Once again Fish wins

Eric_Caldow

We are obviously not allowed to disagree with the Fish's posts so the mods close the thread.

This is a Rangers forum where we discuss everything Rangers.

Just because some of us don't like certain posts and reply to them in an manner deserving of the original post, does not give you an excuse to close a thread.

Especially when the posts in question are from someone who is obviously either a journalist looking for a story or a fan of our greatest rivals.

Think about it.

It's not rocket science.

Picture this:-

A Bluenose going on a mhank website,

He types everything in green, shouts "Up the RA" in almost every post.

Calls every one of our players donkeys except Zurawski and delights in telling everyone who is a member of the site that they "have their heid in the sand".

What do you think the reaction would be on that website?

I rest my case.

Just to note, the thread was not closed because someone disagreed, it was the slagging match which seems to be happening every second thread which nvager made quite clear when closing it.

THEFISH's views are contraversial, no doubt, but if you disagree then there is a constructive way to go about it, not by getting personal.

Quite frankly, I am pissed off at the amount of threads turning out the way the Ferguson one did.

I think it is fair to say though that if someone new came on with the name 'Borucs da Bollox' or something and said exactly the same things fish does, he wouldnt last 10 mins, so I can see where frustrations are developing here.

Just to note, the thread was not closed because someone disagreed, it was the slagging match which seems to be happening every second thread which nvager made quite clear when closing it.

THEFISH's views are contraversial, no doubt, but if you disagree then there is a constructive way to go about it, not by getting personal.

Quite frankly, I am pissed off at the amount of threads turning out the way the Ferguson one did.

Then tell me how to go about getting that freak off of this board.

I am sick of the latitude this prick gets on here.

There are members who are afraid to post anything on here because this guy insults anyone who has an opinion. FFS

There are members who are afraid to post anything on here because this guy insults anyone who has an opinion. FFS

I had intended to not comment on this thread but I think the above quote might be true and may well be worrying if so.

I am sick of the latitude this prick gets on here.

I would suggest contacting Admin if you have any concerns about members.

Also breaking the rules by calling him pricks, etc, will not do you any favours.

It is possible to block posts from different members

This is also good advice.

My Controls > Manage Ignored Users > Type in his name.

In my personal opinion this seems similar to the Albahighlander situation, and I personally had lots of arguments with him. I believe he eventually got banned, although I have no idea, because I actually stopped using this site for a long period because I seemed to get warned constantly and have threads closed for arguing with him and I felt as if my opinions were being stifled.

I came back eventually and have enjoyed the site more to a certain extent. The Moderation on here however is not fair. I am told no sweraing whatsoever is allowed, but I see Mods and Admins swearing, or sweraing in abbreviation all the time. No consistency. And there lies the biggest problem. It's not one rule for all.

I have also seen threads where The Fish has slagged people, perhaps claimed they do not support Rangers, or has called them an offensive name; those people have then responded and they seem to be the ones gettig warned. That makes no sense to me. But I am but a lowly occasional poster, what would I know doh

Accepting that Fish is a Gers man can sometimes strain one's creditability. And the general level of discussion ithat he brings is not to my own personal liking.

But I think it most infuriates other posters (and me) that his ongoing tenor is one of negativity/insult towards so many of players and also SDM.

But the general low level of contribution is enlivened by the big blue bold letters of his posts and of course the "No Surrender etc etc". However will these sterling credentials always guarantee the Fish an unbridled licence to post on this forum?

Who knows? but maybe the guy just can't do any better, maybe for Fish this is as good as it gets.

Caldow, you're as bad thefish in my opinion. You bait him all the time and he rises to it.

I'm as bad as Fish?

Ha, you're giving your age away son.

Go and learn something about life, mate.

You sit and read what this guy posts and you agree with it?

FFS You're a mod on here and obviously sit back and watch while he insults our players and manager which I'm sure you agree with. (not)

So, why then do you persist in backing this clown?

Oh I bait him, of course, any Rangers fan should want to know why he is so anti-Rangers. doh

I am told no sweraing whatsoever is allowed, but I see Mods and Admins swearing, or sweraing in abbreviation all the time. No consistency. And there lies the biggest problem. It's not one rule for all.

Personally, I think Gowser is overstating this factor. What I mean is I think the swearing rule is more so for abusive language then say Muffger saying that Papac is shite.

I have also seen threads where The Fish has slagged people, perhaps claimed they do not support Rangers, or has called them an offensive name; those people have then responded and they seem to be the ones gettig warned. That makes no sense to me. But I am but a lowly occasional poster, what would I know f_doh.gif

I don't think this happens a helluva alot tbh but it does happen, yes the claim of not supporting Rangers but this will always be the case for Fish - not defending him but its a fact unfortunately.

