Will the Old Firm games decide the league?

Boab

With an Old Firm game at Ibrox looming just eight days away, and two to follow at Parkhead quickly afterwards, most observers believe that the destination of the title is about to be decided.

But McCoist is not entirely convinced the Glasgow derbies will have the ultimate say.

He added: "I know that most people are looking at the three Old Firm games and saying they will decide things.

"But we have matches against Motherwell, Dundee United, and Hibs tomorrow - all these teams are going after third place and the Uefa Cup place "These will be tough matches - there are no easy ones - for ourselves and Celtic.

"And remember, while people have been praising our consistency, Celtic have been on a solid run in the SPL as well.

"So, while the Old Firm games are going to be massive, I don't think you can say they will sort things out."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...perspective.php

Ally doesn't think so but do you?

If we beat them in the remaining three then the league will be ours.

But I don't look at it like that, I look at one game at a time and the fact that we have Hibs tomorrow. We still have to go to Tannadice and wherever the split lands us.

I'm a bit worried about the way we've played recently especially against Thistle, we can't keep riding out luck like that, we need to finish teams off quick. If we beat Hibs tomorrow and then beat the scum next week, then we're well on our way to the league, because as somebody already said, celtic can't handle the pressure. This game congestion better not fuck up our chances of winning the league, it shouldn't..

We've got a tough fixture list. Europe, Scottish cup and an extra league game to fit in. We've also got more away games to play than them in the league.

I'm quietly confident that we'll win the league, but I'd love to see us beat them at Ibrox. If we do that, I'll be 10 times more relaxed than I am right now.

I do agree with Ally in the sense that we've gotta win every match we've gotta play. I'm more concerned about the schedule which is ahead of us, because of all these cancelled games and also the replay in the Scottish Cup. Hoping we'll be able to cope with all this :rangers: .

Providing we keep on winning our other matches then yes i think even this next old firm match will be just about enough. If we take the points against Hibs and then next week i think that will really knock it out of them.

We can then head to porkhead and aim for a point which would further destroy their confidence. Each game though must be handled one at a time, forget tiredness and looking beyond, just get the strongest side possible on the pitch and get the victory and then on to the next one.

I think we'll see a different celtc team now. A win tomorrow followed by next week are a must.

Agree with this MuffGer, there will be a reaction to the fact that the league is the ONLY trophy they are fighting for, and their form will improve dramatically.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we are in a bit of a form slump, and we're going to need to pull the finger out. We've got away with it so far, but we MUST keep picking 3 points up in the league. We CANNOT throw this away to THEM.

:rangers:

We've beaten them this season, and we've lost to Hibs and Dundee Utd.

tbh, it's game by game imo - we can drop points to diddy teams after gubbing the tims.

I think we'll see a different celtc team now. A win tomorrow followed by next week are a must.

Agree with this MuffGer, there will be a reaction to the fact that the league is the ONLY trophy they are fighting for, and their form will improve dramatically.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we are in a bit of a form slump, and we're going to need to pull the finger out. We've got away with it so far, but we MUST keep picking 3 points up in the league. We CANNOT throw this away to THEM.

A return to winning ways is a must tomorrow and I couldn't care if it was the worst game we have ever played, as long as we come off the park with the three points.

I'm pretty sure celtc will take care of Gretna. Dropping points tomorrow would be a boost for celtc and that's the last thing we need right before an Old Firm match.

Time for everyone to stand up and be counted.

A return to winning ways is a must tomorrow and I couldn't care if it was the worst game we have ever played, as long as we come off the park with the three points.

I'm pretty sure celtc will take care of Gretna. Dropping points tomorrow would be a boost for celtc and that's the last thing we need right before an Old Firm match.

agree totally got to get 3 pts tomorrow

agree totally got to get 3 pts tomorrow

(tu)

the way i look at it is win tomorrow and next sat againt the scum and we will be ok it will be to much for them to catch up if we win the next two games :rangers:

I tend to agree with this, but it will not be easy. A lot of hard games for both teams, but if we beat Hibs and Celtic then Celtic will implode. I would go as far as saying win the next three league games and the league is ours.

Still we need to improve a bunch to do that.

The way it's beginning to look our fixture congestion will decide the league. It's still hard to believe that septic won't support us over extending the season after we supported them over POD, but I suppose nothing should surprise me where those scumbags are concerned

1 draw and 1 win might be enough for us.

Walter knows what we need.

I really think this could be Walters year as a manager.

Our team is good... Walter and Ally have installed a real confidence in the team.

Win silver shiny cups people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :locked::rangers: