The Sending off! What did you think?

Boab

Guest The Brown Brogue

Just saw it on Sportscene and it was a terrible and stupid challenge and fully merited a straight red.

Credit to the hibs lad for getting straight up, a lot of players would have made a lot more of it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the "tackle" a few times on BBC. Reckless, idiotic behavior from Nacho, a red card offence without doubt. The Hibs player was very lucky to come out of it without being seriously injured. :rant:

Novo can count himself fortunate he hasnt seriously injured Gattusei.

It was an attempt for the ball but a stupid and reckless challenge all the same. especially being in the MF area of the pitch.

Card was deserved and thankfully Gattusei is not in hopsital just now because of Novo's challenge. Hopefully he will learn his lesson with a suspension and a fine

Wait to see the headlines tomorrow. Novo will be dubbed an animal(yet McT*ig broke someones leg and it got swept under the carpet) and they'll be saying Smith's feeling the pressure after his reaction.

Smith was right and it shows that his attitude and passion is still as strong as ever. Loved it how Mixu shat himself, looked like he was away to start crying.

Loved it how Mixu shat himself, looked like he was away to start crying.

I couldn't stop laughing. Smith was marching over towards him and Mixu shouted at the policeman and pointed at Watty! :lol:

Looking at Craigees pic which player is going over the ball? Nacho looks as if he is successfully going for the ball whereas the Hibs player is on the ground with his foot high nowhere near the ball.

The picture makes the tackle look innocent enough,Nacho's staring at the ball,and as you say the defenders foot is higher than Nacho's,haven't seen the tape yet though.

Loved it how Mixu shat himself, looked like he was away to start crying.

I couldn't stop laughing. Smith was marching over towards him and Mixu shouted at the policeman and pointed at Watty! :lol:

I wished I'd watched it now! :lol:

bi5jwi.jpg

Going for the ball. His eyes are on the ball. But he did it in a dangerous way. So no complaints about the red under the current rules.

Crazy tackle. Should be ashamed of himself.

We saw what one flailing leg did to Eduardo, and he goes and does this?!

Should be ashamed of himself ? give it a rest FFS. :rolleyes:

bi5jwi.jpg

Going for the ball. His eyes are on the ball. But he did it in a dangerous way. So no complaints about the red under the current rules.

Crazy tackle. Should be ashamed of himself.

We saw what one flailing leg did to Eduardo, and he goes and does this?!

Should be ashamed of himself ? give it a rest FFS. :rolleyes:

It was never a Red Card. It was a Yellow because his studs were showing but anyone who says he didn't go for the ball is a liar.

:rangers:

Wait to see the headlines tomorrow. Novo will be dubbed an animal(yet McT*ig broke someones leg and it got swept under the carpet) and they'll be saying Smith's feeling the pressure after his reaction.

Smith was right and it shows that his attitude and passion is still as strong as ever. Loved it how Mixu shat himself, looked like he was away to start crying.

Dont have to wait for the headlines tomorrow,you guys on RM have already crucified the wee man,and dont think the Media dosen't visit our forum. :(

Would you go as far as pat nevin and say it was assault?

No what do you expect from a tim. He called McManus leg braking a miss-timed tackle. This is what we have to put up with.

If people can't see that it was a red card then they either need to take off their blue tinted glasses or their eyes are painted on. That picture does not tell the story.

I don't know how people can judge it on that picture when they have not see the incident. Again, had that been McDonald, Brown, McManus, Caldwell etc we'd all be grumping and graoning and slagging the fuck out of them.

PB, I didn't mean he should be ashamed of himself because he's a potential killer like some people are making out.

He should be ashamed of himself for such a daft tackle that put the team under unnecessary pressure, playing a decent Hibs side with a man short.

Just a thought,Nacho trying too hard to nail down a starting position on the team? could be he's sitting on the bench saying to himself,why the f#ck am I sitting here when I can do a better job than the three front men picked in front of me (Burke,McCulloch,Naismith) and I would agree with him,It's no excuse for what he appears to have done,but I kind of think it may stem from pure frustration.Thoughts lads.

Pretty much yeah, he had a wee run, beat a man but made a poor touch, so just desperation/frustration to reach the ball - stupid tackle, at first I thought it wasn't too bad, a 50-50, but yeah, deserved the red.

No, flicked the ball past a player but the touch was heavy. Then jumped into a tackle with two feet.

He's been jumping into tackles and getting away with it for ages.

PB, I didn't mean he should be ashamed of himself because he's a potential killer like some people are making out.

He should be ashamed of himself for such a daft tackle that put the team under unnecessary pressure, playing a decent Hibs side with a man short.

Feel regret for sure Papa,but ashamed ? never,wev'e all played the game,and wev'e all done silly things we regret.He's a cracking wee lad,let's give him our support. (tu)

Silly tackle borne out of frustration. Not malicious - going for the ball.

You should never go for the ball with a two footed lunge and the studs showing. The only thing that will happen is a straight red card and you have a big chance of seriously injuring your opponent.

You can try and make excuses for him, but his tackle was bang out of order. If he had of seriously injured the Hibs fullback im sure hed forgive him if he knew he was on the end of a tackle cause Novo was frustrated. Aye right.....