Martin Bain

Muff

No January Exit Clause For Cousin

CHIEF Executive Martin Bain has insisted that there is no exit clause for Daniel Cousin to leave Rangers in January.

Weekend speculation suggested that Middlesbrough were ready to tempt the Gabonese striker to the Premiership in the New Year under terms of his contract which allow him to leave.

Martin Bain has revealed that there is no clause allowing the £1million signing from Lens to go in two months' time but he did say that Cousin can be sold next summer - if the price is right.

Cousin has bagged six goals for Rangers so far this season, including a superb strike in the wonderful 3-0 win over Lyon in the Stade Gerland.

The chief executive said: "I am disappointed that someone has chosen to bring into the public domain details of a contractual agreement with a player.

"There is an exit clause in Daniel's contract but it cannot take effect until the end of the season."

Speaking to the Daily Mail, he added: "And the fee required under the terms of the deal is £3m."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1166649,00.html

Like to hear your take on this Mr Bain. Time for you to f*ck off!

We don't know who is telling the truth, Bain or Cousin's agent, either way if a team came in for a bid of £3 million for Cousin we would be foolish not to let him speak to that particular club, as we (for once) will have made a decent profit on a player who is 30/31 years old.

Is there anything that says that we are selling now only because of this clause?

Maybe we accepted because of what we would have had to accept come the summer anyway...

Exactly! Walter will simply go to plan "B" now. (tu)

Yes Bain denied the talk of a clause in his contract, but plenty of managers and cheilf executives world wide do this...it's called trying to look after your assets.

Bain has played a significant role in us making a 2.25 million pound profit on a player who did a good job for us and at 31 is coming to the tail end of his career.

Yet some would still rather look at the negatives and slate him for not coming out and admiting to this clause.

I don't think it's reasonable to have a go at Bain for this.

£3mil is THE BEST offer we could get, simply because it's his release fee. No-one would offer more than that, because they wouldn't have to.

Getting it now when Cousin's at top form, while giving us time to use the money in the transfer window is a good move from the men upstairs IMO.

I am sure those Bain comments were attributed a few months back when the story broke about Cousin's get out clause.

IMO a good profit margin for a guy that;

1) - is 30 years old

2) - Flattered to deceive at times and

3) - Did not want to play for Rangers and would rather go to shit like Fulham,

Well good riddance, prick.

Of course, who's to say that there was a get out clause, possibly Fulham just bid the money that Rangers wanted .... get out clause or not.

(I don't believe it .... but what if ??)

This time i can't slag off Bain tbh.

I think we wanted to keep Cousin till the end of the season and when McLies "leaked" his release clause we said it wasn't activated till the Summer so we don't lose any key players during the Season. McLies therefore can't come out and say otherwise and show himself to be the one who leaked the release clause in the first place. ;)

Yes Bain denied the talk of a clause in his contract, but plenty of managers and cheilf executives world wide do this...it's called trying to look after your assets.

Bain has played a significant role in us making a 2.25 million pound profit on a player who did a good job for us and at 31 is coming to the tail end of his career.

Yet some would still rather look at the negatives and slate him for not coming out and admiting to this clause.

Good post (tu)

And it still hasn't been confirmed that there is a clause in this window. It may just be that we have accepted the £3m offer, which is fair enough.