Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

Philippe Clement  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

The defeat at Kilmarnock leaves us 6 points behind celtic and Aberdeen after only 8 games.

We are regressing game by game and it's painful to watch, so wanted to ask the question.

What should the board do and what will the board do are two different answers. 

A new chief exec should probably be allowed to hire his own man. It’s hardly a ringing endorsement that that’s the only reason for keeping at the moment. 

Aye, yesterday was a turning point for me.

At the very least we should be getting commitment and passion . There was neither of them , and let's not kid ourselves -  there hasn't been for months. 

And that's down to a manager that's sticks by players that have made lethargy an art form . 

We need someone to re-enegise these players,  that won't put up with half arsed performances and knows what this club is about .

Not a popular choice in here but I'd go for Derek McInnes . The ' foreign coach ' route has rarely worked . Back to getting somebody that understands the Scottish game and knows the expectations of this club . 

51 minutes ago, crmpicco said:

The defeat at Kilmarnock leaves us 6 points behind celtic and Aberdeen after only 8 games.

We are regressing game by game and it's painful to watch, so wanted to ask the question.

High chance it’s 9 behind Aberdeen next week. The football we play is among the worst in this shite league and there’s  players in our squad that look completely uninterested 

We are lumbered with shite that no cunt in their right mind would want to take off our hands. 

Our players danced round Hampden after beating St Johnstone - an utter laughing stock of a club. 

It's looking like the lack of cash we had to spend in the summer might end up being a good thing because this useless cunt would have just wasted it. 

All his talk of having the best team in the league mentally, physically, technically and tactically. What a fucking crock of shite. We must be among the worst in all departments. 

And then his talk of having "synergy" between the players/team and the fans. We're as far away from that as I can ever remember. 

He quite simply needs to be sacked because everyone knows he's not turning this situation around, it just isn't going to happen. There is not one single argument that can be made to say he is doing a good job or that there are positives in what he's doing or that any improvements are being made. 

No point delaying the inevitable, he must go. 

If he is sacked….who do we try to get to replace him?. 
Do we go back for Gerrard..? 
Do we go for MacInnes 
Do we go back for Lampard..? Or Muscat ..?

Genuine question troops….what do we do..?

Sacking him might be the easy bit…..but do we trust the board to get it right in picking his replacement..? 

Personally I wouldn’t go for Lampard, or Muscat, but what do I know.

6 minutes ago, Trialist said:

Do we go for MacInnes 

Sacking him might be the easy bit…..but do we trust the board to get it right in picking his replacement..? 

I'd go for muscat myself. I don't see Clement lasting much longer especially if he loses to Aberdeen soon. That's a 9 point gap before Halloween.

Muscat contract at his current club is up next month. Making a move potentially easier if he's interested. 

He plays a very attack minded style. Something we need in a new manager imo. We've had more than enough off the slow patient build up play. It doesn't work in our league when your playing 90% of the time teams that will sit back and defend.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

At the very least we should be getting commitment and passion . There was neither of them , and let's not kid ourselves -  there hasn't been for months. 

And that's down to a manager that's sticks by players that have made lethargy an art form . 

We need someone to re-enegise these players,  that won't put up with half arsed performances and knows what this club is about .

Not a popular choice in here but I'd go for Derek McInnes . The ' foreign coach ' route has rarely worked . Back to getting somebody that understands the Scottish game and knows the expectations of this club . 

Agree with everything above but don't think McInness is the man for the job.

Three mid season sackings on the bounce would be embarrassing and any board facilitating this level of failure should leave at the same time. We are in real danger of becoming an Espanyol / Barcelona or Liverpool / Everton scenario. It would be easy to sack the current manager and hope for improvement but the evidence would suggest that it doesn't work long term. People will point at Aberdeen and the improvement they have had under new management. But how many changes of management have they undergone to find one that seems to fit. 

We are an easy target right now and the negativity that surrounds the club is toxic to any possible improvement. Even when winning games and keeping clean sheets people were complaining it's not good enough. 

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Needs to be sacked, but we also need to sort out the infrastructure above him too. Ideally we do that first and then the new team can pick their own manager, but we cannot carry on like this either way. Completely caught between a rock and a hard place.

Proper omnishambles

Out the door for me.

Never really been a fan and want any manager in that won't play this  4 2 3 1 

Someone to see our weaknesses and fix them.

Get some intensity and attacking acumen.

This league is shite treat it with that contempt and go and win it. 

Clement is spent - he can't change it- players haven't bought into it at all.

Everyone can see hoofing it long for us to challange second balls or hope a winger out jumps and powers past a fullback ain't working.

56 minutes ago, Trialist said:

Do we go for MacInnes 

I see Clement as a clown now and he’ll not take us forward 

Problem is whoever were to come in might get a bit of a bounce out of this lot but at the end of the day we are lumbered with poor, heartless, uninterested shite. 
It’ll take a long time to turn this around 

3 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Three mid season sackings on the bounce would be embarrassing and any board facilitating this level of failure should leave at the same time. We are in real danger of becoming an Espanyol / Barcelona or Liverpool / Everton scenario. It would be easy to sack the current manager and hope for improvement but the evidence would suggest that it doesn't work long term. People will point at Aberdeen and the improvement they have had under new management. But how many changes of management have they undergone to find one that seems to fit. 

We are an easy target right now and the negativity that surrounds the club is toxic to any possible improvement. Even when winning games and keeping clean sheets people were complaining it's not good enough. 

In danger of? They’ve won 19 trophies in comparison to our 3 since we got promoted back to the top flight. We already are and we have been for a long time.

It’s clear there are massive issues with Clement but the board needs sorting first. I no longer trust the current incumbents to make correct decisions, and the recent idiotic extension for Clement bears that out. Who is going to fire and hire? We’ve been looking for key positions for months now with zero movement. We have no idea about finances or long-term strategy. The whole thing is a shambles. There is absolutely no direction or standards being set whatsoever. We are just aimless and far off being a well run operation. So while I’m unhappy with Clement and a change may give a bounce I see us being in the same situation unless more definitive changes are made. 

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

McInnes for me aswell. Very rarely have we had an unsuccessful "Scottish Manager". Most of our trophies and titles have been won by home grown Managers. Let's get back to basics and build from there.