Christian Dailly

OlegKuznetsov

CHRISTIAN DAILLY'S shock loan move to Rangers is back ON after the West Ham defender today held talks with the Ibrox management.

The 34-year-old Scotland man had initially intimated that he was not keen on moving back to Scotland for family reasons after he was approached yesterday.

But SportTimes can reveal that Dailly had a re-think this morning and a deal that would see him join on a five-month loan until the end of the season could now be struck.

Why would he move here not to play when he can stay with his family and not get a game at West Ham?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHRISTIAN DAILLY'S shock loan move to Rangers is back ON after the West Ham defender today held talks with the Ibrox management.

The 34-year-old Scotland man had initially intimated that he was not keen on moving back to Scotland for family reasons after he was approached yesterday.

But SportTimes can reveal that Dailly had a re-think this morning and a deal that would see him join on a five-month loan until the end of the season could now be struck.

Bollox.

However if he appears in a Rangers shirt I shall set aside the fact that I do not rate him and back him 100% as it is the jersey I support not the man.

WATP

hopefully that is the end of the christian dailly saga,surely there must be someone in our reserves more talented than him;what about kirk broadfoot for instance.

cant say that i'm confident in andy webster remaining fit either. :blink:

:7996:

Rangers boss Walter Smith has distanced himself from reports linking Christian Dailly with a loan move to Ibrox.

BBC Sport understands Rangers approached West Ham with a view to taking the Scotland defender.

But Smith said: "I think it's premature in the sense that, with Ugo Ehiogu leaving, people are putting two and two together and thinking we need cover.

"Andy Webster and Steven Smith are returning. If we lost anyone we'd maybe look at bringing someone else in."

Central defender Ehiogu has left Rangers to join Sheffield United, having featured just once this season.

David Weir and Carlos Cuellar are the established centre-half pairing at Ibrox, while Sasa Papac and Kirk Broadfoot could also step in, along with the injury-plagued Webster.

Dailly, 34, joined West Ham in 2001, but spent the first part of this season on loan after finding his opportunities limited at Upton Park.

Capped 66 times for his country, he has returned to West Ham following a spell at Southampton.

The defender started his career with Dundee United before switching to Derby County in 1996.

After two seasons with the Rams he moved to Blackburn Rovers in a £5.5m deal.

BBC Sport

I was mega sad when i read he was linked to us as it just proves what level we are at, or people think we are at.

I'd rather have a pissed up Steven Hawkins than that wanker.

surely no , dailly is pish. don't know if it's cover with ugo going to the blades, hope no. give webster a chance.

Webster is a crock and a liability, so that makes him a slightly better choice than Dailly.

This will no doubt cause a lot of unrest, particularly with Hutton leaving.

But for me, it's a sensible enough move. He adds a bit of extra depth to the squad. Ehiogu has left, and Webster and Smith can't be relied upon.

Bringing in Dailly will not affect any other moves Smith will be trying to make, and I think that should be remembered. It's not a deal that will do us any harm, and to be honest, I think Dailly would do a decent job for us in the SPL if called upon.