't even be fucked going, If I was over the water like you boys there would be absolutely no chance I would be going to all that effort.

Got my ST and mygers auto renewed anyway but can safely say I won't be buying any euro games this season or cup games, sick of frittering away money for absolutely nothing in return.

Its a shame mate. I love getting over but it’s really hard to justify the expense atm with the whole feeling around the club. I’ll still be over at times this season but right now the effort levels are just non existent 

Easier to watch on tv than fling the guts of 300 quid at a trip I’ll probably have Rangers piss me off on 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A small allcoation at Hearts with small numbers of members was never going to see any protest, maybe Birmingham. 

Protested without their feet over Wilson/Robertson, Australia, failures before Gerrard, being fucked over regarding safe standing.

Only protesting with their feet in recent years was Raith with banners being took off them, and patching the lap of honour after Dundee.

Your memory is far better than mine! I had completely forgotten about about Australia and the Wilson/Robertson at Motherwell. My apologies! You'd like to think then the whole debacle of the summer, moving to Hampden, then they'd be thinking of something, but it shouldn't be upto them to start something