I said to myself I wouldn't comment in this thread doh

We are obviously not allowed to disagree with the Fish's posts so the mods close the thread.

Just because some of us don't like certain posts and reply to them in an manner deserving of the original post, does not give you an excuse to close a thread.

Especially when the posts in question are from someone who is obviously either a journalist looking for a story or a fan of our greatest rivals.

Think about it.

It's not rocket science.

Calls every one of our players donkeys except Zurawski and delights in telling everyone who is a member of the site that they "have their heid in the sand".

I rest my case.

... and what makes you think that you are above suspicion, after all if I were going on a tim web site I would probably choose a name of a well loved septic player from the past

I am told no sweraing whatsoever is allowed, but I see Mods and Admins swearing, or sweraing in abbreviation all the time. No consistency. And there lies the biggest problem. It's not one rule for all.

Personally, I think Gowser is overstating this factor. What I mean is I think the swearing rule is more so for abusive language then say Muffger saying that Papac is shite.

I have also seen threads where The Fish has slagged people, perhaps claimed they do not support Rangers, or has called them an offensive name; those people have then responded and they seem to be the ones gettig warned. That makes no sense to me. But I am but a lowly occasional poster, what would I know f_doh.gif

I don't think this happens a helluva alot tbh but it does happen, yes the claim of not supporting Rangers but this will always be the case for Fish - defending him but its a fact.

As for you thinking I have overstated the swearing factor, check out this link to a topic I started last weekend, Nvager says no verions of the "F" word "period", but since I have seen him giving variations the thumbs up; hence my point.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35182

So it's either period, as he made out to me, or just when being abusive, and how can you tell the difference anyway?

:rolleyes:

I don't mean to single him out, but I started that topic as a laugh and he got all serious on me with that reply. When I read the forum the rest of the week, what am I meant to think. Rules for one group, rules for the other. :barf:

I really don't understand any of this stuff with the fish anymore - its, as far as i can see, the biggest wind up by a tim ever. But probably just because he fits himself in a little clique of "older Rangers fan" i.e. spouts lines like " back in the day" no one will ban him.

A poster who admittedly doesnt go to game, drags the name of Rangers in a mud and constantly insults Rangers supports, players, and staff - again, for the 1,000,000th time - why not ban a blatant wind up merchent?

I really don't understand any of this stuff with the fish anymore - its, as far as i can see, the biggest wind up by a tim ever. But probably just because he fits himself in a little clique of "older Rangers fan" i.e. spouts lines like " back in the day" no one will ban him.

A poster who admittedly doesnt go to game, drags the name of Rangers in a mud and constantly insults Rangers supports, players, and staff - again, for the 1,000,000th time - why not ban a blatant wind up merchent?

(tu)

Spot on mate. For some reason though they believe the biggest Gers slagger on this board to the biggest Gers fan. I don't get it either. Maybe the mods think it makes the boards more entertaining with an "enemy" on board :lol:

Think about it.

It's not rocket science.

I rest my case.

... and what makes you think that you are above suspicion, after all if I were going on a tim web site I would probably choose a name of a well loved septic player from the past

Point out one post where I have ever insulted Rangers or the players or the management. (Apart from the Hemdani one):lol:

You on the other hand are well known for your criticism of the management. However, I would class you as a concerned fan rather than an imposter.

I have only one problem (well maybe only one :lol:) with this forum. The Fish

I am quite happy to meet you (via PM) and prove that I am who I say I am.

I have also seen threads where The Fish has slagged people, perhaps claimed they do not support Rangers, or has called them an offensive name; those people have then responded and they seem to be the ones gettig warned. That makes no sense to me. But I am but a lowly occasional poster, what would I know doh

No one actually knows what we do with regards to warnings against members of the forum. The only people who know are the ones doing the warning and the ones getting said warning.

So it is a bit unfair to suggest that anyone who says something against the fish is being warned.

Nothing anyone says on these threads goes un-noticed and if you like you are allowed to complain to the admin team about any member of the board. You also have the ability to block any member of the board

Im with them my very first post The fush started on me cause i siad i was also a liverpool fan.

Lets face it he is here for one thing and thats to bam folk up %90 of his post are rubbish and after a while u do get bored of it and P***ed off with him.

Then why are you still talkin about him ? :sherlock:

No one actually knows what we do with regards to warnings against members of the forum. The only people who know are the ones doing the warning and the ones getting said warning.

So it is a bit unfair to suggest that anyone who says something against the fish is being warned.

Nothing anyone says on these threads goes un-noticed and if you like you are allowed to complain to the admin team about any member of the board. You also have the ability to block any member of the board

I have only ever been warned publically i.e. not by PM, but within the thread; I have never seen that happen to THE FISH, so I would therefore presume he has never been warned. If he has been warned by PM, does that suggest favouritism? After all, everyone else is given a public humilation!!!