The actions of the support

How can we enact change?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How can we enact change?

• Positive action? (Getting more behind the team/manager/ board)
    • Protests/boycotts
    • A mix of both

18 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We've had money, we've just spent it poorly.

We've had a bigger wage bill than them and our net spend over the last 5-6 years is bigger than theirs.

Our recruitment is the major, major issue.

I agree with our recruitment issue but the rest is made up. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree with our recruitment issue but the rest is made up. 

It's probably not far off considering they balance the books with a big sale at least every 2 seasons. It was Edouard and Ajer 3 years ago, Jota and Abada last season, it could be O'Reilly this year. I'd make a real guess that we will have more guys on at least 20k a week than them and haven't had the financial injections to level it up

Protests and boycotts is the only way forward, they've got our ST money now. 

Won't happen but, Clement will get sacked in a few months and the managerial merry go round will continue whilst we watch that lot overtake our trophy haul. 

9 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't understand what you don't follow. I can't simplify that sentence anymore.

From the information you provided how does that equate to us having a higher wage bill? Provide the wages for 5 years of every player for each team. That would be useful. 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

From the information you provided how does that equate to us having a higher wage bill? Provide the wages for 5 years of every player for each team. That would be useful. 

I said our net spend was bigger over the last 5 years. 

If you want to see wages they are in the publicly available annual reports from each team.

To save you time, Rangers staff costs in our 2023 accounts were £64.0m, Celtics were £60.8m, although players wages are pretty widely reported. 

Its heart-breaking that there really isn't anything we can do that doesn't harm the club and thats the last thing we need.

We are backed into a corner and, instead of being more dangerous, we are cowering in the hope that someone rescues us.

The only vision of a secure future I can see is to get a real Rangers manager in who will be given time by the support and the board, to bring through keen youngsters and build up the bank balance. A manager and youngsters who have blue hearts and know that loyalty and hard work are the only way to survive and then prosper. We will get battered for a few more years but will emerge stronger, both mentally and financially. There is NO more quick fixes and rich sugar daddies in Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I said our net spend was bigger over the last 5 years. 

If you want to see wages they are in the publicly available annual reports from each team.

To save you time, Rangers staff costs in our 2023 accounts were £64.0m, Celtics were £60.8m, although players wages are pretty widely reported. 

I’m not being arsey with you I’m really not. Over the period you said (5yrs) they have spent £5m more on “staff wages” you picked a year that was an anomaly.  
Nobody knows who gets paid what and the “widely reported” is mainly the papers making things up. 

There are so many variables factored in including managers wages, win bonuses and the like. So making a blanket statement about wages as a stick to beat is with is not correct.  

their profit is tied into selling players for huge sums on a regular basis. 

4 hours ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Honestly, out of my mates I'm always one of the last ones to turn, I always want to give benefits of the doubt and try for a positive but I see none. 

I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be positive about nor when these guys who will be signed to take us forward despite already having 8 or 9 signed.

Genuinely so deflated 

What worried me is all I saw was more of the same, dessers missing chances, relying on butland at the other end, passing shite, no movement in midfield.only barron starting out of all the new signings,and we already had that level of player in Greg docherty years ago.there is fuck all to get excited about. That's why I'm pissed off, n̈one of the young uns took their chance in the friendlies either. First time I've ever felt betrayed by the Rangers board in my life.they don't give a fuck about us at all.just hope by some miracle we pull off a performance in Poland to give us a wee chance in the return leg , but we won't even have a packed ibrox to help us either thanks to they fuckin dinlows who run our club.clement can fuck off with his fuckin excuses as well.fuck it.

No Surrender 

Rab

26 minutes ago, Monty Zoomer said:

Its heart-breaking that there really isn't anything we can do that doesn't harm the club and thats the last thing we need.

We are backed into a corner and, instead of being more dangerous, we are cowering in the hope that someone rescues us.

The only vision of a secure future I can see is to get a real Rangers manager in who will be given time by the support and the board, to bring through keen youngsters and build up the bank balance. A manager and youngsters who have blue hearts and know that loyalty and hard work are the only way to survive and then prosper. We will get battered for a few more years but will emerge stronger, both mentally and financially. There is NO more quick fixes and rich sugar daddies in Scottish football.

Who would you suggest as a manager?

There’s a high chance Kiev will dump us out of the CL. I reckon the support will turn if anything is dropped in the two ‘home’ games before celtic. 
We are absolutely getting a doing at Parkhead and that’ll be the tipping point

Out of CL and the league effectively over by September. 

25 minutes ago, Monty Zoomer said:

Honestly, I am not fit to pick - I am not qualified but, someone like Richard Gough and, dare I say it, Derek McInnes

Richard Gough’s total management experience was nearly 20 yrs ago and lasted less than a season. 
But aye he’s Mr Rangers. Ffs

Cannae say anything on this forum for fear of getting ridiculed. 

I'll just go back to lurking

I didn't say Richard Gough per se - I said "someone LIKE Richard Gough" - a Captain I always admired and who embodies the professionalism and drive that we are, so badly, lacking.