Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

280 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Our player quality is better than about 90% of this league, there is absolutely no excuse for how shite we are. The coaching is wank.

This.  We have an average squad.  Not good enough for the league but a lot better than the rest.  

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The board will be noticing the drop off in ticket sales.

10,000 x £50 tickets or 10,000 unsold Europa packages is a massive financial hit.

That will go for hospitality too.

They weren’t daft, they hoped the Spurs glamour tie would have seen ticket and hospitality packages sell.

Think they might get a surprise with Thursdays attendance, even it it’s just people on CCCS like myself not bothering to go, can see under 40k actually there on Thurs.

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

What budget, did I miss the 25/30 million Clement got in the summer to rebuild the squad?
I accept we’ve been rotten, not good enough from Clement and his players but before chasing him out the door after one year factors should be taken into account such as the mess he inherited from Beale, the players that left in the summer, the shoe string budget he’s received ( that’s what it is by Rangers standards )and being expected to improve whilst reducing the wage bill.

Love to know how the fans calling for his head can have any faith that this board will find a man who can deliver the title under the current restraints. 

That could probably be used as an excuse for winning the title yes, but there’s absolutely no excuse for how shite we are, how we can’t do the basics, key positions not addressed, same mistakes made over and over again, zero urgency or tempo to our play and literally never being able to control a game against sides with a fraction of our budget. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

2 million on Silva

4.5 on Diomande

3.6 on Bajrami

1.5 on Propper

1.5 on Igamane

500 k on Jefte

Barron (tbc)

1.5 million on Cerny

4 million on Cortes (he’s our player the loan is just to circumvent FFP

So he’s had money to spend but yet again we have spent it terribly.

He’s had a budget since he came in last November but it’s nowhere near enough to bring in the calibre of player required to compete in Europe and win the league. Finishing second wasn’t good enough and neither it should be but whoever is manager give him the funds that’ll put our squad on a level playing field.

Also when you look at that budget take into account the players that left in the summer. 
Do you really believe he was given enough to bring in the calibre of player required?

If this poll is representative of the wider fan base his days are numbered. 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think they might get a surprise with Thursdays attendance, even it it’s just people on CCCS like myself not bothering to go, can see under 40k actually there on Thurs.

I bought the package and am in two minds about it Tbh. Will get the buzz on Thursday and go am sure but it's a chore just now. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

That could probably be used as an excuse for winning the title yes, but there’s absolutely no excuse for how shite we are, how we can’t do the basics, key positions not addressed, same mistakes made over and over again, zero urgency or tempo to our play and literally never being able to control a game against sides with a fraction of our budget. 

That's one of the big things you have to do in our league to win games.

You have to steamroll the opposition, drag them all over the pitch with your pace and movement, something we were good at early on in the Gerrard reign. 

God knows how our more recent managers havent realised that in Scotland you have to win the battle first then you can play. Every team who lines up against us in Scotland, it's their biggest game of the season. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's one of the big things you have to do in our league to win games.

You have to steamroll the opposition, drag them all over the pitch with your pace and movement, something we were good at early on in the Gerrard reign. 

God knows how our more recent managers havent realised that in Scotland you have to win the battle first then you can play. Every team who lines up against us in Scotland, it's their biggest game of the season. 

We literally play walking football, it’s mind numbing boring shite, can’t remember the last time we actually controlled a game of football 

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

6 of his signings started. Several more came on. The captain most want nowhere near the team started for him again.

Who is responsible for the mentality of those above and the expectations being too weighty for this group of players?

And if it's not his fault that they're not good enough then how will he find a way to succeed given we're not likely to find increased funds for players who can handle it?

I’ve never said Clement is blameless, he’s not been good enough this season, my concern is he’s had to reduce the wage bill, watch established players leave for nothing and been given a budget since he came in which is nowhere near enough to rebuild a squad with the calibre of players required. 

I have little faith that the current board can find a man who will transform us into a title winning team under the same restrictions.

Going on past appointments have you?

2 hours ago, DeanMK said:

He probably has time as I don't reckon he gets the sack anytime soon, but unless he turns things around quickly

The only thing that could possibly get the fans back onside at this point is beating them in the LCF. 

42 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It’s not just 8 games in it’s over a year 

Not particularly but the answer is staring them in the face,  Muscat ticks all the boxes 

Does he?

He’s been successful in two jobs, those two jobs he’s took over from Postecoglu. He went to Belgium and won 2 games from 15. He took over the best team in China and is looking like he’ll finish 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I’ve never said Clement is blameless, he’s not been good enough this season, my concern is he’s had to reduce the wage bill, watch established players leave for nothing and been given a budget since he came in which is nowhere near enough to rebuild a squad with the calibre of players required. 

I have little faith that the current board can find a man who will transform us into a title winning team under the same restrictions.

Going on past appointments have you?

