Well done Kirk Broadfoot.

JR

Im not a fan of his as Ive made clear since he signed for us - I will still always verbally lambast his inclusion at Left Back because he is horrible there being so right-footed.

So you can imagine my horror when he was starting to day a Right Back.

But I will give credit where it is due and I felt over all he equipped himself very well especially when you consider that was his first full 90mins in Gers shirt of any significance at a very hostile Easter Road.

When it was becoming increasingly obvious that our midweek excursion on a hurrendous Hampdump pitch was catching up on us - he got forward at every opportunity and stuck to his task as best he could defensively.

It wasnt by all means a perfect performance - but nonetheless I feel I had to give him a positive mention as Ive been nothing but negative about his signing.

So hand up from me.....

Well played Kirk Broadfoot.

(tu)

i thought kirk played excellent, been thrown in at the deep end there i think as he hasnt played very much at all. he defended well and even went forward well, i was getting a bit pissed off with the same sh*tey long ball he kept on doing over the top thought.

apart from that, i think he done well. :rangers:

I thought he played well. Ok, his final cross needs a bit of work but you can't blame the guy for being a bit rusty. I think he's given Walter somthing to think about before throwing Whitaker straight back in...

I thought he was very poor but since he is a first division standard central defender trying to play at right back there may be some mitigation. What I didn't realise was that he is so friendly with Rob Jones that he felt the need to pass to him 18 or 19 times.

He also left the door open for Hibs attacks time and time again, Walter's face seemed to suggest that he realised what a mistake he had made in selection.

I thought he done well, considering.

He got caught well out of position once, where Rankin drove the ball across goal, but no real complaints apart from that.

Yep, he had a decent game.

Another player who has been shunted about the team and had little opportunity to get any sort of run in the side due to the form of others. Yet, when called upon he does the business. Has proven to be a shrewd Bosman signing to supplement the defence.

Although this would never happen, that would seriously dent our title challenge. Injuries, suspensions and fatigue would set in. The players would be exhausted.

Broadfoot was very good today. Apart from a few slack passes and poor crosses he didn't put a foot wrong. Defensively he was solid and i was impressed at how well he got forward to support Burke.

If Kirk gets a decent run of games i have no doubt he can push Whittaker for the right back slot.