* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

After the Imps game Brenda said in an interview how the game... "died down in the second half cause the players were tired..."

How can a team of "professionals" tire against a pub team at the start of the season?

Cant wait until the first OF game since we seem to continue running until the 90th minute... Miller was still running at 90 last night into the ES box... and wee Barrie was still running back to our box to cover.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

After the Imps game Brenda said in an interview how the game... "died down in the second half cause the players were tired..."

How can a team of "professionals" tire against a pub team at the start of the season?

Cant wait until the first OF game since we seem to continue running until the 90th minute... Miller was still running at 90 last night into the ES box... and wee Barrie was still running back to our box to cover.

He's only 36 fs

Mahrez really is a different level. Vardy, Kante and a few others, deservedly received a lot of praise for what they achieved last season however Mahrez is on another level. Vardy and Kante, as great as they are/were are replaceable to an extent. They may not be as good but you can find fast, hard working strikers and you can also find players similar in style to Kante. But there aren't many who can do what Mahrez can. A truly wonderful talent.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Agree in what your saying, but at the same time disagree about Kante. I don't think there is many similar players to him around these days, especially not to the level he showed last season.

I agree that, in terms of last year Kante, in that role was up there with the very best. He had a career defining season if you like but I do think there are many players like him, possibly not just as good. However I think you can get by with a lesser version of Kante in your team, and as such I think you can replace him. Mahrez though is irreplaceable IMO. He makes things happen every time. If he goes they will struggle big time. He's the difference between them having another big season or struggling to make top 10 IMO. I think he is that important to them.........

13 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Haha complaining of tiredness and the season has barely started :lol:

Archived