McGregor good or bad

WaltersGotStyle

Hey heres another topic to get the blood flowing,

What does everyone think of McGregor at the moment, I have said for a long time he is a great shot stopper as he has trained with the bes, even coming through the youth ranks whilst Goram was there, however I still feel he is by no way a great keeper like some of our previous, Who would you guys pick if you were in charge, be reasonable tho obviously not Buffon lol.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I do have my doubts bout him, I think he has cost us a few goals this season but cant deny he has made some terrific stops. Just makes me angry when I tink about the hearts 4-2 game and the stuggart away! maybe sorensen from villa could be a good signing???

The one thing that sets him back is that he lives in the shadow of our former great keepers: Woods Goram and Klos.

Realistically speaking I don't think he will ever step out of these legends shadows as they were genuine world class players and to ask McGregor to reach similar heights would be unrealistic.

However considering his age I think it's fair to say that McGregor is already an excellent keeper who is only going to improve as he plays mroe games.

He is always going to be a relaible and dependable keeper who is capable of making important saves and that's good enough for me (tu)

Hey heres another topic to get the blood flowing,

What does everyone think of McGregor at the moment, I have said for a long time he is a great shot stopper as he has trained with the bes, even coming through the youth ranks whilst Goram was there, however I still feel he is by no way a great keeper like some of our previous, Who would you guys pick if you were in charge, be reasonable tho obviously not Buffon lol.

Quality goalkeeper , his best years are still to come , hopefully at Rangers

i think he makes less errors than Boruc but he's not as good as him 1 on 1. I used to hate him but i'm glad to say he has proved me wrong.

No think he's better than him now at 1 on 1, certainly kept us in games over the last few weeks with them. Christ borucs lettin the likes of killie score against him and they have a team of empty jersey's. Let's get it straight here when's the last time McGregor let a goal in ? Nuff said. ;):sherlock:

i think he makes less errors than Boruc but he's not as good as him 1 on 1. I used to hate him but i'm glad to say he has proved me wrong.

No think he's better than him now at 1 on 1, certainly kept us in games over the last few weeks with them. Christ borucs lettin the likes of killie score against him and they have a team of empty jersey's. Let's get it straight here when's the last time McGregor let a goal in ? Nuff said. ;):sherlock:

Well said. McGregor is a very good keeper and one who is still learning etc. And what also makes him superior to Borat is that he is also a sportsman, and will shake hands etc, unlike that prat. Yeh you may not like what has happened in a game, ie us humping Sellic 3-0, but have the decency to shake the opposition's hand and not blatently refuse. It's just good manners, and shows how bad a loser he is

Well Mcgregor let Gretna score into him :rolleyes:. TBH im nothis biggest fan when compares with Woods Goram and Klos but hes still a decent keeper.

Well Mcgregor let Gretna score into him :rolleyes:. TBH im nothis biggest fan when compares with Woods Goram and Klos but hes still a decent keeper.

It's unfair to compare him to Woods, Klos and Goram as they were out and out world class goalkeepers, who in all truth we were lucky.

McGregor despite the talent he has, is not and is unlikely to become world class.

i think he is a very good keeper, all keepers have there bad days but mcgregor doesn't seem to actually have many which is a good sign. i do feel Gordon is slightly better but he has played more games than Alan so hopefully he will mature more with the more games he plays. He doesn't seem to like the limlight so he doesn't get as much publicity as the bawbag across the city

For home grown talent he's turnin out a belter and can only improve. Don't forget it's the hardest position to fill and we've got a good un here, and he's only twenty-six still young for a goalie so we'll get a few years out of him yet. He's better than anything in Scotland and certainly better than Gordon now ! Should be number 1 for his country and will be soon. :sherlock:

we have been spoiled over the years to have keepers like those named above - its almost a necessity now for rangers to have a top goalkeeper, we have always been known for it. but mcgregor is only young and has his best years ahead of him, and already has proven himself the best in scotland. long may it continue.

I have to say McGregor is developing just perfectly.

He improves all the time, and is as good a choice as Gordon for the national jersey.

I feel really rather confident with him in goal, and while it's tough for him to follow Klos, Woods and Goram, he isn't any of them. He's very different to all of them and he's doing well in his own right.

The simple fact that he's one of the very few players we never complain about suggests he's doing pretty well.

Great but maybe a little suspect at cross balls. Best in Scotland. Much better at clearing with his feet when receiving pass backs under pressure than Gordon. Every bit as good as Gordon imo.

Will never be a Goram, Woods etc. but not that far behind and still young for a keeper.

Good to have him.