* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a stupid rule though, its the most logical way of applying the rule, your judgement on this is being clouded by who has benefitted from it, hopefully after the tims get pumpfrsted tomorrow you'll see that

I believe that having to register the players for that squad even though they can't play is a stupid rule. I really don't care who benefitted from it. Football is no longer won on the pitch thanks to a rule that needs a bit of a rethink. We won't agree so be it.

I believe that having to register the players for that squad even though they can't play is a stupid rule. I really don't care who benefitted from it. Football is no longer won on the pitch thanks to a rule that needs a bit of a rethink. We won't agree so be it.

Well it was a technical admin error that got Legia kicked out not the football so I would agree with your statement. As for the rules I I understand this rule has only recently been introduced so you would think there would be some sort of understanding but this wasnt the case. It was rules are rules if this was Barc and Legia I would bet they still be in the completion and scum would be out.

You have to be registered though or else whats the point in a suspension, like I said, if he didn't need to be registered then his "suspension" would have just been played out in the remainder of last Seasons European competition.

I think you're being disingenuous when you say you don't care who benefitted from it, I think the very reason that mob benefitted from it is the reason you wont see it from UEFA's poibt of view and only Legia's

You have to be registered though or else whats the point in a suspension, like I said, if he didn't need to be registered then his "suspension" would have just been played out in the remainder of last Seasons European competition.

I think you're being disingenuous when you say you don't care who benefitted from it, I think the very reason that mob benefitted from it is the reason you wont see it from UEFA's poibt of view and only Legia's

Each squad for a game has a limited number of players, yes? The suspended player means a weakened squad, why punish the team twice, once for the playerand the fact the squad is reduced by the suspension. It does not make sense to me. Then again you seem to believe you can read my mind so you tell me why I don't understand it.

In fact don't bother, you have rather arrogant opinion that you function at a higher plane to me when you know jack shit about me. Have a good day and don't bother your arse replying.

Each squad for a game has a limited number of players, yes? The suspended player means a weakened squad, why punish the team twice, once for the playerand the fact the squad is reduced by the suspension. It does not make sense to me. Then again you seem to believe you can read my mind so you tell me why I don't understand it.

In fact don't bother, you have rather arrogant opinion that you function at a higher plane to me when you know jack shit about me. Have a good day and don't bother your arse replying.

quite ironic you call anyone arrogant when you clearly went out of yournway to avoid my point after wrongly accusing me of being wrong, then when you did finally come back on the thread you choose to completely ignore the point just to start all this back up again, its fucking cringey and the ghuests will be loving the faux outrage being shown

The Rules of the Scottish Professional Football League

G14 Each Club shall play its full strength team in all League Matches and Play-Off

Matches.

J16 Upon determining that a breach of or failure to fulfil the Rules or Regulations has

been established, the Board or, as the case may be, a Commission may:-

J16.1 give a warning as to future conduct;

J16.2 give a reprimand;

J16.3 impose a fine;

J16.4 annul the result of an Official Match;

J16.5 order that an Official Match be replayed;

J16.6 impose a deduction of points;

J16.7 award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate)

to a Club;

J16.8 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;

J16.9 order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such

purposes as it thinks appropriate;

J16.10 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it

thinks appropriate;

J16.11 order the relegation of a Club to a lower Division and make such

consequent orders as to promotion as it shall think appropriate;

J16.12 subject to Rule J18, order that a Club be expelled from the League;

J16.13 withdraw or withhold the award of a title or award;

J16.14 order any Club, Official or Player to pay compensation to any Club, Player,

person or party;

J16.15 order any Club, Official or Player to comply with any obligation or

direction;

J16.16 cancel or refuse the Registration of any Player Registered or attempted to

be Registered;

J16.17 order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players for such

period as it thinks appropriate;

J16.18 order that any person, persons or group of persons be prohibited from

attending at such Official Match or Matches and for such period as it

thinks appropriate; 80

J16.19 make such other direction, sanction or disposal, not expressly provided for

in these Rules, as it shall think appropriate; and/or

J16.20 make such order as to expenses, including the expenses of the Board

and/or, as the case may be, Commission and/or other party, as it thinks

appropriate.

It is clear that Celtic FC committed a breach of the Rules of the Scottish Professional Football League, specifically, rule G14, by failing to play a full strength team v ICT.

To date, it appears that the SPFL have taken no action, applied any sanction or made any disposal with regards to this breach.

