* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

16 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

But they will now strengthen, which will make it harder for us

I don't think they will strengthen, certainly not to the extent some think, and as mentioned I think a lot of money is already going on Brenda, Toure, Sinclair and Dembele.

They've signed a keeper so they won't sign another. I don't they'll sign another LB because of this so called wonderkid. They have about 40 CBs and I reckon he'll stick with Lustig and bizarrely Janko as cover for. Legoheid will play mid alongside Rogic and they all love Sinclair, naeneck and Roberts as their wingers. I think they'd struggle to replace the thumb but if they buy another striker it could rock the thumbs boat! I don't think their squad is nearly good enough but I think a lot of them think it is, certainly their first 11. If they add I genuinely think it will just be squad players and nothing too significant IMO......

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A know they're shite mate, Barton tweets and talks about them way too much, will end up making himself look like a fanny if they do beat us, he's also not been very good.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt bud. Think he's been ok but have a gut feelin he'll be a standout against they cunts. No surrender ma man :uk:

Barton is just a wind up merchant, he's never going to change, we know who we signed.

I personally don't see a problem with it, he does punditry as well so he comments on a lot of other football games

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I don't think they will strengthen, certainly not to the extent some think, and as mentioned I think a lot of money is already going on Brenda, Toure, Sinclair and Dembele.

They've signed a keeper so they won't sign another. I don't they'll sign another LB because of this so called wonderkid. They have about 40 CBs and I reckon he'll stick with Lustig and bizarrely Janko as cover for. Legoheid will play mid alongside Rogic and they all love Sinclair, naeneck and Roberts as their wingers. I think they'd struggle to replace the thumb but if they but another striker it could rock the thumbs boat! I don't think their squad is nearly good enough but I think a lot of them think it is, certainly their first 11. If they add I genuinely think it will just be squad players and nothing too significant IMO......

Liverpool will be paying some of brendas wages, maybe eufa will dock them a goal for all their shite

3 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Depends how much their manager is given and how wisely he spends it. My guess is its already been outlayed on their manager, player wage bill and Sinclair. No denying they are better off now but I doubt it will mean a massive difference on the pitch this season.

They won't need to downsize which will allow them to dominate Scottish football, I'd imagine Brenda will get a replacement for Broon, he's not up to European football.

4 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

All his tweets about them and various interviews, it's nice that he dislikes them but he should shut up until after the OF

He should wait until after that game to say they are jammy bastards? They are jammy bastards.

Just now, Moobs said:

I'll give him the benefit of doubt bud. Think he's been ok but have a gut feelin he'll be a standout against they cunts. No surrender ma man :uk:

I think once the gaffer knows the best team to put out and we get the defence sorted Barton is gonna shine. 

We might nat have had the best start, but I dont think thats anything to do with Barton's performances.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They won't need to downsize which will allow them to dominate Scottish football, I'd imagine Brenda will get a replacement for Broon, he's not up to European football.

With CL football on offer and a recognised manager, the players they will attract will be better than the last few years.

them going through tonight was a disaster for us tbh. Had we not fucked up the SC final and got into Europa league not so bad, but we didn't. Massive pressure on our board to deliver on some promises 

That's another thing Brenda said today on Radio 5, that septic were not only great but they play with a team the majority of which are Scots.

That's taking the stupid Irishman stereo type a wee bit too far Brenda.

Just now, wearethepeople1 said:

With CL football on offer and a recognised manager, the players they will attract will be better than the last few years.

them going through tonight was a disaster for us tbh. Had we not fucked up the SC final and got into Europa league not so bad, but we didn't. Massive pressure on our board to deliver on some promises 

Don't forget that's the old firm back on the tables too. The worlds greatest rivalry. 

That'll be an attraction too. 

7 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Barton is saying what we are all thinking. 

Don't know why anyone is bashing him :lol: Good on him for having a mouth (or fingers, however you wanna look at it) it's something I quite like to see. 

Also he's calling bullshit before the tims whitewash as being a VALIANT and BRAVE effort, when in fact they played as if they were Alloa playing against us. 

Agreed. I don't particularly care what Barton or any player says to be honest outside of reference to our club. Sometimes I will agree, sometimes I won't but I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. They're grown men simply expressing an opinion. If he ends up with egg on his face i'm sure he's big enough and ugly enough to deal with it.