Our aim right now should be to build a side that will beat the rest of the league comfortably the majority of the time, it then comes down to 4 head to heads against the tarriers, we have faced sides with far bigger budgets in Europe not long ago and came out on top so this notion that’s it’s impossible to assemble a title winning side on our budget is complete nonsense and a fallacy Clement and the board have been allowed to set, Rangers are not and cannot ever be a project ffs, the way some are talking they’re happy to write off another 2/3 titles to the tarriers fuck that, what happens if we give Clement more time and all he achieves is proving himself to me the abject failure the majority now think he is? are we just to write of next season as well to give him more time? get him to fuck now before this turns anymore embarrassing. 

Our biggest problem right now, amongst many, is our lack of goals. What I would do for two up top. 

A fit Danilo & Igamane playing together has potential. 

As bad as Dessers is, he is far too isolated. We really need to get away from that set up. It's too easy to defend against.

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Does he?

He’s been successful in two jobs, those two jobs he’s took over from Postecoglu. He went to Belgium and won 2 games from 15. He took over the best team in China and is looking like he’ll finish 2nd.

Who does tick all the boxes then mate? cause let’s be honest anybody we bring in unless a rookie in their first job will have a mixture of success and failure on their record 

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Does he?

Not quite as black and white as you paint it out to be:

IMG_3102.thumb.jpeg.ab06b7090fa3884ee91fa8f4af4f748a.jpeg

with 2 games left he has got 9 more points, 29 more goals and conceded the same compared to last season, the fact they are 2nd isn’t as much down to him it’s more with the other side being better than last year. There is 1 point in it so he may still win the title and the cup

In addition Shanghai Port have spent about 1/4 of what Shanghai Shenua have spent this season on transfers

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Who does tick all the boxes then mate ? cause let’s be honest anybody we bring in unless a rookie in their first job will have a mixture of success and failure on their record 

There’s nobody who ticks all the boxes.

Ideally need a strong personality who gives off a Souness, Smith or Gerrard like aura, but we also need them to encourage attacking football, while keeping the team solid at the back.

There’s not a manager out there, at least within whatever budget we are going to be working with, who ticks all of those boxes. We will need to decide  which one of those three traits are the most important and appoint accordingly.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ideally need a strong personality who gives off a Souness, Smith or Gerrard like aura, but we also need to them encourage attacking football, while keeping the team solid at the back.

There’s not a manager out there, at least within whatever budget we are going to be working with, who ticks all of those boxes. We will need to decide  which one of those three traits are the most important and appoint accordingly.

Exactly and at this point in time it looks to me anyway like Muscat is the obvious replacement who ticks a lot of boxes and is out of contract in a few weeks 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ideally need a strong personality who gives off a Souness, Smith or Gerrard like aura, but we also need to them encourage attacking football, while keeping the team solid at the back.

The first two are the most ideal for me. We haven't defended well from the front since the Seville season. 

Defending from the front and forcing mistakes is the best form of defense in this league IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Who does tick all the boxes then mate ? cause let’s be honest anybody we bring in unless a rookie in their first job will have a mixture of success and failure on their record 

Nobody, and I doubt any name we get linked with will please everybody. Muscat’s only ‘rated’ because Postecoglu won this league.

10 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Not quite as black and white as you paint it out to be:

IMG_3102.thumb.jpeg.ab06b7090fa3884ee91fa8f4af4f748a.jpeg

with 2 games left he has got 9 more points, 29 more goals and conceded the same compared to last season, the fact they are 2nd isn’t as much down to him it’s more with the other side being better than last year. There is 1 point in it so he may still win the title and the cup

In addition Shanghai Port have spent about 1/4 of what Shanghai Shenua have spent this season on transfers

He’ll likely finish second to a team that finished 5th last season and not won the league in 20 year.

They spent money on two players and one of them was €1.2m, and a grand total of €1.4m.

7 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

The first two are the most ideal for me. We haven't defended well from the front since the Seville season. 

Defending from the front and forcing mistakes is the best form of defense in this league IMO. 

Agreed. I think we need a strong personality first and foremost. Somebody who has aura instantly installs confidence not only in the players, but in everybody around them. His results were hit and miss, but look at the lift everybody associates with the club got when Gerrard came in. The problem is, I’m not sure who’s out there that comes in and gives off a similar vibe right away.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody, and I doubt any name we get linked with will please everybody. Muscat’s only ‘rated’ because Postecoglu won this league.

He’ll likely finish second to a team that finished 5th last season and not won the league in 20 year.

They spent money on two players and one of them was €1.2m, and a grand total of €1.4m.

Aye that’s the only reason I want Muscat because of the fat tadger 🤣

I’m out 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Agreed. I think we need a strong personality first and foremost. Somebody who has aura instantly installs confidence not only in the players, but in everybody around them. His results were hit and miss, but look at the lift everybody associates with the club got when Gerrard came in. The problem is, I’m not sure who’s out there that comes in and gives off a similar vibe right away.

It ended badly, but bloody hell the lift and togetherness we all got when Gerrard came to Ibrox was something I don't think i've experienced. 

It was that proper 'celebrity' boost.