The SPFL, by its own rules, may apply one or more of the sanctions listed above. NB the option of not applying any sanction does not exist.

Just wondering when we will hear what sanctions have been applied?

The Rules of the Scottish Professional Football League

G14 Each Club shall play its full strength team in all League Matches and Play-Off

Matches.

J16 Upon determining that a breach of or failure to fulfil the Rules or Regulations has

been established, the Board or, as the case may be, a Commission may:-

J16.1 give a warning as to future conduct;

J16.2 give a reprimand;

J16.3 impose a fine;

J16.4 annul the result of an Official Match;

J16.5 order that an Official Match be replayed;

J16.6 impose a deduction of points;

J16.7 award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate)

to a Club;

J16.8 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;

J16.9 order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such

purposes as it thinks appropriate;

J16.10 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it

thinks appropriate;

J16.11 order the relegation of a Club to a lower Division and make such

consequent orders as to promotion as it shall think appropriate;

J16.12 subject to Rule J18, order that a Club be expelled from the League;

J16.13 withdraw or withhold the award of a title or award;

J16.14 order any Club, Official or Player to pay compensation to any Club, Player,

person or party;

J16.15 order any Club, Official or Player to comply with any obligation or

direction;

J16.16 cancel or refuse the Registration of any Player Registered or attempted to

be Registered;

J16.17 order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players for such

period as it thinks appropriate;

J16.18 order that any person, persons or group of persons be prohibited from

attending at such Official Match or Matches and for such period as it

thinks appropriate; 80

J16.19 make such other direction, sanction or disposal, not expressly provided for

in these Rules, as it shall think appropriate; and/or

J16.20 make such order as to expenses, including the expenses of the Board

and/or, as the case may be, Commission and/or other party, as it thinks

appropriate.

It is clear that Celtic FC committed a breach of the Rules of the Scottish Professional Football League, specifically, rule G14, by failing to play a full strength team v ICT.

To date, it appears that the SPFL have taken no action, applied any sanction or made any disposal with regards to this breach.

The SPFL, by its own rules, may apply one or more of the sanctions listed above. NB the option of not applying any sanction does not exist.

Just wondering when we will hear what sanctions have been applied?

Ah what you dont see is clause G14A which stated that septic are exempted from this ruling and if they are put out of a cup by a so called diddy team they will reinstated as an admin error will be found.

I cant believe you missed that?

Who determins what is and isn't full strength? Commons scored 30 odd goals last year and was the Country's Player of the Year, Grifffiths scored about 50 goals in the last two years with Wolves and Hibs, Ambrose was at the World Cup, Pukki was last years "blue chipper" only signed after they qualified for the Champions League - were they not shouting about the Israelie boy being "the new gerrard" :lol:

Who determins what is and isn't full strength? Commons scored 30 odd goals last year and was the Country's Player of the Year, Grifffiths scored about 50 goals in the last two years with Wolves and Hibs, Ambrose was at the World Cup, Pukki was last years "blue chipper" only signed after they qualified for the Champions League - were they not shouting about the Israelie boy being "the new gerrard" :lol:

Rules are rules, but I still think that it should always be up to the manager to decide on what team he puts out. Why should outsiders decide on which players have been performing/not performing in training or what players are suited/not suited to the different tactics applied to different games?

Come on now.. we are better than this!

I must be one of the few to agree with their manager.

It's something we should have done leading up to the UEFA Cup final, fuck the league trophy, that can be won any year and normally was!

Europe is where the elite are.

We moan when Ally doesn't rest players then slate the tims for doing it to progress into the group stages.

Would be a disgrace if they are fined or face sanctions for this, I hope we would do the same if we were in their position.

barrymorrison1 - "Nothing will happen. Dungcaster is already came out and said £1 million is granted to the premiership teams if the tar layers make the CL group stages. He won't hammer them now."

Don't often listen to Radio Scotland on a Saturday, but the were pushing this point of "everybody wins" for all it was worth at the weekend. It came across as an exercise in trying to make an excuse for the "turn a blind eye" that has been going on by the football authorities where c****c are have been concerned for years.

The fact is they did not fall foul of an administrative error at the weekend they deliberately broke the rules by fielding an understrength side in a competitive game. They were quite happy to go along with the "rules are the rules" mantra when it benefited them, well now they must be fined or docked 3 pints as they deliberately broke the rules.

This (tu)

Unsurprisingly though, Quinn is obsessed with Celtic.

Archived