John Fleck On Loan

GrandSuckMaster

Does everyone think this would be a good or bad idea? If he went on loan to a first or second divison team, he may get experience and it will certainly toughen him up. However, i think he would become a target for lower league players and may end up injured or pick up bad habits. What does everyone think?

Stays at Ibrox.

In days of yore young sensations like W Henderson and DJ were given their first team debuts at a young age. The older players "looked after" them and they flourished. This is still possible today. Someone should tell WS.

Stays at Ibrox.

In days of yore young sensations like W Henderson and DJ were given their first team debuts at a young age. The older players "looked after" them and they flourished. This is still possible today. Someone should tell WS.

My thoughts exactly, DJ was the name that popped into my head. (tu)

I'd like to see Walter call on some of our youth talent. Although, 'it' ain't really broke at the moment.

EDIT - 'it' being the team ^_^

The boy is only 16, I think.

It may be a good few years before he is ready to play first team football regularly.

We don't want to burn him out at an early age.

The boy is only 16, I think.

It may be a good few years before he is ready to play first team football regularly.

We don't want to burn him out at an early age.

Agreed.

He can only play 1st team football at ANY level when physically strong enough. Having some lower league thug kicking shit out of a teenage boy doesnt appeal to me.

Stays at Ibrox.

In the fifties and sixties lots of youngster were first team regulars in their teens AND, as nvager will vouch,it was a far more physical game then. Defenders wouild not hold back from launching small tricky winger feet in the air and yards onto the ash running tracks.

Bad idea to send him out on loan.

He should be in the Rangers first team squad right now, Never mind looking to go to a lower league team.

If you are good enough, You are old enough and he is definately good enough.

15 minutes here and there, Building up to 45 minutes.

He has a lot to offer, But playing alongside Barry Ferguson will do him the world of good.

Nope (td)

No better training facilities in the country, than at Murray Park.

Its not training that he needs, it's competative games & you only get that by playing in the 1st squad, either for us & for another team.

Personally, i see no harm in sending him out to somehwere like Hamilton, who are more than happy to blood young players. What about St Mirren, they would bite your hand off & he would play in the first team (as long as he couldn't play against us of course)

I wouldn't let him go at this stage.

However, if he isn't playing more competitive football (ir first team) by next Xmas, I'd certainly like to think the management will consider his match development elsewhere.

Problem with that though is two fold:

1. He's a lucrative asset and allowing him to play elsewhere could cause problems.

2. We wouldn't have direct control over his day-to-day training which could halt his development.

John Fleck is one of those individuals who should never be shipped out on loan, he just has too much ability for that, and to be honest I think he could do a job in the first team as it stands.

We need to keep him here to protect him and to ensure he develops properly, as I've said before if we tie the league up with a few games to spare then I think he will get some time on the pitch, next season he should get even more experience, and I think the season after that, irrespective of his age he will be a first team pick week in week out, he just appears to be that good.

[Personally, i see no harm in sending him out to somehwere like Hamilton

Good point. I think Hamilton or Dundee would be ideal for him. Alex Rae would look after him at Dundee and Hamilton seem to have a good record coaching youngsters

id be a bit worried about hamiltons plastic pitch!!!

[Personally, i see no harm in sending him out to somehwere like Hamilton

Good point. I think Hamilton or Dundee would be ideal for him. Alex Rae would look after him at Dundee and Hamilton seem to have a good record coaching youngsters

id be a bit worried about hamiltons plastic pitch!!!

Murray park is full of plastic pitches (as well as proper grass ) which i am sure he has trained on many times & it's done him no harm uptil now.