On the flipside if he's not performing for us, which is the only relevant aspect in all of this he'll soon find out the fans won't be shy in letting him know. So far, whilst he's not reached the heights of last season that he set at Burnley, I think he's been okay thus far with glimpses of brilliance but also glimpses of rustiness and slackness. He's certainly not been shite and will go on to play an integral role in our season IMO......

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

They've signed a keeper so they won't sign another. I don't they'll sign another LB because of this so called wonderkid. They have about 40 CBs and I reckon he'll stick with Lustig and bizarrely Janko as cover for. Legoheid will play mid alongside Rogic and they all love Sinclair, naeneck and Roberts as their wingers. I think they'd struggle to replace the thumb but if they but another striker it could rock the thumbs boat! I don't think their squad is nearly good enough but I think a lot of them think it is, certainly their first 11. If they add I genuinely think it will just be squad players and nothing too significant IMO......

Think you have nailed it here mate:541:

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

On the flipside if he's not performing for us, which is the only relevant aspect in all of this he'll soon find out the fans won't be shy in letting him know. So far, whilst he's not reached the heights of last season that he set at Burnley, I think he's been okay thus far with glimpses of brilliance but also glimpses of rustiness and slackness. He's certainly not been shite and will go on to play an integral role in our season IMO.....

He'll find his place soon enough, his greatest benefit for us is being able to get free kicks and force errors. He can also do some great tackles off the ball. 

Barton also just passes the ball, he doesn't run with it much and doesn't do anything fancy. Knows what man he's passing it too before getting the ball, gets the ball and passes it. Which I can appreciate, just a good bit of directness and as we've seen with Niko, it's a huge benefit.  

He does have some proving to do, but I think we'll see a bit of brilliance (or horror) at the old firm. People know he's a wind up merchant and will happily take shots at him, thus giving us free kicks. We keep possession and so on. 

3 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I dont disagree mate. But there's not a chance the board will do anything in direct reaction to this. I dont even think Warburton would either anyway. Freebie centre half (likely Senderos) and thats us i think. 

Just now, BF2 said:

Think folk need to calm down a bit here. The majority of that money will be going towards Brenda's and the players' wages. We are not fucked at all.

And even if it did, they whacked 4 mil on Sinclair ffs :lol: its no as if they are going to get a team full of superstars 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

get a win on Friday and let McInnes do his thing on Saturday

Celtic Aberdeen on Saturday is it? Good game for us. Let's sweep Killie aside and make a statement. 

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I think Brenda, the taigs and the media genuinely think legoheid is some sort of Stevie G/Roy Keane character. Strange, bizarre, delusional, mental I know but I genuinely get that impression. They won't replace him, not in a million years, which I find fucking hilarious!

7 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Jesus wept, calm it down.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think Brenda, the taigs and the media genuinely think legoheid is some sort of Stevie G/Roy Keane character. Strange, bizarre, delusional, mental I know but I genuinely get that impression. They won't replace him, not in a million years, which I find fucking hilarious!

I hope he's in their team for a long time, hope he gets dropped for Europe though as I dont want him to overtake Fergie's European appearance record

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

get a win on Friday and let McInnes do his thing on Saturday

This weekend, already, is huge. We could be 4 clear come Friday night. Taigs will be fucked from tonight and the sheep could absolutely give them a scare. Without getting ahead of myself we could be going into the old firm game looking to go 6/7 clear. It won't be easy but we've got to be positive, optimistic and believe. Get these cunts under pressure, early. They can't handle it.........

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

I dont disagree mate. But there's not a chance the board will do anything in direct reaction to this. I dont even think Warburton would either anyway. Freebie centre half (likely Senderos) and thats us i think. 

I'm no says we go and spend a fortune in the next week. 

But King has to invest in this squad before the end of this window and in the next. I think he would be happy with second this year, and I reckon that is where we will finish, so fair enough, but next summer he will have to put on a few bob to get us a team that can challenge that mob. If they qualify for this again next season then they can just building and building and it makes it harder for us. Look at our 9 in a row era. Exactly what we done to them. 

Archived