Allan Mcgregor's car vandalised

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fucking Daily Record have stole my picture for there story tomorrow :angry2: :angry2:

Fucking sue them for breach of copyright mate.

It's YOUR picture and it's YOUR decision whether or not they use it.

No point, as what happened when they stole that birds Skye pictures - it's a public forum, so any one can take them.

I guess it's a credit to the site that so many journalists read it (tu)

I missed that with Skye but I'm not so sure that the Record is entitled to take pictures and print them without credit to the author where the identity of the photographer is clearly given.

In short, I think all CR would need to put up is a statement under the terms of membership that original photographs taken by members may not be used, saved or transmitted without permission.

Photography Copyright, I am sure, is a different kettle of fish altogether.

I once used a photo from the web on a website of mine and got a cease and desist letter through the door within the week... it never had a copyright attached to it.

It's down to "royalties".

Let's say you wrote and composed a new song and someone took it and claimed it as there own...

I would consult a lawyer at least and see where you stand as to me, this is blatant thievery.

Well im doing a photography degree at the minute, and we are told taking other peoples pictures (copying them) without permission is not allowed, and more often than not in america people sue over it, not sure what british law is on it though..

I'd give them a call and tell them to GTF, i want some money!? Unless they contacted you about using the pictures, then that is downright disgraceful, did they not think you'd see it?

There will be some cocky by-law in this somewhere, they wouldn't do it otherwise.

If you get any pictures like this in the future, i'd send them to them and offer on a ONE USE, FOR MONEY basis!

Bet they are reading this now like. .. :lol:

Take it to court, cause a big fuss about it.

Tell them you posted it HERE and ONLY HERE and say they didnt ask permission and have printed it on hundreds of thousands of copies..

And at £100 a shot, thats a few hunderd x hundred thousands of pounds you want in a cheque soon or youll sue for more.

Seriously, try and do something about it.. they can't keep coming and here and doing this!

:bouncy: