When and how do you think we will dominate Scottish football again

It’ll be years. I was disappointed with Souness on Talk Sport when he said the gap wasn’t that big - the gap is huge both on the pitch and financially off it. 
Our hands are tied with the amount of shite we have tied to contracts and even when we get rid of the crap we have to get recruitment bang on

They've got this seasons CL cash rolling in again and still the likes of Hatate and Kyogo to sell

Its a fucking shambles 

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They haven't been able to break through properly because the Academy is a mess. Wasn't until Clement came in that these players were getting involved with the first team just with training.

That's scandalous. 

You have to wonder what the progression planning has been? (I know the answer will be none). 

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's scandalous. 

You have to wonder what the progression planning has been? (I know the answer will be none). 

Nothing. Jacobs came in under Mulholland then took his job then fucked off after a year. It's too much of a fix and with the B team in a void it's next to impossible. Now we are relying on our former B team manager to try sort it on the cheap with Clement helping out.

Dominating isn't ever happening again the only reason they are is because the shite we've been through FFP has also crippled us and our ability to spend what we really need to in order to get back on a level footing. So it'll take years but we will be successful again. 

57 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Some don't want to admit it, but we are still paying in some regards for what happened in 2012. 

Yes, there has been gross mismanagement at boardroom level and on the pitch, but it set us back a good 4/5 years and handed them the biggest financial boost they could have gotten. 

We need to do now what we should have done in div 3, buy low, sell high and try to develop a consistent chain of high quality youth players. 

Disappointed that Devine, Lovelace, Rice and Lowry haven't been able to break through properly. 

THEIR income dropped when we went down the leagues - arguably their worst financial results in the last 20 years.

What we SHOULD have done was act like a small league club, using low wage players (but JUST better than everyone else in the league) and bank all the money from sold out ibrox every fortnight. By a small league club, I mean, don't buy Scotland internationals and pay them 15k a week to saunter through division 3 - we could have kept our costs low and amassed a small fortune by the time we got back to the top league - I remember saying at the time that we would be the richest club in Scotland and it could set us up for decades to come - out of the ashes, we should have risen stronger . Thats where we made the biggest mistake IMHO

Sadly we're years behind them,can only hope they waste a shit load of money on average players and fail to qualify for the CL for a few seasons,if they continue their financial dominance 10 in a row won't be a worry 15 will 

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think people saying we won’t ever dominate again need to remember how quickly things can turn in football especially in Scotland, we won the title undefeated and by 25 points and looked set for a period of dominance and look how that turned out, a couple of bad windows for them coupled with a couple of good ones for us and things can change very quickly, we will be back however bad it is at the minute. 

In the last 24 seasons we’ve won 6 league titles. The only time we dominated in that time was with Walter from 2009-11. Granted 4 of these titles were without us in the league but over a 25 year we’ve hardly had any dominance - this isn’t happening any time soon. Since promotion we’ve won 3 trophies in 8 years - under these current owners this won’t be far away from the kind of numbers we see in the next 8 years. We’ll win the odd league cup and even a Scottish Cup but you are totally deluded if you believe we’ll ever dominate again. One of two things will only stop their dominance 1. New forward thinking owners who know how to run a successful football club. Or 2. We both join some Atlantic league or something therefore it stops their dominance as we’ll have B teams domestically. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

They were. They have a decent draw this time out. They already have 2 lots of 30 plus million banked from our fuck ups plus huge sales for players. We have to sell before we can get anyone in.

Folk thinking we will be winning the title in a year or 2 are off their heads.

This! The league will be done by Halloween this year and our only hope of winning either of the cups is if someone else knocks the scum out as we ain’t touching them. Only sniff we’ll get in future seasons is if Rodgers gets bored and fucks off and they fuck up his replacement. If he stays then it’ll be a fight for us to stop them doing 10 in a row. They are in a different league to us on and off the park. 

I can't see us winning back to back titles or treble in the near future.  That would be the start of dominating.

Fuck, we struggle not to end up trophyless most seasons.

We had a great oppurtunity to stop the rott when we won title 55 but the board bottled it yet again.

It's easy to dwell on individual players being shit, I am guilty of it myself, or blaming the failings of succesive managers.

Who appoints these managers and players? The board.

Who has us playing our home games at hampdump because they can't carry out a simple renovation?

They have spunked millions on players and managers whilst spouting shite about long term planning.

We still pay over the odds to watch mediocre players struggle.

The people in charge are shitebags who are petrified to take a gamble.

Mediocrity is ensured as long as they are in charge of our  great Club.

Soul destroying.

16 minutes ago, Big Robert said:

Hard to say.

If we invest right then I'd say at the minimum in the next 3/4/5 years but that would mean every signing would need to hit the ground running and be a instant starter and couldn't afford to make any gambles on players who'd turn out to be average or mediocre which is unlikely. 

No offence mate but when was the last time that happened? We have shitbags at the helm of our Club imo.

Successive boards are either mentally scarred or tooscared to take even a minor risk.

Europa cup final. We need a backup sticker in January and didn't sign one. A midfielder scored our goal. Who was that down to?

Last season we were crying out for a striker. Could have spent 5 million and potentially had cl football.

Didn't happen.

It's sheer cowardice.

5 million won't kill us.

Shitting it will though.

A 5 million pounds investment to make 40 million in the CL.

It's simple arithmetic.

How can the board expect the manager or players to excell when they can't do the basics right?

5 minutes ago, Big Robert said:

He's not set the heather alight this season but last season he was tremendous.

So you would have paid Diomande's fee for him? I wouldn't pay £1M for him.

I stayed well away from the LS thread.

39 minutes ago, Big Robert said:

You're right there my man I would have used the money that was ring fenced for Diamonde on Shankland.

Or a better striker.

We need at least 2 fit reliqble strikers. So at least 3 to cover injuries

Every club does.

Basic stuff.

3 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Id have 11 protestants again imo bring back the no catholic signing policy that served us so well for over 100 years.

Sorry not the no catholic signing policy as we never had one I meant the non signing of high profile catholics policy we had 

When's the last time we had a team full of protestants? As if that's concern with the current state of the club FFS 

13 minutes ago, Big Robert said:

Absolutetly serious we were desperate for a striker and Shankland 2was banging them in for an average Hearts team.

Yes the money that was kept to pay Diamonde's fee.

No I think we sign dreadfully.

I read your post wrong mate. My error.

Defo should have spent more wisely as you say.

How the fuck do successive boards expect us to win goals without investing in proper strikers?

Our goal tally from midfield is a total disgrace.

22 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Id have 11 protestants again imo bring back the no catholic signing policy that served us so well for over 100 years.

Sorry not the no catholic signing policy as we never had one I meant the non signing of high profile catholics policy we had 

Pish poor attempt at fishing.

Must try harder